PDA

View Full Version : can any one tell me if its true........

dole8
08-12-2004, 09:06 PM
im such a big fan of the adventures of pete and pete(i know im a dork and the shows not on any more) but i was at a site and it said every band that made music for the show and it said apples in stereo was one of them.....does anyone else know if this is true

well im an apollo sunshine fan...the apples in stereo just toured with them and ive been meaning to get one of their cd witch do you think is their best?

Brien
08-12-2004, 10:57 PM
Tidal Wave was played during an episode of the show. I'm sure if you do enough google searches, you can find more details.

everythingfallstogether
08-18-2004, 09:01 PM
i like fun trick noisemaker

kartoonz
08-19-2004, 09:48 AM
As an Apollo Sunshine fine I think Discovery of a World Inside the Moone might be more your cup o' tea, but my personal fav is Her Wallpaper Reverie.

dole8
08-21-2004, 10:04 AM
the other day i went to the music store to buy one of their cds and none were to be found!!! i was very mad and i still want their cd really bad

erik
08-21-2004, 11:46 PM
YEAH! on the episode where little pete and nona and wayne pardue stay in the school all night, tidal wave is played while they go really fast down the hallway on one of those roller skeletons. it's great. i saw the apples on their recent tour, and a guy in the crowd kept yelling "tidal wavvveee" and finally they played it near the end, after joking around with him. IT WAS GREAT. but also kind of overwhelming to think i first heard that music when i was very small, and a little sad to think that i might of been taking the whole casual rock-show experience for granted!

other musics on that show include the magnetic fields song "why i cry"! jeez, remember the good old days?

garyw
08-23-2004, 07:54 PM
pete and pete basically introduced me to apples in stereo which basically introduced me to indie rock. yey!

dole8
08-24-2004, 09:23 PM
yeah i just watched the episode..............i have all the episodes on dvd, thats just how cool i am and it says in the credits, music by "the apples" did they change their name since then or they just didnt put it all up for some reason

everythingfallstogether
08-26-2004, 07:35 AM
where can i get an adventures of pete and pete dvd?!?

William
08-26-2004, 12:17 PM
There are only bootleg Pete & Pete DVDs I think...someone was selling the complete collection on Yahoo Auctions for $12 once (not now). On eBay it sells usually for $50. You can buy the seasons individually from eBay for like $10 each too,,

YEAH! on the episode where little pete and nona and wayne pardue stay in the school all night, tidal wave is played while they go really fast down the hallway on one of those roller skeletons.

I remember that episode. I had no idea about anything Elephant 6 at the time though I wish I did notice the music and love it and get into The Apples In Stereo early on - I was only 5 or 6 years old during the shows prime but I did love the show.

[Edited on 8-26-2004 by William]

[Edited on 8-26-2004 by William]

dole8
08-26-2004, 05:51 PM
yeah i got them on ebay i think they were $35

today and i bought my first apples in stereo cd im very excited right now its her wallpaper reverie

everythingfallstogether
09-02-2004, 07:27 AM
when i was little, i hated the show. i recently saw it on a chanel called noggin and thought it was the best show ever. i saw on ebay they have a bunch of complete season dvds, do you guys know the quality of the pete and pete botlegs?
-thanks

dole8
09-02-2004, 11:10 AM
some are better then others, i got one on vhs and it was soooo crappy but my sister took it to college and i never got it so my mom got another but on dvd and it is sooo much better then the vhs, it depents on the person