PDA

View Full Version : I just heard The Sunshine Fix in some random movie...

soniclovenoize
06-28-2010, 12:03 PM
Yeah, I know, should probably post this in the Sunshine Fix forum, but who even goes there?

I was taking a piss when I heard "Age of The Sun" on TV and was like "What the...?" Some crappy Nicole Kidman movie that was just on (that I wasn't watching) called "Birthday Girl" or something. A character was apparently listening to "Age of The Sun" on the radio, while driving in his car.

Bill, I hope you got paid!

quixoticgoat
06-30-2010, 06:37 AM
Thats where she's a mail order bride right? That movie was stupid. And what a weird movie to be playing Sunshine Fix....

soniclovenoize
06-30-2010, 07:58 AM
Yeah, something like that... that's what the dsecription said anyways. I didn't watch it, but I thought the same thing. How random was that?

seamantis
06-30-2010, 12:33 PM
To be fair the sunshine fix could work well in the mainstream and in mainstream movies. But how they found it I do not know!

soniclovenoize
06-30-2010, 04:18 PM
Maybe the intern of the sound-design guy has a cousin from Athens?

jaimi
06-30-2010, 09:50 PM
oh man, that's kind of like when I was at my old crappy job and heard Beulah on that Target commercial a few years back. It's kinda nice when stuff you like pops up in random places.

Mimi_Merlot
06-30-2010, 11:32 PM
i heard i'm from barcelona in sears once. so weird. also a cover of between the bars i think?

Abel
07-01-2010, 09:15 PM
It's kinda nice when stuff you like pops up in random places.Yeah, I feel the same way. It doesn't bother me to hear a song I like on a commercial or on some show, especially if it's something E6 related. It brings me a certain amount of enthrallment to know that great music is being recognized at least somehow by mainstream entertainment.

Hugsy
07-01-2010, 09:22 PM
Yeah, I feel the same way. It doesn't bother me to hear a song I like on a commercial or on some show, especially if it's something E6 related. It brings me a certain amount of enthrallment to know that great music is being recognized at least somehow by mainstream entertainment.

I got that feeling today! I walked into a WaWa dreadfully tired trying to get a pick me up, when I hear Gorillaz 19/2000 Soulchild Remix being played. Fuck coffee, that shit woke me up in no time.

Abel
07-01-2010, 09:45 PM
You have Wawa up in New York? I thought they pretty much never made it north of Central Jersey.

jaimi
07-01-2010, 09:50 PM
My friend reminded me the other day that it's a bit disturbing when you hear too many songs you like in establishments such as department stores, supermarkets etc. "Maybe you are growing old and lame." Once I heard "Tell her no" by the Zombies, "Let's dance" by David Bowie, and "Down under" by Men at Work (I'm obsessed with Australia, ok?) in a row at the local Hannaford supermarket and it was like 7 minutes in a heaven of mediocre parameters in the beer and soda aisle. Radical independent music snob youth principles and youth culture ideals aside, I guess she was implying that we either should be worried for our minds and ears deceiving us in some Brave New World fashion or staging a revolution and taking over piped music the world over.

Abel
07-01-2010, 11:38 PM
So you think the music is being used maliciously somehow, "it's a trap," and we're just bending over and taking it up the ass?

jaimi
07-02-2010, 02:02 AM
I think she was suggesting that I like Men at Work too much, though she is of the conspiracy theory sort at times.

soniclovenoize
07-02-2010, 05:05 AM
My friend reminded me the other day that it's a bit disturbing when you hear too many songs you like in establishments such as department stores, supermarkets etc. "Maybe you are growing old and lame." Once I heard "Tell her no" by the Zombies, "Let's dance" by David Bowie, and "Down under" by Men at Work (I'm obsessed with Australia, ok?) in a row at the local Hannaford supermarket and it was like 7 minutes in a heaven of mediocre parameters in the beer and soda aisle. Radical independent music snob youth principles and youth culture ideals aside, I guess she was implying that we either should be worried for our minds and ears deceiving us in some Brave New World fashion or staging a revolution and taking over piped music the world over.

Um, all those songs are now MOR/Auduly Contemporary by now. :p