PDA

View Full Version : to channel or not to channel?

floating norman
05-28-2003, 03:28 PM
Hello everyone. I wanted to fit in by using this new poll option. If you have time, go to www.thechannelsounds.com and listen to the free mp3's. Then tell us if you think you like it, are indifferent, or don't care for it. Thanks!

dolemites_sister
05-29-2003, 03:25 AM
I know I like it! I have two CD's and I think they are grand!

I listened to them over and over again when I was home with my gallbladder surgery! I can somewhat say that the Channel contributed to my speedy recovery! :D

rickard
05-29-2003, 12:43 PM
The songs are great! Paul Bee is a really really really good song!:D very nice melodies

givinmechills
05-30-2003, 02:16 AM
i gotta say, i have never heard of you guys before, but i likes it. i can't stop listening to the tide. good stuff.

perfectbrokenmirror
05-30-2003, 10:06 AM
THE CHANNEL IS SUPER DUPER GREAT!!:D

c.s.

haennric
05-31-2003, 05:22 AM
yep! and we're anxious for the "sea city" cd and the "personalized" ep...

I was just lazin' here in my back garden, listening to the "salt city" cd, snacking some sweet grapes and reading "the stories of the classical antiquity". Very decadent! (but now that the semester has ended here in Sweden and it's such beautiful weather I feel I can afford it...)

floating norman
06-04-2003, 12:00 PM
For any interested, we now have our official CD's in hand for the lp "tones are falling". we've waited quite a long period to get them, and i must say we're very pleased with the way the artwork, etc. came out. any sold before were our homeade versions which were lacking a bit in the professionalism aspect of the manufacturing. so if anyone's interested, the re-mixed, re-mastered versions are now available for $11 postage paid, or $9 if you already bought the homeade version. there is also some extra rain footage added after "the tide" along with some other sounds. thanks for all the very nice comments! www.thechannelsounds.com is where you can order them. channelfan can probably give a better explanation of all this as i tend to ramble.
love,
brent

channelfan
06-20-2003, 01:51 PM
you can order the brand new cd from www.c-siderecords.com or www.thechannelsounds.com
or simply email
info@c-siderecords.com

as i did with the band's first homemade release, i can offer all e6 town hall users a $1 discount, thats $10 postage paid.

on a personal note:
many will call me biased (and of course i am to an extent) since i am friends with the band and run the label they are on. but what i'd like people to know is that these are honest, nice people, making nice music. these are people making music for their friends. the reason i started the label was simply to put forth the effort to allow others to hear the music. the band was content to just keep making music for the fun of it, but because i think it's such great stuff i want others to hear it, in hopes that it may bring them the joy it brings to me. while the band is certainly influenced by our beloved e6 family, they are in no means an imitation of one or more of the bands, but rather started with internal skill and musicianship and at the same time incorporate a vast number of influences into their style.
i know not everyone will like it, but i really hope you guys give it a shot, listen to the mp3's a couple times and let me know what you think. sorry to ramble on with this but i'm just trying to be honest. thanks to everyone who has listened already and please support the band by purchasing the album if you like it. thanks.