PDA

View Full Version : powerfpuff s girls

Freakboy
05-27-2003, 03:30 PM
wtf? apples in stereo and dressy bessy are both doing music for them?
what's happened to underground :(

dolemites_sister
05-28-2003, 03:29 AM
Hey its all cool! The ppg soundtrack is awesome... It has the likes of Frank Black, Devo, Shonen Knife, and of couse Apples in Stereo and Dressy Bessy!

I love the soundtrack and I keep it in the CD rotation pretty much nonstop!

channelfan
05-28-2003, 07:37 AM
don't forget the bill doss song. the soundtrack is a pretty good listen overall.
the guys behind the powerpuff girls just happen to like cool music. the apples were featured in an episode for cryin' out loud!
underground shmunderground.

William
05-28-2003, 10:47 AM
I doubt very many people besides fans of the bands on the soundtrack will buy it...I doubt even they will just for the possibility it may have the Powerpuff s on the Cover..

I just downloaded the first song randomly off of ''The Powerpuff s: The City of Soundsville'' album called ''Main Title''...I don't like it...Is it the same Soundtrack..or is this different? Its the Powerpuff s singing behind overly-joyful electronica..
:(

[Edited on 5-28-2003 by William]

channelfan
05-28-2003, 11:15 AM
that is a different one. the one with ais, etc. is 'heroes and villians'. here's what amazon says about it:
Editorial Reviews
Amazon.com
Bubbles, Blossom, and Buttercup sure know how to pick 'em. Their Heroes & Villains might be the coolest soundtrack of the summer of 2000, as well as the best repellant for Townsville's evil monkey, Mojo Jojo. Inspired by the Cartoon Network's The Powerpuff Girls series, this delicious disc delivers a handful of exceptional contemporary pop-rock tunes customized especially for the occasion. And the music's so good that it may supersede the cartoon itself. Produced by Devo's Mark Mothersbaugh and Bob Casale, with fave groups picked by Powerpuff Girls creator Craig McCracken, Heroes & Villains has nary a clunker in its bunch. Disc highlights include the Beatles-like "Walk and Chew Gum" (Optiganally Yours), Komeda's killer "B.L.O.S.S.O.M.," Apples in Stereo's hook-infested "Signal in the Sky (Let's Go," Shonen Knife's hard-edged "Buttercup (I'm A Super Girl)," and a fun story thread that runs between songs. Of course there's Devo's own simian cheer lead, "Go Monkey Go," clearly another de-evolutionary breakdown at the hands of the mindless monkey Mojo. Play it again and again at maximum power.

it's sales rank is 14,306, better than every apples album except discovery of a world....

what's with all this powerpuff bashing?? i mean, i haven't seen many episodes, but i know people like it and i thought it was quite clever. members of ais and db are both big fans and i think it's great that they contributed to the soundtrack.

friend
05-28-2003, 01:12 PM
i like the show and the soundtrack.

JuneSalutesYou
05-28-2003, 03:10 PM
I doubt that even 10% of the people that watch power puff girls know about this "underground" music. By the way RadioHead isn't very underground either :D

bedbug
05-28-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by William
I doubt very many people besides fans of the bands on the soundtrack will buy it..
[Edited on 5-28-2003 by William]
My 8 year old sister has it. It's the only CD we agree on.

Originally posted by JuneSalutesYou
By the way RadioHead isn't very underground either :D

Exactly. Is a band's undergroundness a criteria for how good they are? Playing "stump the DJ" is missing the point big time.

dolemites_sister
05-29-2003, 03:24 AM
Yep.. I love that album... And hey, who really gives a rat's patoot if its underground or not?

If I like it, then I like it!

Personally, I LOVE IT! The Optigonally Yours song is one of my faves on there as well....

jenny

Freakboy
05-29-2003, 01:28 PM
oh im not bashing the powerpuff girls are cool :P i thought they were just all of a sudden writing songs about them for no reason thats kinda chees but if they did it for the movie or soundtrack or w.e thats pretty cool. my bad,.

(and btw i didnt say radiohead is underground. coldplay isnt and they are all gs)

el topo
05-29-2003, 07:40 PM
Just FYI, the Powerpuff Girls album was actually quite the bestseller when it first came out. I don't have any numbers on it or anything, but I was always hoping that would pursuade them to do a follow-up (a proper one, with bands on it!)

pepe
05-30-2003, 11:37 AM
I adore the powerpuff girls album and show. and lets not forget about Optiginally Yours.

dolemites_sister
05-31-2003, 05:22 AM
Lets never forget about them! I love that song on their, and I like their music. We recently acquired one of their CD's, and its really neat stuff....

Its funny though, because I have no A/C in my car, so I have to ride with the windows down and of course my cd player is up really loud. I was listening to them, and this mullet wearing guy was in a car beside me at the red light with his window down, and he gave me the strangest look. I just started laughing, and turned it up a little louder.

j

full bloom
11-05-2010, 01:59 PM
I wanna see this

Infamous - times 3!
11-05-2010, 02:01 PM
mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooojo jojo!

http://www.causticsodapodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Mojo_Jojo.jpg

Christina_isn't_creative
11-05-2010, 02:16 PM
lmao at the op
WHAT HAPPENED TO UNDERGROUND

Mimi_Merlot
11-10-2010, 09:03 AM
I doubt very many people besides fans of the bands on the soundtrack will buy it...I doubt even they will just for the possibility it may have the Powerpuff s on the Cover..

oh william, you couldn't have been more wrong. i bought this album when i was about 9 or 10 having no clue who any of the bands were really and i absolutely loved it. then i re-discovered it a few years ago and i still love it.