PDA

View Full Version : Townhall Mafa II (Game Thread!)

Pages : [1] 2 3

IAmAnEngine
01-21-2010, 07:21 PM
Hello, and welcome to the second game of Townhall Mafia.

In the small town of Sydney, Texas all of the residents sleep well in their beds, as they should. But soon a series of deaths has brought the population to a mere 9 residents, and a humble mod. The town won't stand for it! But it's much too late to do anything about it now, maybe the problem will resolve itself, they think. but this is only the beginning.

Night 1 Begins!

The players!
Abel (http://www.e6townhall.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=3301&searchthreadid=16468)
Player 1 (http://www.e6townhall.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=5648&searchthreadid=16468)
Gotham (http://www.e6townhall.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=3526&searchthreadid=16468)
I Rule The School (http://www.e6townhall.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=4991&searchthreadid=16468)
King Bob (http://www.e6townhall.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=6286&searchthreadid=16468)
EarthlyCitizen (http://www.e6townhall.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=6025&searchthreadid=16468)
one-headedboy (http://www.e6townhall.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=4790&searchthreadid=16468)

Players dead
jdrawmeasheep - Lynched - Townie
fright_eyes (http://www.e6townhall.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=5179&searchthreadid= 16468) - Saw & Cyanide - Townie

These are the possible scenarios:
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Townies.
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies.
2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies.
2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, 6 Townies.

Talk amongst yourselves in this thread only and try to deduce who could be a part of the mafia. When you have a suspicion, please cast your vote (ASAP) in this format (bold, uppercase) so that it will be easy for me to find and count the votes:

##LYNCH (USERNAME)

You also have the option of casting a vote not to lynch, which should look like this:

##NOLYNCH

But keep in mind that the mafia will continue to pick off victims, so a nolynch has its disadvantages. You can change your vote at any time. When a majority has been reached to lynch a specific player or to nolynch, that person will be killed, their true affiliation will be revealed, and the next Night Phase will begin.

A Few Rules & Guidelines (THE FAQ)

* Procedures:
o Night Phase:
+ Begins with the lynching of a player, voted by the town in previous Day phase
+ Along with the lynching is a revelation of that player's true affiliation
+ Nobody is allowed to post in the thread
+ Mafia will PM me a murder target
+ Any special roles will PM me according to their abilities
+ Night ends when all PMs are received
o Day Phase:
+ Begins with the discovery of the mafia murder from previous Night Phase
+ Along with the obituary is a reveleation of that player's true affiliation
+ Everybody is allowed to post in the thread
+ Everybody attempts to figure out who may be a mafioso
+ Players cast votes (LYNCH or NOLYNCH)
+ Day ends when a majority of votes is reached for a lynch
o Dusk Phase:
+ Begins precisely when a majority of votes is reached for a lynch
+ Ends when I post the lynch scene and declare Night
o Time Constraints:
+ There is a 5 day limit on the Day Phase. If no majority is reached, it will end prematurely with a NOLYNCH.
+ There is a 2 day limit on the Night Phase. If I receive no PM from the Mafia, the Night will conclude with a NOKILL.

* Objective:
o The objective for the Mafia is to kill all townies.
o The objective for the Townies is to kill all mafia.

* Voting:
o During the Day, players cast lynch votes by typing ##LYNCH (USERNAME)
o Players can also cast votes to not lynch anyone by typing ##NOLYNCH
o Votes can be withdrawn by typing ##WITHDRAW
o Votes can be changed by simply voting again
o Players may only withdraw or change their votes before a majority is reached; once a majority is reached, it is set in stone

* Endgame:
o The game ends when either all mafia are dead, or all townies are dead.
o There may be a certain point in the game when mafia equal or outnumber the townies, at which point I believe it will be impossible for townies to win. I may declare this a mafia victory or let it play out based on what the players want to do.

* Rules:
o You may not talk about the game anywhere besides this thread
o You may not PM anyone about the game unless stated otherwise in your role
o You may not edit or delete your posts at any point
o You may not quote any PMs (especially from me) or any evidence from outside the thread

I Rule The School
01-22-2010, 06:30 AM
After seeing Abel's post in the general mafia thread, I'm kind of confused... Should we townies start pointing fingers? Mmmmmm... not sure if I'm supposed to be asleep or what. Gonna wait it out until America wakes up and tells me what to do. :confused:

Abel
01-22-2010, 08:02 AM
##LYNCH I RULE THE SCHOOL

You sound so suspicious! "We townies"? MAFIAMAFIAMAFIAMAFIA.

aideeee
01-22-2010, 08:08 AM
zzzzz

Abel
01-22-2010, 08:13 AM
After seeing Abel's post in the general mafia thread, I'm kind of confused... Should we townies start pointing fingers? Mmmmmm... not sure if I'm supposed to be asleep or what. Gonna wait it out until America wakes up and tells me what to do. :confused:But yeah, for the game setup to work correctly, we need to start in the day phase, otherwise the mafia has too much of an advantage.

IAAE, can you edit your first post and put in the four possible game scenarios? Those might come in handy. Also maybe a list of what the roles are since most people probably don't know what a Prostitute/Roleblocker is.

But right now, townies should be randomvoting and trying to draw reactions/answers out of people to provide us with some text to work with.

Already, aideeee is trying to play the "active lurker," by responding to the thread without really saying too much. Seems like a mafia tactic to me. Though he/she could just be sleeping, I don't know.

aideeee
01-22-2010, 08:39 AM
But yeah, for the game setup to work correctly, we need to start in the day phase, otherwise the mafia has too much of an advantage.

IAAE, can you edit your first post and put in the four possible game scenarios? Those might come in handy. Also maybe a list of what the roles are since most people probably don't know what a Prostitute/Roleblocker is.

But right now, townies should be randomvoting and trying to draw reactions/answers out of people to provide us with some text to work with.

Already, aideeee is trying to play the "active lurker," by responding to the thread without really saying too much. Seems like a mafia tactic to me. Though he/she could just be sleeping, I don't know.

that being said, i think abel is a townie because why wouldnt he take the oppertunity to start killing townies

I Rule The School
01-22-2010, 08:59 AM

As long as I'm not the hooker... :rolleyes: And yeah, we all need to know what it is that Prostitute does apart from turning cheap tricks...

I Rule The School
01-22-2010, 09:01 AM
that being said, i think abel is a townie because why wouldnt he take the oppertunity to start killing townies

Because he's the one who screwed that up and it'd be unethical for him to take advantage of this. He's a nice, decent guy, y'know? Either that or he's afraid that it could get him lynched for real.

Abel
01-22-2010, 09:34 AM
The prostitute/roleblocker role, if there is one (there's a chance there isn't) has the ability to select a player at night to block his or her night functions. If the prostitute picks the cop, the cop will not be able to correctly investigate the person that was picked, and if the prostitute picks the doctor, the doctor will not be able to prevent a kill on the person that was picked. It's up to IAAE whether or not he wants to inform the cop/doctor that their role was blocked, or whether blocking the cop's investigation just means that his target will show up as Town even if it's truly Mafia. If it were me, I'd probably do the latter just so that we don't know for sure if there's a prostitute as soon as they figure out who the cop is. Although it does mean we'd definitely know there's a Prostitute if a Doctor tried to block a kill and the person was killed anyway.

