PDA

View Full Version : e6 logo

buck_tempo
07-16-2003, 01:18 PM
now that robert schneider has officially announced that they will stop bestowing the elephant 6 logo on albums as a mark of quality, can we have a roll call of only the albums which bear the stamp?

William
07-16-2003, 02:20 PM
Where did he officially announce that? :(

opopopo
07-16-2003, 08:22 PM
wow will! 100 posts! welcome to the elite club of centiposters! your fruit basket and comemorative plaque are in the mail as we speak.

Freakboy
07-25-2003, 02:56 AM
kukoi.

el topo
07-26-2003, 08:19 AM
A roll call of all the albums that bear the stamp?

Apples in Stereo - everything except for Let's Go EP, Velocity of Sound
Beulah - everything except for The Coast is Never Clear, Popular Mechanics for Lovers
Black Swan Network - I don't have their "solo" CD, but I assume they use it...
Elf Power - everything except for Creatures, Nothing's Going to Happen
Essex Green - Everything is Green, Essex Green EP
Gerbils - Are You Sleepy, The Battle of Electricity (I think this is the most recent album to feature the logo)
Great Lakes - Great Lakes
Major Organ and the Adding Machine
Marbles - Pyramid Landing
Minders - everything through the Right as Rain single (pre-Down in Fall), after that they stopped using it
The Music Tapes - everything except the 2nd Imaginary Symphony (unless it shows up on the official release)
Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
Of Montreal - The Bedside Drama: A Petite Tragedy
Olivia Tremor Control - everything except the Peel Sessions
Secret Square
Sunshine Fix - Beaconary Word single

I think that's it. I don't have all the singles, so I'm not sure if Of Montreal, for example, used the symbol on anything else. Please suggest corrections to this list, anybody!

Personally, I wish they'd keep using the symbol; it was always such a stamp of quality. But at least the great music lives on...

canyr
04-16-2006, 10:39 AM
well, I was wondering, because :
- my flydaddy copy of black foliage doesn't have the logo... nether has the hideaway cd single.
well, both are the blue rose edition (european one I guess).
note that blue rose cubist castle has the e6 logo.
- elf power, a dream in sound : mine doesn't have it. it's a shifty disco promo copy...

el topo
04-16-2006, 03:00 PM
Wow, this is an old thread.

You're right, Black Foliage doesn't have it and neither does Hideaway--my mistake.

The Arena Rock U.S. pressing of Dream in Sound has it--in the orange window of the door that's swung open on the house.

canyr
04-17-2006, 02:45 PM
Of course !!!
Mistake's mine this time around, it's right there in the door window !!!:D