PDA

View Full Version : god i'm so confused (downloading music)

nervesandgel
06-13-2003, 07:03 PM
i just got the internet at home and i'm trying to figure out this downloading music thing again. the last thing i used was audiogalaxy which was great. but what is good now, i signed up for kazaa which i've heard about a bunch but i can't find much on it. but there also seems to be a kaza and a kazza and a kazzaa and any other variotion thats possible. anyone know what's the best to use?

oldtimebike
06-13-2003, 07:25 PM
personally i think soulseek is the best for downloading music. go to www.slsk.org to download the program. it's very easy to set up.

opopopo
06-13-2003, 07:36 PM
i agree, soulseek is super. i've also got kazaa, and use it quite a bit, but the selection there stinks.

MrG
06-13-2003, 10:52 PM
WinMX is good, very efficient, though the selection sometimes leaves something to be desired.

The most important thing is that if you download more than three songs in an album you buy the album. :)

Mike

nervesandgel
06-14-2003, 12:29 AM
yeh i'm mainly downloading the albums that i have on vinyl because its such a pain to transfer vinyl to cd, or cds that i have that are scratched to hell (which seem to be most of mine). i'm completely into supporting musicians and would never robb them. especialy the more underground bands, cause i know they don't make much.

anyways thanks for the suggestions, i've checked out soulseek and it seems to have what i'm looking for

dolemites_sister
06-14-2003, 04:01 AM
Kazaa is also the king of spyware....

I would definetly give ole soulseek a try.

jennifer

Freek
06-14-2003, 09:47 AM
defenitely soulseek, lots of e6 stuff on there, like liveconcerts and hard to find out of print releases

raygun
06-14-2003, 10:27 AM
if uour going to kazaa you must KAZAA LITE - no spyware... make sure once you have it you never agree to the update notices or else they will jab your eyes out with hot spyware.

spacehorse
06-14-2003, 11:35 AM
whats spyware??

buhuh?

dolemites_sister
06-15-2003, 04:32 AM
Little nasty hidden programs that tell companies what kind of stuff you search for. Most of the time its for advertising purposes, but it can also be used for other bad things.

www.eff.org

this website tells a lot of the things the government is trying to do. VERY SCARY!

William
06-15-2003, 04:35 PM
Does SoulSeek have spyware, and does it puts ads on your computer and stuff?

opopopo
06-15-2003, 05:15 PM
nope, im pretty sure soulseek is clean of all that sneaky garbage

dolemites_sister
06-15-2003, 11:44 PM
Yeah... Soulseek is supposed to be spyware free..

There are some good programs like Ad-Aware and Spybot Search and Destroy that will get rid of the hidden spyware on your computer.

j

channelfan
06-16-2003, 06:33 AM
i believe kazaa is also being monitored by the riaa (recording industry artists association) to try and bust high volume sharers.

boyfunk
06-16-2003, 08:11 AM
Kazaa-lite supposedly doesn't have any of the spyware...who knows...soulseek is definitely the best, but many people on there don't share very well.