PDA

View Full Version : Some acoustic demos of new songs I wrote

soniclovenoize
03-09-2010, 09:20 AM
EDIT!!!!!

You know, I can honestly take harsh criticism of my music. You mean, you have to have a thick skin to even do this, right? I kinda don't care if people hate it or not; as I said in the other post, I partially do it just as a "fuck you" to the people who say I can't or shouldn't.

Now I know that LAME AS FUK is a troll and ufoinblablabla has been a prick to me for no reason in the past, so I kinda expected all this, and it's no big deal. But what bothers me is I thought THIS was the board with people who would get it, would understand what I'm trying to do--a congregation of like-minded people? At least it was like that when I first started posting 2004-2006. I leave for 3 years and come back a few months ago, and everything's changed...

My observation is this place has become really clicky. If your instinct is to say "what is he talking about?" then you're probably in that click. Whatever, that's cool. But know it's just kinda sad because the idea is to promote a sence of community, right? I have some idea why, but I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I'm honestly not about that. There's also some very talented artists here as well who do not deserve to be grouped in with this click or my analysis of it. So there you go

So anyways, my "shitty demos" are withdrawn. Maybe this was not the venue to share them in the first place. So I'll take leave of this messageboard, you won't be hearing from me much anymore. One less outcast of the outcast. No big deal.

Adios.

jedE3
03-09-2010, 10:00 AM
Cool! I'll listen to these when I get home. I wish I'd brought headphones to school today.

soniclovenoize
03-09-2010, 10:10 AM
Ha! Not much to absorb... Just acoustic and two vocal tracks! ;) Thanks though!

Dihnekis
03-09-2010, 02:26 PM
Might I suggest www.soundcloud.com for easily posting good quality streaming version of your songs. I don't mind downloading and then playing, but it would be easier for people to listen. I'll post back with my thoughts when I listen.

soniclovenoize
03-09-2010, 02:42 PM
Well, no, these aren't the final product. These are just some demos I did. If I post them on a website, I'd want the final finished full-band version, you know?

Dihnekis
03-09-2010, 07:11 PM
well its pretty cool because it takes about as long as sendspace, you can make it completely private, and it gives you a nice waveform of the song. I put demos i don't want 2-3 people hearing on there. Sendspace works though, so no big deal. I listened to supernovicaine and I liked it, your vocals sound nice and the doubling works well.

soniclovenoize
03-09-2010, 07:41 PM
Thanks! :)

soniclovenoize
03-12-2010, 04:59 AM
Ha! :D Well, I guess I wasn't clear in the thread title, but I guess any questions, comments or criticisms are welcome! I really feel like these are some of the best songs I've written... :p

ufoinkushiro
03-13-2010, 03:59 PM
pffffft hahahahha

lenn9o9n
03-13-2010, 05:56 PM
But what bothers me is I thought THIS was the board with people who would get it, would understand what I'm trying to do--a congregation of like-minded people?

i thought it was too. i'm sorry people are fucking assholes.

post it on cllct and send me a pm if anything, i'm sorry i missed this thread.

okinomiyaki-sensei
03-13-2010, 06:28 PM
You really shouldn't let people scare you away.

Bananas
03-13-2010, 09:31 PM
EDIT!!!!!

You know, I can honestly take harsh criticism of my music. You mean, you have to have a thick skin to even do this, right? I kinda don't care if people hate it or not; as I said in the other post, I partially do it just as a "fuck you" to the people who say I can't or shouldn't.

Now I know that LAME AS FUK is a troll and ufoinblablabla has been a prick to me for no reason in the past, so I kinda expected all this, and it's no big deal. But what bothers me is I thought THIS was the board with people who would get it, would understand what I'm trying to do--a congregation of like-minded people? At least it was like that when I first started posting 2004-2006. I leave for 3 years and come back a few months ago, and everything's changed...

