PDA

View Full Version : My homage to Chocolate USA (tenuous link to E6)

Joe
06-28-2003, 12:50 AM
Hey,

I haven't posted since you updated the boards... I like the look of things.

Anyway, holdovers from the earlier days might remember me; last year I did the first attempt of the Ninja Death Club, a music subscription list. For $23 you got six full-length CDs, one every month or two. Every single instrument on those albums (drums, guitar, bass, piano, bells, synths, trombone, maracas, vibraphone, etc.) was played by me... I'm kind of a control freak, I guess.

Anyway, I'm doing another Ninja Death Club, and I figured I'd come here and toot my horn again. For $23 plus shipping you get nine months of full-length CDs, books, videos, and 7" EPs, all of it with homemade artwork and packaging. I'm hocking my wares here because I'm kind of following in the footsteps of Julian Koster's Chocolatey Smash Hit of the Month Club, back in the Chocolate USA days. I was pretty young when Chocolate USA were around, so I missed out on it. It always struck me as a cool idea, so I set out to bring something like it back into the world. If you got burned by the Kindercore Singles Club or couldn't afford the Happy Happy Birthday To Me's similar venture, and you're the kind of person that likes getting stuff in the mail, this might be something you'd get into.

I've got some more details at http://allstarpowerup.com/index.pl?node=About . There are plenty of mp3s from the first Ninja Death Club to download, as well as cartoons and other stuff. Thanks for reading this, and if posting something like this isn't allowed anymore, feel free to delete it.

- Joe

E6er
02-04-2011, 01:51 PM
the link is broken but this sounds cool

soniclovenoize
02-04-2011, 02:23 PM
Well, it was posted like 8 years ago...

spiffy_kimbean
02-04-2011, 02:38 PM
Well, it was posted like 8 years ago...

Quoted for truth. Seriously.

drumsandfire
02-04-2011, 02:40 PM
necro much?

Bananas
02-04-2011, 02:43 PM
I like how this thread now has to continue on with you people mocking him for bumping an old thread while you all do the same.

drumsandfire
02-04-2011, 02:45 PM
I like how you like how this thread now has to continue on while you mock us people for mocking him for bumping an old thread while you do the same as we all did

Bananas
02-04-2011, 02:45 PM
No I'm fine with bumping random bullshit.

Noah
02-06-2011, 12:03 AM
NOOOOOOOooo. I was so excited until you had to go and show me it was from 2003.