PDA

View Full Version : band t-shirts make me happy

perfectbrokenmirror
07-08-2003, 05:53 PM
i must express my new joy - MY BELLE AND SEBASTIAN T-SHIRT!!!! well it hasn't come yet but it has been sent and i'll be trying to await its arrival patiently.

i was excited to get the original ampersand t-shirt design (i'm not to fond of the new design). and they had my size left!!! how grand was that. perfect perfect.

c.s.

....i'll pay my mother later...hehehe;)

William
07-09-2003, 12:41 PM
I still have to order my Yo La Tengo T-Shirt, and my Neutral Milk Hotel T-Shirt...

William
07-11-2003, 02:29 PM
I was going to get a Syd Barrett T-Shirt...But it has 'The Syd Barrett Archives - www.sydbarrett.net' written on the back which seemed too tacky...plus its 21$ :D

perfectbrokenmirror
07-12-2003, 09:43 AM
ooo yes i do need to get the nmh one...when i get money.

yeah i can understand not wanting to wear the popular band shirts but I say if you like the band wear the shirt. i haven't seen anyone with a VU banana t-shirt on in the years that I have walked this planet.

c.s.

dolemites_sister
07-12-2003, 01:06 PM
My favorite band t-shirts are my Guided By Voices Propeller shirt, my two of montreal shirts the one from the Coquelicot and the one from the new album, and my Beatles Abbey Road shirt.

My abbey road shirt needs to be retired though, because its getting holey (or maybe holy)... :)

j

Housh
07-13-2003, 09:56 PM
dude, turn that fat into muscle and attract all the pretty ladies. :cool:

channelfan
07-14-2003, 12:05 PM
my favorite shirt is my olivia tremor control 'shapes' shirt of the red variety.
recently i got a neat bonnie prince billy shirt with a bird holding a guitar on it, light blue.
i love my beatles shirts, sgt pepper, let it be, and an unsual abbey road shirt which has the 4 of them in normal color, but the rest of the album cover in gray. it's pretty neat. i really want a rubber soul shirt and revolver.
i have 2 neutral milk hotel shirts that i never wear. they were sold via orange twin long ago to make money for the bell brewer museum. they are hand drawn by jeff and colored by laura.
other favorites are:
new essex green shirt 'the long goodbye' on light blue
pavement shirt with ancient instrument players
flaming lips race for the prize

incidentally, i just never connect with some shirts i buy. i know it's weird but i have my reasons. so if anyone is interested in an older essex green shirt, a red elf power shirt, or a recent sloan shirt, i'll give you a good deal.

Andy McAllister
07-14-2003, 12:22 PM
matt, i'll buy the essex green shirt from you

channelfan
07-14-2003, 12:26 PM
aww, andy, for you its free! you know whats mine is yours!

dolemites_sister
07-14-2003, 03:36 PM
Hey what size is the elf power? I don't have one of my very own...

I know what you mean about some t-shirts.. I have quite a few like that... There are some that I just don't wear...

I forgot to add my Masters of the Hemisphere t shirt to my favorite t-shirt list... Its yellow with Freemdoom on it..

perfectbrokenmirror
07-15-2003, 01:30 AM
i have the same problem and then i kick myself for buying the shirt. all that money in band shirtst that I don't really wear...hmmm...i figure that i'll just sell them but sometimes i wear them..rarely, like once a month and then i don't want to part with them. its a horrid cycle.

c.s.

channelfan
07-15-2003, 06:20 AM
the elf power shirt is either a large or xl, i'll have to check. i don't think i ever wore it really. its red and it has the one-eyed guy on it, they used to sell it on orangetwin.

nice man washing
07-15-2003, 06:55 AM
Best band t-shirt is definitely the Circulatory System one: white, short-sleeved and with a two-tone green design. A cheap way of getting some Cullen Hart art on your chest!

nice man washing
07-15-2003, 07:30 AM
You're right - I guess it might be cheaper to print in fewer colours, plus it's less likely to run.

A full-on Black Foliage design would be great . . .

channelfan
07-15-2003, 09:10 AM
a few years ago they sold a shirt with some black foliage artwork on it in full color. it was from one of the inside panels, and it was beautiful on the white shirt. mine has since faded a bit, but it is still a favorite of mine. also i did forget to mention the circsys shirt in my favorites list. it's real neat.

acrobat
07-15-2003, 06:18 PM
I like my Airport 5 shirt.