I Rule The School
01-22-2010, 09:43 AM
The Prostitute is a fancy name for Roleblocker. I get it now...
That would be a very valuable asset to the mafia if there's one... Let's just see who's able to walk in high heels.

jdrawmeasheep
01-22-2010, 10:06 AM
THIS IS HORSE SHIT!!!!!!!!!!

i wanted in on this game sooo bad.

:mad:

Abel
01-22-2010, 10:59 AM
You can be on the waiting list. I'm sure at some point someone is going to prove to be too inactive to play the game.

Player 1
01-22-2010, 12:49 PM
The prostitute/roleblocker role, if there is one (there's a chance there isn't) has the ability to select a player at night to block his or her night functions. If the prostitute picks the cop, the cop will not be able to correctly investigate the person that was picked, and if the prostitute picks the doctor, the doctor will not be able to prevent a kill on the person that was picked. It's up to IAAE whether or not he wants to inform the cop/doctor that their role was blocked, or whether blocking the cop's investigation just means that his target will show up as Town even if it's truly Mafia. If it were me, I'd probably do the latter just so that we don't know for sure if there's a prostitute as soon as they figure out who the cop is. Although it does mean we'd definitely know there's a Prostitute if a Doctor tried to block a kill and the person was killed anyway.

The first alternative sounds more...realistic? though. If cop can't get out because he's busy with the prostitute, he's not going to get a report that says someone is innocent, he would just get no report at all.

And what about from the whore's end of things? When she(or he, sorry, there could be man whores) blocks a role, is she told that she did so? Like does she have any way of knowing whether she just slept with a random townie, or if she did really prevent a doctor/cop from acting?

I Rule The School
01-22-2010, 12:56 PM
##LYNCH PLAYER 1 - he's being nosy. I don't like it. ;)

fright_eyes
01-22-2010, 01:02 PM
Is it day or night? I'm confused.

I Rule The School
01-22-2010, 01:12 PM
Daytime!!

one-headedboy
01-22-2010, 01:39 PM

##LYNCH ABEL

for (a)being a show off and (b)editing his post.

you're not the mod this time babe! quote and add more.

We're still in the random voting stage, right?

Abel
01-22-2010, 01:40 PM
Tough habit to break, I edit my posts all the time without thinking about it.

aideeee
01-22-2010, 02:06 PM
is the prostitute mafia then?

I Rule The School
01-22-2010, 02:28 PM

Obviously. Why neutralize the doctor or the cop otherwise?

FYI, 3 people haven't chimed in so far : King Bob, Gotham and Drums&fire. Suspicious behavior? Or just avoiding the limelight as the previous game showed that the only way to survive was to shut up, basically...

Player 1
01-22-2010, 02:39 PM
I think I liked it better when the game opened with a kill. It gave us something to go off of at the start. We started trying to figure out who would have killed Woodly for no reason, granted we ended up lynching Morpheus just for being an idiot. But still, it seemed to flow better. Right now I really have no idea whatsoever. And we have nothing to go off of really.

Not in this game obviously, but in a later game, suppose we were to have the same exact setup, except with one extra townie, and it starts in a night. It would work out the same right?

Player 1
01-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Obviously. Why neutralize the doctor or the cop otherwise?

FYI, 3 people haven't chimed in so far : King Bob, Gotham and Drums&fire. Suspicious behavior? Or just avoiding the limelight as the previous game showed that the only way to survive was to shut up, basically...

As IRTS pointed out with "Obviously" aideeee asked a silly question...

Is she intentionally playing dumb because she in fact is the prostitute herself and is pretending to know nothing about it?

aideeee
01-22-2010, 02:46 PM
well i thought she/he could block a mafia from killing at night, idk i never played this game give me a break

I Rule The School
01-22-2010, 02:48 PM
As IRTS pointed out with "Obviously" aideeee asked a silly question...

Is she intentionally playing dumb because she in fact is the prostitute herself and is pretending to know nothing about it?

Yep... that's what I was thinking too... What the hell : let's get this thing going!!!! *chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarge*

##LYNCH AIDEEEE

aideeee
01-22-2010, 02:51 PM
you guys are gona get nowhere real fast.

Player 1
01-22-2010, 02:55 PM
Yep... that's what I was thinking too... What the hell : let's get this thing going!!!! *chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarge*

##LYNCH AIDEEEE

A tad eager to kill... hmm.

I Rule The School
01-22-2010, 03:04 PM
There's a reason why it's called the random voting stage, right? I'd like to call it the "prod & drop" stage. :D
Anyway, how are we supposed to figure anything out when nothing's been done yet? There's only two ways to go about this : target the people who say nothing (I gave you the list earlier on), or target the people who say things but seem suspicious. I know I already have one vote against me, and there's one against Aideeee and one against Abel... So I guess we're all pretty safe because according to my calculations (waiting for the mod to mod), we're still 3 votes away from a lynching.

If you haven't followed the first game, Aideeee, we can change our minds whenever we want, as long as a majority hasn't been reached. So my vote to lynch you is bound to change as someone else becomes more suspicious.

Anyway, time for me to hit the sack, don't kill me just yet.

aideeee
01-22-2010, 03:32 PM
There's a reason why it's called the random voting stage, right?

sounds like a mafia tactic to just randomly vote to lynch... i wouldnt want to be wrongly accusing someone...

fright_eyes
01-22-2010, 05:23 PM
We really have nothing to go on at this point, do we?

Player 1
01-22-2010, 06:19 PM
We really have nothing to go on at this point, do we?

Nothing except whatever we are saying right now. Or not saying.

one-headedboy
01-22-2010, 07:05 PM
where art the others?

suspicious.

King Bob
01-22-2010, 07:24 PM
I'm here!

one-headedboy
01-22-2010, 07:26 PM
I'm here!

A little to excited to be here? Perhaps you're excited to kill...AGAIN! :p

Gotham
01-22-2010, 08:12 PM
I have arrived!

Morpheus
01-22-2010, 10:52 PM
i hpe i can be on the waiting list
and who won the first game

drumsandfire
01-22-2010, 10:56 PM
i hpe i can be on the waiting list
and who won the first game

I won the last game.

And I apologize for my absence today, I was in the city all day visiting a school and a friend. Dr. Umsandfire reporting for duty!

Morpheus
01-22-2010, 11:04 PM
mafia won cool
u played well

Player 1
01-22-2010, 11:10 PM
I won the last game.

And I apologize for my absence today, I was in the city all day visiting a school and a friend. Dr. Umsandfire reporting for duty!

I'm hesitant to believe your stories after last time...
Here you are again, so thoroughly defending yourself. Perhaps overdoing it a bit.

Abel
01-22-2010, 11:45 PM
Player 1, I think an advantage of starting in the Day phase is that everyone who signs up gets to play - I overlooked this last time because in experienced games, they start with a Night kill, but we are all newbs to the game and should all get to play if we sign up in order to accrue experience. So I think we should start in the Day phase until we have a larger game.

About the prostitute learning about whether she blocked a doctor or cop, I'm not sure. That's something that depends on what the moderator wants to do. I don't see it as necessary to tell her if it was a cop or doctor (in fact, if prostitute could learn of roles like that, he/she would essentially be a cop with the ability to roleblock, which seems too powerful. So yeah, maybe keep it a secret from the prostitute.

