PDA

View Full Version : ...old hat

Blight
03-07-2005, 07:29 PM
Hello kiddies,

This is (obviously) my first post, so please forgive me if i posted this in the wrong place. I’d like to share some of my music with you all if that would be alright. I have no where else to go, as nobody around here (‘here’ as in the physical ‘here’) wants to hear it, and even avoids it. I figure that people who like the kinds of music talked about here would be kind enough to at least give my home demos a listen and tell me what’s wrong with everything.

I used to record with other people, but none of them were interested in letting me play my stuff, so I just record alone when it comes to things I’ve written. These recordings consist only of bass and vocals; I play the drums, and used effects and the like for previous versions, but I get so depressed trying to make it not sound phony or trying to please people raised on MTV that I just gave up and recorded bare-bones skeletal demos of my songs. All they are is just a mic and a bass (DI) right into an inexpensive four track. Yes, I know it’s easily possible to get better quality on tape, but I just don’t care anymore.

Here’s my webspace:

http://home.earthlink.net/~brianleiter/

The web space I have only allows enough room for me to post maybe two songs at once (though I can rotate them), but I can send things through MSN messenger or something if anyone wants to bother.

I’d love to hear everyone else’s music too, as nowadays it’s so hard to find music with soul. The world is eating your soul all the time. So give me a listen, tell me what (if anything) you thought, and I’ll give you the same. I’m at the end of my rope; I’ve got nothing in my heart anymore. Dear brothers and sisters, show me you’ve got soul.

Thanks for reading,
-Blight Edward

P.S.: how lame was all that!?

ladylamentingonalawnchair
03-07-2005, 07:37 PM
Hmm, I have a nice old fedora. Don't be so down on yourself, sweetie. The world is a lovely place, full of green things, and you will find people who appreciate you.

William
03-07-2005, 08:34 PM
I like the bass-only thing. You're a good bass player. It might sound good with some light drums too.

the hurdy gurdy man
03-07-2005, 10:06 PM
Hello Blight. You have some cool stuff... keep playing and don't get discouraged and/or put out. I know what you mean though. I too have recorded some stuff... you can hear it at:
www.purevolume.com/theins
and at:
www.geocities.com/the_ins_band
different songs at different sites. let me know what you think. purevolume is a good deal... you should look into it.

taylor
03-08-2005, 09:56 PM
i've an old bowler. when i wear it, i like to whistle. it makes me feel important.

ps. today my left shoe lost its sole. but i enjoyed your music. keep it up. and don't eat too much citrus.

opopopo
03-08-2005, 10:45 PM
I think you've got quite a nice voice, Blight. Lovely.

I just ate a LOT of cheesecake, but I have yet to find a hat that suits me.

Blight
03-12-2005, 11:44 AM
Hey Hurdy Gurdy Man, I took a listen, and I liked it a lot. The kind of stuff I would listen to on long car rides I the middle of nowhere. I adore the voice. I especially liked 'holes'. Thanks for listening, kiddies.

I changed the songs on my site. Excuse my mood up there, I have a tendency to get whiney now and then!

*dons top hat*

the hurdy gurdy man
03-12-2005, 12:29 PM
thanks, blight. i just downloaded the song off your site... it has a very compelling sound. very good.

the only hat i ever wear is a stocking hat my grandma knitted... it has blue, red, and black stripes, and a puff ball thing on the top...

Blight
03-15-2005, 11:23 PM
Okay, I put the last of the five original closet recordings up. So in total they were (not in this order):

'helium castles on mountains at night'
'the trees of the mind are black'
'bird's nest soup'
'dream of being uninvited'
'&'

That's all for those recordings. Feel free to show me any of your stuff, kiddies, I'll be on this forum for some time. Say if you have any thoughts about the songs, and thank you very much for listening. I know it's your time and your ears, but I'm glad you bothered.

Blight
04-10-2005, 01:13 PM
Hello-hello.

Sorry it has taken so long, but if anyone in interested I put up what is the last version of 'helium castles on mountains at night' on my page. It will be on my record, entitled: 'The Most Unprofessional Record Ever Made'. The title warns you about what you're in for. Plenty of clicks, pops, buzzes, hisses, mistakes and the like.

The record consists mostly of bass and vocals, but also features banjo and drums.

Anyway, I've been listening to the stuff the other posters have shown and am happy with them. Take a gander if you please.