My observation is this place has become really clicky. If your instinct is to say "what is he talking about?" then you're probably in that click. Whatever, that's cool. But know it's just kinda sad because the idea is to promote a sence of community, right? I have some idea why, but I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I'm honestly not about that. There's also some very talented artists here as well who do not deserve to be grouped in with this click or my analysis of it. So there you go

So anyways, my "shitty demos" are withdrawn. Maybe this was not the venue to share them in the first place. So I'll take leave of this messageboard, you won't be hearing from me much anymore. One less outcast of the outcast. No big deal.

Adios.

Come on bro, it's just a troll, they do this to get the exact reaction you just gave off.

Akryllic Love
03-13-2010, 10:43 PM
Akryllic Love does not h8

fright_eyes
03-14-2010, 03:56 AM
EDIT!!!!!

Adios.

If you have confidence in your music, the opinions of a few people here shouldn't discourage you. Don't leave Townhall over something so trivial as this.

Ldopa
03-14-2010, 08:03 PM
i talked to soniclovenoise over pms and hes coming back

pitaburd
03-14-2010, 08:55 PM
i talked to soniclovenoise over pms and hes coming back

YAAYY!!

I liked his inputs into various discussions and such. And sonic, i am very glad u are coming back.

Abel
03-15-2010, 06:14 AM
I notice the clique thing too. However, I feel like I'm in the same clique as you, sonic. Stay alive, brotha.

Also I've just been working way too much to even post. I'd love to hear your acoustic demos, especially since you hold them in such high regard above your other material.

soniclovenoize
03-15-2010, 08:03 PM
Thanks folks for your kind words. :) Looks like I'm still here; besides, I can't leave--I'm already 90% done with the Akryllic Love song and 10% with the E6 Fanfare song! :eek:

I didn't mean to appear as a whiney flake, as I'm sure I did! But I just want to be clear: I took those demos down NOT out of fear, but because I didn't want to fan the flame-war Ldopa and I were having and thus spread the negativity. But since Ldopa and I kissed and made up (it was hot... we took pictures... he caressed me oh so gently) and you guys requested them, here they are again...

"Supernovacaine" http://www.sendspace.com/file/dhov6d
"An Intrepid Escape from Marrakesh via Hot-Air Balloon" http://www.sendspace.com/file/ucwu4m
"Armageddon Towne--Population: 2" http://www.sendspace.com/file/rc3n51

As I mentioned before, they're simply acoustic demos for copyright purposes and to give to the rest of the band to learn the song. They are purposely stripped down so we can brainstorm of how to build them back up. Hopefully this summer we'll be recording the next record, and these three (as well as 11 or so other new songs I've written recently) will be in "full band form" on the album. I believe they're the best songs I've written having more interesting chord progressions and lyricly reaching where I want to go.

So there you go! Enjoy (or not, whatever) and feel free to make fun of my singing! ;)

Ldopa
03-15-2010, 08:15 PM
these are fresh but its hard to tell if they are the best song youve written because they are not fleshed out yet. i cant hear your realized vision for them. i like the song oh me oh my better

soniclovenoize
03-15-2010, 08:23 PM
Thanks! I know what you mean, though. I guess my idea is to just strip a song down to the bare essentials--a single guitar and vocal--and see if the song is still there, you know? Take Nirvana for instance. Strip it all down, and you had just a well written song. So I mean, these songs, I don't see the structure, lyrics or melody changing, but just the arrangement and instrumentation...

blabity bla bla.

Abel
03-15-2010, 08:32 PM
and feel free to make fun of my singing! ;)My buddy hates your voice.

soniclovenoize
03-15-2010, 08:40 PM
Ha! So do I! :D But it's my voice--I can only sing like me!

fright_eyes
03-16-2010, 03:31 AM
Ha! So do I! :D But it's my voice--I can only sing like me!

Obligatory Bright Eyes lyric: "I could've been a famous singer if I had someone else's voice, but failures always sounded better. Let's fuck it up, boys, make some noise!"

Abel
03-16-2010, 07:44 AM
So you think my singing's out of time,
Well it makes me money,
And I don't know why,
And I don't know why, anymore - oh no.

Some people believe comic singing is whack
I may get on your nerves and my voice may be cracked
But nevertheless you can't alter the fact
That things are worse in Russia.