Now for the game:

Here are my notes so far of things that people have done said that could probably be used as evidence if trends continue:

IRTS - "We can't figure anything out"
P1 - Prefers N1 kill, "Can't figure anything out"
OHB - "Quote and add more"
aideeee - "Random voting is scummy"
fright_eyes - "Nothing to go on"
DrUms - Absent
Gotham - Absent
King Bob - Absent

So some questions:

I Rule The School, Player 1, and fright_eyes: What sort of behavior could you possibly determine as "scummy" (mafia-esque) that would convince you enough to make you vote at this stage? Also, if you feel there's nothing to go on, create some stuff to go on! Ask hypothetical questions!

one-headedboy: Do you consider talk about the game in-thread to be scummy? To an extent, I feel the same way; people can talk a lot about the mechanics to make it seem like they are participating, and then you realize that they haven't done any actual scum-hunting. Scum will try to appear active without actually adding anything to the hunt (a.k.a. "active lurking"), or try to muddle the hunt.

aideeee: Do you personally feel that votes shouldn't be cast until one has really solid proof on another? Are you the type who would prefer to nolynch instead of lynching someone you're only half-certain about?

Dr. Ums, Gotham, and King Bob: I'm not implying anything about why you didn't respond immediately since it's the first day of the first day, but answer me this: Do you find inactivity/lurking to be scummy behavior, and why/why not?

drumsandfire
01-23-2010, 01:32 AM
Some inactivity during the daytime hours is completely acceptable and expected. Some of us (minus myself, typically) like to go outside every now and then. Today was one of those rare exceptions for me. Also, my classes have started up again. They are all between the hours of 4 PM and 10 PM (GMT -6), Monday-Thursday. Basically, don't expect me to be active during those hours on those days. And please, kindly allow for a buffer period of one hour on each end. Because I commute to school.

There's my alibi. Yes, I'm thoroughly defending myself. Feel free to be suspicious. I'm suspicious of you.

In regards to continuous inactivity/lurking, yes, this is a very scummy behavior. People who exemplify this must be excluded from this game. I don't think it's unfair to expect no less than two posts per player per calendar day.

aideeee
01-23-2010, 09:13 AM
aideeee: Do you personally feel that votes shouldn't be cast until one has really solid proof on another? Are you the type who would prefer to nolynch instead of lynching someone you're only half-certain about?

Yes, I don't think we should all lynch someone just to get the game moving, because we'll probably end up lynching a townie.
If I feel someone isnt mafia, then i will probably nolynch unless i suspect someone.
Now I'm not certain of anyone but i have the slightest hunch that one headed boy, and I Rule The School might be mafia... although they both could be completely innocent.

IAmAnEngine
01-23-2010, 09:14 AM
Vote count

Abel 1
aideeee 1
I Rule The School 1

one-headedboy
01-23-2010, 09:32 AM
one-headedboy: Do you consider talk about the game in-thread to be scummy? To an extent, I feel the same way; people can talk a lot about the mechanics to make it seem like they are participating, and then you realize that they haven't done any actual scum-hunting. Scum will try to appear active without actually adding anything to the hunt (a.k.a. "active lurking"), or try to muddle the hunt.

I do see it, to some extent, as muddling the game. Especially because you have already played this before (or are playing it) on the mafia forum site thingy. The way I see it, if you keep talking about this and that and all the mechanics in between, you're setting yourself up for a defense. Who's gonna lynch knowledgeable guy, you know? After all, knowledge is power. You can keep talking about the mechanics and going in circles and you really may have gone no where. Although, for now

##UNLYNCH ABEL

I think I liked it better when the game opened with a kill. It gave us something to go off of at the start. We started trying to figure out who would have killed Woodly for no reason, granted we ended up lynching Morpheus just for being an idiot. But still, it seemed to flow better. Right now I really have no idea whatsoever. And we have nothing to go off of really.

Really, Player 1?

If you want it to flow better, start accusing people, right? They'll come in to defend themselves. It's all about conversation right now. If they don't come to defend themselves, well then, I find that to be highly suspicious behavior.

People I find suspicious right now: King Bob, Gotham, & fright_eyes.

They've all posted but said nothing of interest. Seems scummy to me saying "I'm here" and then not speaking up again.

IAmAnEngine
01-23-2010, 09:35 AM
Vote count

aideeee 1
I Rule The School 1

I Rule The School
01-23-2010, 09:44 AM
Aideeee seems to only target the people who have been trying to get the ball rolling... I find it pretty suspicious myself.
But right now I have to agree with 1HB. All these people coming in to say hi but not saying anything else sound like they're trying to avoid a slipup. King Bob, Fright Eyes and Gotham are pretty high on my list.
I'm also kind of thinking drums is a townie, just because the mod wouldn't have made him mafia twice. Of course it doesn't have anything to do with that he said.

one-headedboy
01-23-2010, 09:47 AM
I'm also kind of thinking drums is a townie, just because the mod wouldn't have made him mafia twice. Of course it doesn't have anything to do with that he said.

Different mod this time though. Also Abel suggest he do it randomly with numbers pulled out of a hat. We can't just assume he's innocent because last time he wasn't.
I trust you Christine, but someone might end up viewing this as you protecting him and possibly consider you both mafia.

I Rule The School
01-23-2010, 10:03 AM
Well, I'm just putting that out there. There simply isn't that many chances to be mafia twice in a row. It's a question of mathematics. I know I'm not really doing myself a favor saying that, because logically there's no little chance I am a valuable townie this time around either. Either you guys decide to lynch me and in a way it's ok to take one for
the team or I get to live longer because the mafia knows there's little chance that I'm a valuable asset this time.

Abel
01-23-2010, 10:31 AM
aideeee: I think people who save their vote for certain proof are just too cautious. No evidence will ever be certain. I think this game, like chess, demands a good amount of aggression and initiative so that we can set the pace of the game instead of the mafia. I think I find the nolynch attitude, in general, a little scummy, just because it's an easier option (for mafia) than trying to misdirect votes and start bandwagons on innocents. I'm not going to vote for you right now, but I'm going to FoS: aideeee (finger of suspicion, it just means I'm keeping an eye on you).

Also, I'm keeping my vote on IRTS, because she's been acting a little fishy. I find her math to be appalling. The chances that people are mafia or cop or doctor in this game are equal for everybody and do not rely on the previous game at all. When you flip a coin and it lands heads, does that mean the chances of it landing heads next time are decreased? No! In fact, everyone shares the same probability of being mafia in this game: 17/72. Now, maybe you just had the math wrong, but it seems strange that you'd use your statistics as an defense from being nightkilled, and that you'd say you're ready to "take one for the team." I don't like the smell of it.

Player 1
01-23-2010, 10:34 AM
Also, I'm keeping my vote on IRTS, because she's been acting a little fishy. I find her math to be appalling. The chances that people are mafia or cop or doctor in this game are equal for everybody and do not rely on the previous game at all. When you flip a coin and it lands heads, does that mean the chances of it landing heads next time are decreased? No! In fact, everyone shares the same probability of being mafia in this game: 17/72. Now, maybe you just had the math wrong, but it seems strange that you'd use your statistics as an defense from being nightkilled, and that you'd say you're ready to "take one for the team." I don't like the smell of it.

Ha, I was about to explain that myself. Using the very same coin flipping example, I'm glad I refreshed before I did it. I wouldn't hold it against her though. It's a very common mistake. Casinos make a lot of money based on that misconception.

Player 1
01-23-2010, 10:38 AM
People I find suspicious right now: King Bob, Gotham, & fright_eyes.

