PDA

View Full Version : hey william

Freakboy
06-04-2003, 02:40 PM
your 14 too? thats pretty cool you and i are about the youngest people here everyone else is scary and old :S
i reread the song you posted on the topic i made over and over and its incredible im not flattering you its crazy but makes sense to me somehow. very cool

William
06-04-2003, 03:01 PM
Yeah, I noticed you were 14 as well in that topic. Thanks about the poem/song thing too..I wrote it after hearing about someone who had pet birds, and when they had babies they were born with their legs backwards, and also after watching a Radiohead video with a crying Minotaur in it..

Freakboy
06-04-2003, 04:33 PM
Radioheads cool :) i just got amnesiac but i havent listened to it all yet cuz i got like 5 other cd's (3 of wich were NMH) so yeah >.>
what other bands you like?

William
06-04-2003, 05:32 PM
Neutral Milk Hotel, The Mountain Goats, Yo La Tengo, and the Olivia Tremor Control are my favorites.

ralphie
06-05-2003, 08:30 AM
i know this isnt directed toward me or anything, but i have to say... the mountain goats is my favorite band :D and i havent met anyone [other than me] who listens to them, in my town that is.

Freakboy
06-05-2003, 01:24 PM
i love the mountaingoats, ive got nine black poppies plus a few other songs (going to goergia family happiness and the cover of the sign). what are yo la tenggo like? sounds like a mexican band or something. and whats olivia tremor control like ive heard theyre the second best e6 band after NMH.

Ouch!MyPhantomLimb!
06-05-2003, 01:38 PM
Yo La Tengo isn't a Spanish band (though their name is Spanish for something like "I got it!", the sort of thing to be yelled out when an outfielder is going for a catch in baseball). They used to be sort of a noisy pop band, but recently they've mellowed into this kind of droney, dreamy stuff that's pretty OK. True indie standards, perpetually hip.

The Olivia Tremor Control is just too amazing for words. There's this tention between excellent pop songs and sound collage, nothing is simple, everything is exploding with activity. Dusk At Cubist Castle and Black Foliage are rightly considered the hieghts of modern psychedelia.

ralphie
06-06-2003, 08:49 AM
yeah, both of those bands rock alot too, they are a lot different than the mountain goats

William
06-06-2003, 09:50 AM
I have the Mountain Goats ''All Hail West Texas'' album. I'm going to order ''Full Force Galesburg'', and I don't know whether to get ''The Coroners Gambit'', or ''Sweden'' with ''Full Force Galesburg''. Any suggestions?

ralphie
06-06-2003, 03:39 PM
''The Coroners Gambit'' is really good, i havent heard the others, so i wouldnt be able to say which is better

perfectbrokenmirror
06-12-2003, 08:12 PM
yo la tengo is really good. i hesitated checking them out and finally did some months back. i think you'd like them freekboy. i love tears are in your eyes. their album And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside Out = AMAZING! the title sends me into periods of thinking and amazing thoughts. good stuff.

and yes, yo la tengo does mean " i have it" or "i've got it".

c.s.

acrobat
06-12-2003, 09:21 PM
um, ok. ...And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside-out is all well and good (I guess), but if you want to hear Yo La Tengo at their best, you really would be well advised to get Electr-o-pura or I Can Hear the Heart Beating As One. Both albums are FAR FAR superior to their most recent two albums IMO.

friend
06-13-2003, 09:34 AM
my fave album of their's is i can feel the heart beating as one. painful is awesome too. i also really like and then nothing... the new one and electo pura have a lot of good songs, put to me they are uneven.

William
06-13-2003, 11:13 AM
I have Yo La Tengos last 3 albums. I like them..I guess I might check out the earlier stuff if I ever get around to it. I like their last three too though. I think Summer Sun deserved alot more praise then it got.

friend
06-16-2003, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by William
I think Summer Sun deserved alot more praise then it got.

i agree.