It rules.

dolemites_sister
07-16-2003, 03:06 AM
Ooh ooh! I would kill to have an Airport 5 shirt!!!!

nice man washing
07-16-2003, 07:31 AM
Hi s. Most t-shirts are screenprinted, and if there are a lot of colours it's more expensive.

abstrick
07-16-2003, 01:47 PM
i like my damnwells tshirt, they have the coolest logo.

[Edited on 7-17-2003 by abstrick]

acrobat
07-17-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by dolemites_sister
Ooh ooh! I would kill to have an Airport 5 shirt!!!!

hey, what's up? you can probably still get an Airport 5 shirt through www.lunamusic.net. good luck!

dolemites_sister
07-18-2003, 03:35 AM
much love to you, man! They still have my size and everything! Woo!

I'm gonna get me a shirt... I need a new wardrobe anyway, right?

j

perfectbrokenmirror
07-20-2003, 08:05 PM
aHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i can't find my channel shirt anywhere!!! i'm going crazy. i need my damn shirt and i think my mother threw it away!!:o:mad: if i don't pick up my clothes from the bathroom i will find them in the trash. i don't want to believe that this happened.

c.s.

channelfan
07-21-2003, 07:16 AM
i don't want this to happen either.
those shirts were few and now far between. lab tests have shown that those who wear the shirt become happier, gigglier and at some points even ecstatically babble in astonishment, especially whilst listening to the channel's music.
okay so the lab was really my bedroom and the experiment was done with my 8 month old son, but regardless, it's a really neat shirt right?

perfectbrokenmirror
07-23-2003, 10:08 AM
it was more than neat and now its gone!!!:( i'll live. do you have anymore?

c.s.

channelfan
07-23-2003, 12:42 PM
there may be yet one more tucked away but i won't know for sure till i get home and look for it. if not i think good ol' colby might agree to do up a hand drawn one for you. sorry you lost it!

William
02-22-2004, 02:23 PM
I'm quite happy with my hand-drawn Circulatory System t-shirt right now.

Plastic_hero
02-23-2004, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by William
I'm quite happy with my hand-drawn Circulatory System t-shirt right now.
Me too, though it's too large to use (though I doubt that I'd use it anyways). How do slim people find clothes that fit in USA? I bought it with size "small", and I could probably use it as a tent...

perfectbrokenmirror
02-23-2004, 10:31 AM
How odd. I find clothes. A small usually do the trick but at times I've resorted to extra-small.

I'm sorry your shirt didn't fit you. I am always weary of ordering clothes online because I never know how it will fit/look on me.

c.s.

andygish
02-23-2004, 05:16 PM
There is a cool Syd T-shirt from the Mick Rock photo opening from 2002 in existance. Respectable and much better than that notorious "stoned" t-shirt from that photo taken in 1971.

I am unloading a bunch of t-shirts, but that is one I can not let go of since I made it up to the opening. But I have seen them on ebay.

I have some other t-shirts for sale on ebay at the moment. EP, OTC and Pavment, GBV, and Daniel J.

I have not worn them and am moving... I have moved them too many times.

Plastic_hero
02-23-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by perfectbrokenmirror
How odd. I find clothes. A small usually do the trick but at times I've resorted to extra-small.

I'm sorry your shirt didn't fit you. I am always weary of ordering clothes online because I never know how it will fit/look on me.

c.s.
Well that's wierd, but I guess it's different with women's clothing? My Unicorns T-shirt is "Woman medium" and it fits perfect, but most band t-shirts aren't available in that size (and I have to order from internet, because they aren't available at all otherwise). Luckily I know how to use the sewing machine my mother has, but it's a bit hassle to get nice, fitting band t-shirts.. :)

perfectbrokenmirror
02-24-2004, 09:20 PM
Geez, you re-sew shirts!? Kudos to you. I just pray that the shirts will fit me and if they don't I try to sell them. Maybe I'll resort to the sewing machine, once I remember how to use it.

c.s.

dolemites_sister
02-25-2004, 01:38 AM
Geez.. I usually find indie shirts don't fit, but in the other way.. It seems like when we go to shows, shirts are always small and large. So no in between.

But my husband who usually wears an extra large never gets to by a shirt usually because most indie people are so skinny and so are their shirts..

I could only wish I had your problem! :)
jennifer