They've all posted but said nothing of interest. Seems scummy to me saying "I'm here" and then not speaking up again.

I agree.

If last game is anything to go off of, all of the mafia members were the ones that talked less. The more you post, the harder it is to keep all that information consistent and not implicate yourself. Last game we saw that the people who talked most, and were most open were all townies. It would take a very clever mafia to fake that. The only person I might suspect of pulling that off would be Abel, considering his experience with this.

aideeee
01-23-2010, 10:43 AM
Well there really is nothing anyone can say to prove their innocence this early in the game. I already said who I was most suspicious of and also those non talkers...

mostly I'm suspicious of IRTS

I'm not going to vote to lynch just yet.. till i see what others say especially those who haven't spoken yet.

one-headedboy
01-23-2010, 11:01 AM
Well there really is nothing anyone can say to prove their innocence this early in the game. I already said who I was most suspicious of and also those non talkers...

There is no way to prove innocence in this game. at any point really. The only time we know someone is innocent is after they are dead and Jordan posts if they were townie or mafia, you know?

Player 1
01-23-2010, 11:02 AM
mostly I'm suspicious of IRTS

Why?

I believe that's the second time you've stated such. Both times with zero reasons to back it up.

Abel
01-23-2010, 11:03 AM
Oh, aideeee, I meant to say: please explain why you find IRTS and OHB suspicious. You can't just say you're suspicious for no reason, it's active lurking.

The only way to prove your innocence early in the game, in my opinion, is to ask questions and scumhunt. If all townies do this, it will be easier to see who's on the side of good. We should all strive for transparency. Townies: talk talk talk. With a clear conscience, there shouldn't be any fear of slipping up.

I don't really have much experience; this is only the second game I am playing on the internet, and the first game I started playing is also still on Day 1. I've only seen other games being played by other inexperienced players, and played mafia in real life which is a much, much different experience. So if I'm doing anything here, it's less my experience and more my natural ingenuity. I mean to say, anyone can do what I'm doing.

King Bob
01-23-2010, 11:17 AM
aideeee: I think people who save their vote for certain proof are just too cautious. No evidence will ever be certain. I think this game, like chess, demands a good amount of aggression and initiative so that we can set the pace of the game instead of the mafia. I think I find the nolynch attitude, in general, a little scummy, just because it's an easier option (for mafia) than trying to misdirect votes and start bandwagons on innocents. I'm not going to vote for you right now, but I'm going to FoS: aideeee (finger of suspicion, it just means I'm keeping an eye on you).
Yeah, I agree with that. But, aideeee didn't play last game, so perhaps she didn't know that you don't need that much hard evidence to lynch someone.

Or maybe she's in the Mafia. I don't know.

Abel
01-23-2010, 11:19 AM
Also, we need 5 votes to lynch, not 4 as IRTS was suggesting (more fuzzy math?).

fright_eyes
01-23-2010, 11:21 AM
I hope Dr. Umsandfire is the doctor. That would be so apropos!

I'm sorry to learn that I'm garnering suspicion already. I may have a sordid past, but can't a girl be forgiven for her sins? Here I've got a second chance at life and I plan to do a good deal of scum-hunting once there's some scum to hunt. I honestly don't know what would be considered scummy behavior so early in the game. A lot of folks are suggesting that the less active members are acting fishy, but then again we do have lives outside of the internet. You know, we have other things to man.

I'm keeping an eye on IRTS for suggesting that Dr. Ums couldn't be mafia because he was mafia in the last game, yet singling out me and King Bob as possible mafia members. Wouldn't the same rule apply to us? Maybe IRTS knows something we don't know.

fright_eyes
01-23-2010, 11:24 AM
Abe, how does a real-life mafia game work? I can't even fathom that.

Player 1
01-23-2010, 11:26 AM
I'm keeping an eye on IRTS for suggesting that Dr. Ums couldn't be mafia because he was mafia in the last game, yet singling out me and King Bob as possible mafia members. Wouldn't the same rule apply to us? Maybe IRTS knows something we don't know.

Good catch. I missed that, now I'm suspicious.

King Bob
01-23-2010, 11:28 AM

Yeah, me too.

I Rule The School
01-23-2010, 11:42 AM
My teachers always said maths would be the death of me. :-/ I really thought it made sense but after reading Abel's post, I realize it was a stupid thing to say.
Still, I'd be an incredibly stupid mafia member if I wasn't able to shut the fuck up.

fright_eyes
01-23-2010, 11:46 AM
Still, I'd be an incredibly stupid mafia member if I wasn't able to shut the fuck up.

Actually, you'd be a clever not to shut up, since the prevailing belief seems to be that mafia lurks and townies talk.

fright_eyes
01-23-2010, 11:47 AM
Wish I could edit. I meant to say you'd be a cleaver not to shut up.

http://www.takeourword.com/images/cleaver.jpg

Abel
01-23-2010, 11:51 AM
IRTS, what does that mean? I figure the smartest thing a mafia could do is talk a lot to give us the impression they are town. But then what we can use to distinguish scum from town is who is actually helping and who is only seeming to help. It's a tough distinction.

fright_eyes, mafia has been played in real life longer than on the internet. I think it started in the 70s. There's a history sheet on it somewhere. Pretty much, people are handed out playing cards that define what they are, and nobody else knows your card because it's your role. During the night phase, everyone closes their eyes and puts their heads down, and then the mafia are allowed to communicate with pointing and gestures to the mod who they want to kill. A good, large game could conceivably take a couple hours to play, but I've played with a max of about 12 people, so it wasn't too long.

I Rule The School
01-23-2010, 12:20 PM
Judging from the first game, the mafia were the non talkative ones... I know that if I were mafia I'd try to lay low, and therefore I'm suspicious of these types of players. But that's probably because I'm not clever enough to play this game properly. Remember my doctor role denial that didn't really fool anyone.

one-headedboy
01-23-2010, 12:26 PM
Also, we need 5 votes to lynch, not 4 as IRTS was suggesting (more fuzzy math?).
Blame it on French education system maybe?

Yeah, me too.

I smell a bandwagon forming.

uejygM27Skc

I'm not going to put it on autoplay because it will upset us all.

Abel
01-23-2010, 12:50 PM
Well, remember, there are only 2 mafia this time, and a bandwagon is 3 or more.

I Rule The School
01-23-2010, 12:52 PM
It's getting to the point where I can't really think of anything to say to prove my good faith. I re-read my posts and I pretty much brought this on myself. Live and learn. :rolleyes:

Abel, the only thing the mafia has to worry about is protecting their identity, right? They either do so by not saying much, or by checking twice before pointing fingers and calling whoever a townie. I'm pretty much failing on both counts because I obviously am not thinking straight. Like when I said Drums was probably a townie (based on something I swear I thought at the time was some kind of axiom), and totally forgot about fright_eyes and King Bob. I'm not playing this game right, but at least I'm playing, contrary to all the people we haven't heard yet, or the people who point fingers for no reason at all (and can't even come up with some half-assed explanation for their choices!). At least I'm trying to back my accusations (or votes of confidence) with a little something.

fright_eyes
01-23-2010, 12:54 PM
What does a bandwagon smell like, Joe?

http://www.doctormacro1.info/Images/Posters/B/Poster%20-%20Band%20Wagon,%20The_01.jpg

I Rule The School
01-23-2010, 12:58 PM
Also, and that's kind of not related to this game particularly, but what is a bandwagon? Isn't it when one townie decides to randomly lynch someone and then the mafia follows suit?
I'm asking because in that case it would mean that according to 1HB Player 1 and King Bob would be suspicious, and it could be worth investigating. King Bob's on my radar, but I never thought about Player 1.

one-headedboy
01-23-2010, 01:01 PM

Also, and that's kind of not related to this game particularly, but what is a bandwagon? Isn't it when one townie decides to randomly lynch someone and then the mafia follows suit?
I'm asking because in that case it would mean that according to 1HB Player 1 and King Bob would be suspicious, and it could be worth investigating. King Bob's on my radar, but I never thought about Player 1.

