PDA

View Full Version : can i finally post here?

nervesandgel
05-29-2003, 08:13 PM
holy crap! the new board finally works for me! maybe?

opopopo
05-29-2003, 09:30 PM
yep yep, it works quite spiffily indeed! glad you can join the wonderful world of gayly posting about elphants once again!

friend
05-30-2003, 06:28 AM
jonny, good to hear from u.

1. i'm sending u mixtape in next two weeks.
2. your nervesandgel cd and mixed cd are awesome.
3. tell me about the lucky dragons, i may see them tonight.
4. same address?

peace

perfectbrokenmirror
05-30-2003, 10:03 AM
oh yes, i must finish those mix tapes...:o Figures that it would take me months to get them done.

c.s.

nervesandgel
05-30-2003, 10:12 PM
this is probably too late but just go see the lucky dragons! they're sort of glitchy electronic, but they use a lot of accoustic guitar. really random. i haven't seen them live although i've been talking to them through e-mail about having them come to denver. i'm pretty excited, its one of the best cds i've bought this year.

friend
06-02-2003, 08:47 AM
hey jonny, i didn't see 'em. way too tired. i'm gonna buy the cd too. how have you been doing? i'm driving cross-country in about a month. i don't know what route we're taking yet, but maybe we could hook up. we may be go north of you, i don't know.

nervesandgel
06-02-2003, 02:49 PM
i've been doing well. i don't post much because i only have internet at work so its kind of hard. hopefully soon i'll have it at home. i've been real busy. i'm starting a record lable here soon and i've got some really great stuff that i'm releasing. can't wait. i've also been recording my ass off, i've been working on a new cd for the past six months and its about 1/3 of the way done. and i'm hoping to have my website up soon that will have all my older albums up plus a couple things i haven't released.
i've been emailing back and forth with the lucky dragons, and i think they're going to come out here to denver, can't wait
do you have any destinations on your trip this summer? i was suppose to go to all tommorow's parties but they just canceled it today (pissed!) anyway take care
johnny

friend
06-03-2003, 06:35 AM
hey jonny. that's awesome about your recording stuff. and starting a label too. i want to hear some of this stuff. my only destinations so far are chicago and seattle. i was talking with my brother last night and he was saying it would be difficult to hit colorado, we have mild time constraints. there's a small festival in washington this summer with mt. eerie, the badger king, dub narcotic, etc. that i'll be hitting.

perfectbrokenmirror
06-03-2003, 07:36 PM
LUCKY YOU!!! A bunch of my friends and I wanted to go to the festival in Washington (whose name I do not rmember). We were going to buy this pink school bus and drive cross country. Sadly this plan is as solid as dust thrown into the wind. But i hope you have fun:D\

c.s.

ladylamentingonalawnchair
06-04-2003, 08:09 AM
It's called the What the Heck? Fest.

friend
06-04-2003, 09:48 AM
yeah, what the heck? fest. should be awesome. sarahe, get your plan together! that would be cool to meet you there. there are so many amazing bands playing there, most of which i don't hear people talking about on this board. they good!

nervesandgel
06-04-2003, 03:16 PM
i might be going to this, i was suppose to go to all tommorow's parties but it got canceled, so i'm trying to figure out something else to do this summer, i just looked at the what the heck websit and wow! what a line up. it's sort of far though, so we'll see.

friend
06-05-2003, 06:01 AM
jonny, do it! there will be such a vibe there. so many friendly people. a lotta love. there are people i know driving there from all different parts of the country.

nervesandgel
06-05-2003, 02:58 PM
i'm really thinking about it, except i can't find too much info about if. i found the band line up and thats about it, and i know nothing about the town. is this one of those camp out things, or are there hotels and such. i have the link to the main web page but any more info would help, cause i do need a vacation and this sounds like a lot of fun and my friend is interested too.

friend
06-06-2003, 10:33 AM
there is camping at a few spots nearby. washington park is one. i'm in the process of figuring out where i'm camping/sleeping. if you guys need a place to stay in seattle before or after the festival, you got one. i'll let you know as i find things out. knw-yr-own is selling tickets for it, but they'll go fast. i think after full passes are sold out, they'll offer some one day passes. brett from d+ and knw-yr-own told me that even without the passes, it's super fun and there's still a lot of great music at the bars and impromtu playing. i'll let you know as i find out more.

boyfunk
06-12-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by nervesandgel
holy crap! the new board finally works for me! maybe?

Yes, it wouldn't let me register for the longest time. I had almost given up.

friend
06-12-2003, 08:34 AM
i thought my eyes were playing tricks on me for a second. hey don!

boyfunk
06-12-2003, 08:38 AM
hello, brian. wow, there's a bunch of people I recognize here. nice.