It's more or less just people jumping behind someone else's accusations. Or at least that's what I consider it to be. I wasn't really calling them suspicious per say but scum can jump onto a bandwagon to help get rid of townies.

one-headedboy
01-23-2010, 01:02 PM
It's more or less just people jumping behind someone else's accusations. Or at least that's what I consider it to be. I wasn't really calling them suspicious per say but scum can jump onto a bandwagon to help get rid of townies.

Sorry I'm not sure why that Player 1 quote is in there. i've been having issues with the multiquote function.

Abel
01-23-2010, 01:14 PM
A bandwagon is very basically when people vote for people because other people did before them. It's not always malicious, because sometimes there will be good points against a player. But generally it kind of shows you that the people who join onto the bandwagon aren't really doing much scumhunting of their own, unless they bring to light new reasons for voting for the target player. Also, you have to keep in mind that mafia would love to have a quick lynch on a townie, so when you see bandwagoning that leads to the lynch of a townie, the people that bandwagoned become incredibly suspicious. Especially when their votes are L-1 and/or L-0 (voting a player to within one vote of a lynch, and casting the final vote to lynch, respectively).

Abel
01-23-2010, 01:16 PM
Except now that such tactics are out in the open, the mafia know them too and might try to avoid doing that. Even if that's the case, it means we probably won't have a bandwagon and kill a townie now, which is good.

Player 1
01-23-2010, 03:31 PM
I think we're over diagnosing the bandwagon here too. Having one person make a good argument, then 4 people agree and follow suit isn't wrong. That's sort of how the game has to work. We only move on once 5 people agree. I'm more on the watch for people who don't contribute much at all, but then show up to toss their vote in once there are already a few people leaning that way.

I Rule The School
01-23-2010, 03:45 PM
That's kind of what Abel was saying about bandwagons... I'm not sure it's relevant here. Now of course, Playah, you could be saying this because you've been accused of jumping on one...
I'll need to go over the voting patterns of the first game to see how it went... Right now, what I'æ seeing is thåt we're all pretty much sticking to the same tactics... There are those who talk too much and those who don't talk quite enough.

I Rule The School
01-23-2010, 03:56 PM
I'm going to bed but tomorrow I'll compile a list to try and figure stuff out... based on what people said this time, and not crappy maths. :o

Morpheus
01-23-2010, 06:51 PM
can i be on the w8ting list and ill try to be a contibuter and be a help ful person to my according faction thank u

fright_eyes
01-23-2010, 07:23 PM
Morpheus, I love you.

Player 1
01-23-2010, 09:11 PM
I have arrived!

Your only post? And it says nothing? I understand you might not have much time to be on here... But if you had the time to show up and post at all, you might have contributed something a bit better. You might as well have just posted "I'm trying to look active so I don't get lynched"

So defend yourself!

Abel
01-23-2010, 10:24 PM
FoS: Morpheus

Preemptive FoS for when he joins the game.

drumsandfire
01-24-2010, 12:03 AM
I can't handle the pressure of this round, everyone. I thought I could, but work and school are piling up on me. I am not going to be able to devote the needed attention to the game.

Should Morpheus take my spot?

Abel
01-24-2010, 12:52 AM
Didn't someone else claim a backup spot first? Like jdrawmeasheep?

Player 1
01-24-2010, 01:05 AM

Sorry... "FoS"?
I appear to be behind on my internet lingo...

fright_eyes
01-24-2010, 02:00 AM

:D

Sorry... "FoS"?
I appear to be behind on my internet lingo...

Finger of suspicion.

I Rule The School
01-24-2010, 02:58 AM
So the Townhall is being a jerk and won't let me post my big post right now... :(

I Rule The School
01-24-2010, 02:59 AM
ABEL. Obviously the most knowledgeable, so the most valuable asset to his side. As far as I'm concerned, he's pretty much protected by the fact that he's the only one with experience outside the townhall - who would lynch him on Day 1? I'd love a cop report, though, if there's a cop. If he's mafia, he's very dangerous.

PLAYER_1. Been active, seems to genuinely hunt. At first kind of unwilling to lynch on the first day, but now he seems to have a few people on his radar. Probably town.

GOTHAM. Only one post "I have arrived" two days ago and nothing else. Highly suspicious.

FRIGHT_EYES. Not really saying anything, but she did see my slip-up. Could be clever mafia work, or just good hunting. Kind of tries to muddle up the game with fun posts, though. ;)

I Rule The School
01-24-2010, 02:59 AM
AIDEEEE. At first very cautious, didn't want to lynch anyone without hard evidence. Then suddenly decided to be suspicious of me and 1HB, who at this point, were pretty much the only ones trying to get something started. Also pretended not to understand what the Prostitute was, even after Abel's explanations. VERY HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS. But it's her first game, she could be in good faith, just like Morpheus in the 1st game. (for the record, Morpheus got lynched anyway)

KING BOB. First post "I'm here" - 2nd post - tries to help Aideeee - 3rd post - FoS me with no back up explanation, just "yeah me too." SUSPICIOUS.

DRUMS. Is about to drop off... Genuinely doesn't have the time and doesn't want to hurt the town, or a very clever move to help the mafia (why lynch someone who's claiming he doesn't have the time?)

1HB. has explained his standards for calling people scummy, seems to be hunting for real.

I Rule The School
01-24-2010, 03:07 AM
PS : Hey Mr. Mod!!!!!!
--> The links to see people's posting history aren't working.
--> The first one to claim a waiting spot was jdrawmeasheep.

THIS IS HORSE SHIT!!!!!!!!!!
i wanted in on this game sooo bad.:mad:

one-headedboy
01-24-2010, 08:24 AM
I just got moderated on a big post. :mad:

one-headedboy
01-24-2010, 08:24 AM
ABEL. Obviously the most knowledgeable, so the most valuable asset to his side. As far as I'm concerned, he's pretty much protected by the fact that he's the only one with experience outside the townhall - who would lynch him on Day 1? I'd love a cop report, though, if there's a cop. If he's mafia, he's very dangerous.

PLAYER_1. Been active, seems to genuinely hunt. At first kind of unwilling to lynch on the first day, but now he seems to have a few people on his radar. Probably town.

GOTHAM. Only one post "I have arrived" two days ago and nothing else. Highly suspicious.

FRIGHT_EYES. Not really saying anything, but she did see my slip-up. Could be clever mafia work, or just good hunting. Kind of tries to muddle up the game with fun posts, though. ;)

Abel's knowledge of the game is a good defense for him, whether he's mafia or townie. If he's townie, he's really going to be a big help. If he's scum, he can continue "helping" us, while picking us off each night, you know? No one wants to lynch the smart guy in case he really is helpful though.

Player 1 seems okay, I think that bandwagon thing thing was just a realization for him. Jumping behind someone else's accusations is not really scummy. It can be, but because he's been contributing, I think it was just a moment of "Ah!" for him.

Not sure where Gotham is or what he's doing. Maybe he has a real life. Having a real life is pretty scummy though. I'd like to hear more from him than "I'm here!" I suppose.

Fright_Eyes seems to be alright. As you say she "muddle[s] up the game with fun posts" which can be a scummy tactic. I did that last game though because I wasn't too sure how to play. She hasn't done anything genuinely scummy to warrant an FoS though.

one-headedboy
01-24-2010, 08:30 AM
AIDEEEE. At first very cautious, didn't want to lynch anyone without hard evidence. Then suddenly decided to be suspicious of me and 1HB, who at this point, were pretty much the only ones trying to get something started. Also pretended not to understand what the Prostitute was, even after Abel's explanations. VERY HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS. But it's her first game, she could be in good faith, just like Morpheus in the 1st game. (for the record, Morpheus got lynched anyway)

KING BOB. First post "I'm here" - 2nd post - tries to help Aideeee - 3rd post - FoS me with no back up explanation, just "yeah me too." SUSPICIOUS.

DRUMS. Is about to drop off... Genuinely doesn't have the time and doesn't want to hurt the town, or a very clever move to help the mafia (why lynch someone who's claiming he doesn't have the time?)

1HB. has explained his standards for calling people scummy, seems to be hunting for real.

Not sure what's up with Aideeee, but I guess the thing we have to remember is that everyone has played before except for her. Although I really am not sure where her evidence is for accusing you or me. I'm watching her.

King Bob has had 3 posts as you explained. Nothing much to analyze besides what you've got there Christine. He needs to post more but as far as I'm concerned he's being watched too, just like Aideeee.

I don't think we can analyze drumsandfire for dropping out. We'll have to wait until the next person gets subbed in, you know? Besides he's only had 3 posts in this thread.

I, 1HB, am out to get that mafia scum.

I Rule The School, you have bad maths.

I'm playing, contrary to all the people we haven't heard yet, or the people who point fingers for no reason at all (and can't even come up with some half-assed explanation for their choices!). At least I'm trying to back my accusations (or votes of confidence) with a little something.

I find this an interesting defense. It's true in a sense because you have been doing things and you have been scum hunting. You're not just muddling around or barely posting. It's hard to tell. You're on my watch list.

--> The first one to claim a waiting spot was jdrawmeasheep.

Can I advance sign up for the next game? I've been waiting for the last one to end for a while, and now I come back from work to find the next game filled. :(

Actually, EarthlyCitizen mentioned it in the "Townhall Mafia" thread

one-headedboy
01-24-2010, 08:32 AM
ALSO:

Abel (http://www.e6townhall.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=3301&searchthreadid=16468)
Player 1 (http://www.e6townhall.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=5648&searchthreadid=16468)
Gotham (http://www.e6townhall.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=3526&searchthreadid=16468)
fright_eyes (http://www.e6townhall.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=5179&searchthreadid=16468)
aideeee (http://www.e6townhall.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=6727&searchthreadid=16468)
I Rule The School (http://www.e6townhall.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=4991&searchthreadid=16468)
King Bob (http://www.e6townhall.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=6286&searchthreadid=16468)
drumsandfire (http://www.e6townhall.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=5064&searchthreadid=16468)
one-headedboy (http://www.e6townhall.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=4790&searchthreadid=16338)

I Rule The School
01-24-2010, 10:24 AM
I Rule The School, you have bad maths. [...]
I find this an interesting defense. It's true in a sense because you have been doing things and you have been scum hunting. You're not just muddling around or barely posting. It's hard to tell. You're on my watch list.

Fair enough. I'd be on my watch list too after the probability fuck-up, and the fact that I didn't remember that Fright Eyes and King Bob were mafia in the first game too.
Call me stupid or stubborn, but somehow I still think it's unlikely that anyone would be mafia twice in a row. Maybe mathematically it doesn't work this way, and I know I've been proven wrong, but still, it's kind of like the lottery : we've all heard of people winning, but have we ever heard of anyone winning twice in a row? And I mean winning big money, not 5 bucks or whatever... Anyway, even if I can't back that up scientifically, it's got to be a mojo thing. But I will not base my scum hunting on this or I'm going to get killed, or ridiculed. (which one is worse on the net, I don't know)

Anyway, 1HB, I think we basically agree on most points... but the problem with this is that apart from Abel and Player_1, everyone's likely to get lynched... We really need to narrow it down, or maybe try to find a lynching trifecta. So far I'd say (1) Gotham (2) Aidee (3) King Bob.

And thanks for sorting out the link thing!!!

fright_eyes
01-24-2010, 10:49 AM
I'm not mafia, I'm just fun!

If my posts haven't been very helpful, it's only because I have no significant insights to share. I agree with some of the points already made by others, like the fact that Abel could be a great asset to the town or our worst nightmare. I don't particularly want to lynch him, either. And despite the math slip-up, I'm not getting a scummy vibe off IRTS. One-headedboy seems like a townie as far as I'm concerned. I have nothing to say about the others -- just haven't noticed anything worth mentioning.

King Bob
01-24-2010, 12:29 PM
KING BOB. First post "I'm here" - 2nd post - tries to help Aideeee - 3rd post - FoS me with no back up explanation, just "yeah me too." SUSPICIOUS

Well, I didn't actually say why I was suspicious, but, when I said "yeah me too", I was agreeing with what fright_eyes was saying about you trying to defend drumsandfire. You said that it was unlikely that he would be in the mafia cause he was in the mafia last game, but you weren't defending me or fright_eyes, even though we were also mafia last game.

Abel
01-24-2010, 12:34 PM
we've all heard of people winning, but have we ever heard of anyone winning twice in a row? No, but maybe that's why you have a strange bias against the laws of probability: because you're confusing probability with what seems to be. It's true, the odds of being mafia in both games is lower than the odds of being mafia in one game. But the odds of being mafia in both games are EQUAL TO the odds of being mafia in one game and town in the other. If you're legitimately trying to use the idea that the odds are slim that previous mafia members are mafia now, you're just going to make yourself look more and more suspicious.

Abel
01-24-2010, 12:37 PM
Also, I'm not so much concerned with being lynched as I am with being killed by mafia. I was thinking of being a little more low-key, but I think it would probably help more if I got some examples out there of how the town should be acting and interpreting things. At this point I'm just banking on the possibility that there's a doctor in the game.

I Rule The School
01-24-2010, 12:53 PM
It's true, the odds of being mafia in both games is lower than the odds of being mafia in one game. But the odds of being mafia in both games are EQUAL TO the odds of being mafia in one game and town in the other.

Come again? :confused:
And anyway, there are odds, and then there is the fact that the mod is a human being and could have interfered and thought, hell, this poor guy isn't going to be mafia twice. Or townie twice. Whatever you would consider the worst role in this game. Or, hey, I like this guy, I'm going to give him a great role. Or whatever.
Anyway, I don't know why we're dwelling on this. I don't know why I'm dwelling on this. I really wish you guys would comment on the rest of what I've been saying... like, the parts that actually make sense. Unless I'm not coming through to you at all. Can you hear me, can you hear me?

If you're legitimately trying to use the idea that the odds are slim that previous mafia members are mafia now, you're just going to make yourself look more and more suspicious.

Well, obviously, since I wasn't mafia in the first game. If I was mafia now, I'd be saying, yeah, sure there's a 125% chance of people having the same role and over again (or whatever, please don't tell me that according to your brain and its super powers of calculation, there's actually only a 36,66% or whatever). :rolleyes:

I Rule The School
01-24-2010, 01:00 PM
Also, I'm not so much concerned with being lynched as I am with being killed by mafia.

Well, that's a good thing since no-one's considering lynching you. We all agreed you were too valuable anyway.
And yeah, it's better to be killed by mafia. I don't know why, but it's a question of honor... being killed by your own side means they're either morons and don't deserve to win, or you've been playing like a moron and you don't deserve to live. That's great because that's exactly what I'm doing. Damn the moron in me. :(

drumsandfire
01-24-2010, 01:09 PM
sorry to spam this thread with my requests, but I figure anyone who is following this game and not actually playing might notice this.

I NEED A SUB! SOMEONE TAKE MY SPOT! PLEASE!

Right now I'm just hindering your progress.

Gotham
01-24-2010, 01:40 PM
Hey guys, sorry, I guess it does seem pretty scummy that I have only posted "I have arrived." Yes, unfortunately I do have a real life, and I had rehearsals and gatherings all weekend- I go to acting school in N.C. has some of you might know. I'll make sure to make my posts more informed from now on.

I've only had time to read through most of everything once, and will probably read it all over once again in my scum hunting, but it really seems at Mr or Mrs Aideee is all over the place in his/her stances, as explained by I Rule The School in previous posts. However, I must also note that I Rule The School and Player 1 seem a lil' scummy in how they can't deal with people not posting that much. Are they trying to direct all attention away from themselves to conceal their true identities? Maybe, maybe not. Most like not though.

Anyway, I would once again like to apologize for my absence and lack of clarity in my posts. I hardly have any time to post anymore on the forum in general, and I'm using this game to bring me back into the whole social circle thing. If you would like to ask me any questions feel free.
<3-G

Abel
01-24-2010, 01:46 PM
Come again? :confused:Well, here is some math:

The probability of being mafia in one game: 23.6%
The probability of being town in one game: 76.4%

The probability of being mafia in two games: 5.5%
The probability of being mafia then town: 18.0%
The probability of being town then mafia: 18.0%
The probability of being town in two games: 58.3%

What you seem to be forgetting is that the first game already happened. Its role dispersion is no longer up to probability. Therefore, the second group of probabilities I just listed is completely meaningless in the context of this game; only the "one game" probabilities apply.

When I said that everyone now has the same chances of being mafia in both games as being town in one and mafia in the other, I mean very simply that the four possible outcomes are MM, MT, TM, and TT: each is 1/4 of the possible outcomes. When considering the probability of two independent outcomes, once of which has already happened, there's no other way of looking at it.
And anyway, there are odds, and then there is the fact that the mod is a human being and could have interfered and thought, hell, this poor guy isn't going to be mafia twice. Or townie twice. Whatever you would consider the worst role in this game. Or, hey, I like this guy, I'm going to give him a great role. Or whatever. Unethical

Anyway, I don't know why we're dwelling on this. I don't know why I'm dwelling on this. I really wish you guys would comment on the rest of what I've been saying... like, the parts that actually make sense. Unless I'm not coming through to you at all.As soon as I'm done pursuing this lead.
Well, obviously, since I wasn't mafia in the first game. If I was mafia now, I'd be saying, yeah, sure there's a 125% chance of people having the same role and over againWhat's at stake here is that you may be trying to protect your scum-buddy from suspicion.

Dr. Ums: PM IAAE or talk to him on the shoutbox or something, tell him to place you with EarthlyCitizen (he'll have to PM EarthlyCitizen your role and get a response before it's official, I presume).

Abel
01-24-2010, 01:49 PM
However, I must also note that I Rule The School and Player 1 seem a lil' scummy in how they can't deal with people not posting that much. Are they trying to direct all attention away from themselves to conceal their true identities?This is a great observation, and it is indeed a typical sign of scummy behavior to focus a lot on people who aren't even here to defend themselves.

Player 1
01-24-2010, 02:18 PM
However, I must also note that I Rule The School and Player 1 seem a lil' scummy in how they can't deal with people not posting that much. Are they trying to direct all attention away from themselves to conceal their true identities? Maybe, maybe not. Most like not though.

Point taken. I'll do my best to remember that other people don't spend the time online that I do. But, as you'll see below, my initial complaint was more with the substance of your post, rather than your lack of posts. But you seem to have made up for this a bit now... We'll see.

I understand you might not have much time to be on here... But if you had the time to show up and post at all, you might have contributed something a bit better. You might as well have just posted "I'm trying to look active so I don't get lynched"

I don't think we can analyze drumsandfire for dropping out. We'll have to wait until the next person gets subbed in, you know? Besides he's only had 3 posts in this thread.

It's not enough to seriously implicate him, but it certainly has me wondering. He apparently thought he'd have the time, but was then mistaken. Was he assuming he'd be a townie, but was then assigned mafia and realized he couldn't handle the pressure? As a townie you can just spill your mind and be open all the time. I would think their is significantly more pressure on the mafia to keep all their lies in check. We'll just have to wait and see how the replacement behaves.

Anyway, 1HB, I think we basically agree on most points... but the problem with this is that apart from Abel and Player_1, everyone's likely to get lynched... We really need to narrow it down, or maybe try to find a lynching trifecta. So far I'd say (1) Gotham (2) Aidee (3) King Bob.

It's sort of like last game, where we really can't be sure of anyone in round 1, so we have to pick someone who is both suspicious and a weak link. As long as people are posting a lot and being open, I'd rather let them stay around. Even if they do end up being clever mafia, we at least have a large posting history to sort through and try to figure them out later on. Odds are, we have a pretty good chance of screwing up and killing a townie again, so I think the best thing to do is just make sure that townie is the most expendable to us. Granted he should be suspicious too. I'm NOT saying we just take out whoever helps least. It's a combination of the factors.

I Rule The School
01-24-2010, 02:24 PM
The probability of being mafia in two games: 5.5%
The probability of being mafia then town: 18.0%
The probability of being town then mafia: 18.0%
The probability of being town in two games: 58.3%

Are you aware that this doesn't make 100% Is there a 0.2% of you dying in between games or something? :D

When I said that everyone now has the same chances of being mafia in both games as being town in one and mafia in the other, I mean very simply that the four possible outcomes are MM, MT, TM, and TT: each is 1/4 of the possible outcomes.

I beg to disagree, since there are less mafia members than townies. Therefore, you have more chances to be town twice than mafia twice. I am not going to do the maths, but you're not making sense here.

As for the mod's role, you say "unethical," I say "human." Different perspective.

What's at stake here is that you may be trying to protect your scum-buddy from suspicion.

I understand that. But why would I open myself up to suspicion? Because I assume he's got a more important role than I do? I guess that's possible, but we don't know the exact setup of this game, so if anything, I'd first think about protecting myself.

Also, Abel, you've been picking on me right from the start, and absolutely not taking anyone else into account. Why is that?

Here's Abel first post :

And the only thing I had said at this point was is this day or night? Seriously, Abel... I like you, but... you don't smell too good either.

Player 1
01-24-2010, 02:34 PM
Well, I think we can at least safely conclude that between IRTS and Abel, one of them is definitely a townie. They're drawing WAY to much attention to themselves for them both to be mafia.
Of course it's also very likely that they are both townies. As a math guy myself, I can understand Abel's position of having to correct her and maybe looking down on her for not knowing in the first place.
Seriously though, I think it's gone far enough. I'm wondering now if one of you isn't a mafia dragging out this argument just to muddle things up.

Abel
01-24-2010, 02:44 PM
Are you aware that this doesn't make 100% Is there a 0.2% of you dying in between games or something? :DAre you aware that I rounded? Turning fractions into decimals doesn't always result in whole numbers, sorry.
I beg to disagree, since there are less mafia members than townies. Therefore, you have more chances to be town twice than mafia twice. I am not going to do the maths, but you're not making sense here.I just explained all this and why the second group of probabilities are moot. Keep re-reading my previous post until you understand it, because it's pointless to explain it again when it's already been said.
As for the mod's role, you say "unethical," I say "human." Different perspective.I explained to him step by step how to go about choosing things randomly, and he seemed to agree and do it that way. More arguments from you that evade common sense.
I understand that. But why would I open myself up to suspicion?Because you were banking on the possibility that nobody would find it suspicious, haha. It's not necessarily suspicious until you consider the fact that we don't have much to gain from it, and mafia do have something to gain from it.
Also, Abel, you've been picking on me right from the start, and absolutely not taking anyone else into account. Why is that?I picked on you from the start because you posted right before me, and it was a random vote. Then you suddenly seemed to cave in from such a miniscule amount of pressure, so I'lm following the lead. You'll also realize that I've been very suspicious of aideeee, but she hasn't been around for me to confirm the suspicions. For a while I was considering unvoting you and voting aideeee, but now that you're reacting like this, I am going to follow through until I either see something that persuades me of your innocence or persuades me of your guilt.

Abel
01-24-2010, 02:45 PM
I don't think anything is being muddled, here, P1; if aideeee returns to defend herself, then we will also focus on that. But this is a very straightforward process of interrogation.

I Rule The School
01-24-2010, 02:54 PM
if aideeee returns to defend herself, then we will also focus on that.

I see... So if she just shuts up for the next two days, she's off the hook?

Abel
01-24-2010, 02:59 PM
No, I gots my FoS on her. But I'm not just going to vilify someone who isn't here to defend herself and ignore people who are here, sorry. The time is better spent right now talking with people who are here to talk. Unfortunately, I can't really see a way to save yourself from all of the evidence against you at this point. You've even referred to changing your behavior once your more scummy actions were pointed out, but those actions will still always be there. At this point I'm willing to see what others have to say about what has transpired, and I think I'm still waiting on a few others to answer my list of questions from earlier.

We might need to do some prodding soon, IAAE.

I Rule The School
01-24-2010, 03:09 PM
I feel like Joseph K. :(

Abel
01-24-2010, 03:31 PM
If it makes you feel any better, my gut tells me that you are town despite the fact that a mafia could do the things that you are doing to try to pull the wool over our eyes. As a matter of fact, for the time being I'm going to unvote you because I don't actually think you should be lynched currently and I don't want to see a bandwagon forming overnight to lynch you. I think since I've said I want to pursue you further, I've realized that I can't really pursue you further at the moment.

##UNLYNCH I RULE THE SCHOOL

I Rule The School
01-24-2010, 03:41 PM
It does make me feel better. Praise the magic of Kafka!
Anyway, time for me to hit the sack... I really hope that when I wake up, I'll have lots of stuff to read. It's like half the players haven't contributed at all today. Fucking church-goers. ;)

IAmAnEngine
01-24-2010, 03:50 PM
Vote count

aideeee 1

aideeee
01-24-2010, 03:53 PM
this game has gotten too technical, i thought it would be like the last one... yeah just lynch me.

one-headedboy
01-24-2010, 04:21 PM
IAmAnEngine:

You should quote this in your first post or edit it in so we don't have to search for it:

ALSO:

fright_eyes (http://www.e6townhall.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=5179&searchthreadid=16468)
aideeee (http://www.e6townhall.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=6727&searchthreadid=16468)
drumsandfire (http://www.e6townhall.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=5064&searchthreadid=16468)
one-headedboy (http://www.e6townhall.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=4790&searchthreadid=16338)

IAmAnEngine
01-24-2010, 04:41 PM
IAmAnEngine:

You should quote this in your first post or edit it in so we don't have to search for it:

I don't know how to copy the coding D:

one-headedboy
01-24-2010, 05:03 PM
if you quote the post with it, you can just highlight the whole coding and paste it into the first post. It will be there in the quote.

IAmAnEngine
01-24-2010, 05:05 PM
Try now

one-headedboy
01-24-2010, 05:22 PM
they all work! thank you.

Player 1
01-24-2010, 05:52 PM
this game has gotten too technical, i thought it would be like the last one... yeah just lynch me.

Ugh.

If it bothers you that much you can ask to be subbed out...

So your either just really a bored townie. Or your a mafia defending yourself by painting yourself so obviously as a bored townie. My guess is townie though. I don't think a mafia would try a defense that brought so much attention to them in a stupid way like that.

Morpheus
01-24-2010, 06:37 PM
dlfh

Morpheus
01-24-2010, 06:38 PM
srry wanted to make sure i was able to do that

fright_eyes
01-24-2010, 06:53 PM
Fascinating theory, Morpheus. But allow me a rebuttal: fgfdfjg

Morpheus
01-24-2010, 06:56 PM
Fascinating theory, Morpheus. But allow me a rebuttal: fgfdfjg

actuallly this was my real theory:
if i could post a thoery its that about the whole probability thing and as far as im concerned there is no reason for pursuit and that its all a cover for both Abel and IRTS because they r both mafia scum and trying to put a invisibility cloak on themselves and that there might be a godfather in the mafia and they r trying to compete for it and trying to get each other lynched so that they can rule the mafia and soley win the game or im getting the roles mixed up but i think this is worth considering

Morpheus
01-24-2010, 06:57 PM
i just wanna play so bad that im interupting the game

IAmAnEngine
01-24-2010, 07:00 PM
Morpheus, you're not playing. Get out of the thread.

fright_eyes
01-24-2010, 07:01 PM
actuallly this was my real theory:
if i could post a thoery its that about the whole probability thing and as far as im concerned there is no reason for pursuit and that its all a cover for both Abel and IRTS because they r both mafia scum and trying to put a invisibility cloak on themselves and that there might be a godfather in the mafia and they r trying to compete for it and trying to get each other lynched so that they can rule the mafia and soley win the game or im getting the roles mixed up but i think this is worth considering

:D

Morpheus
01-24-2010, 07:03 PM
srry ill leave

fright_eyes
01-24-2010, 07:05 PM
I'm getting such a kick out of this.

Abel
01-24-2010, 08:44 PM
firhgt_eyes, are you going to answer my question?
What sort of behavior could you possibly determine as "scummy" (mafia-esque) that would convince you enough to make you vote at this stage? Also, if you feel there's nothing to go on, create some stuff to go on! Ask hypothetical questions!

Also, IAAE, are you planning on getting a substitute for Dr. Ums?

IAmAnEngine
01-24-2010, 08:57 PM
Also, IAAE, are you planning on getting a substitute for Dr. Ums?

Who was the first one to ask? EarthlyCitizen?

Abel
01-24-2010, 09:00 PM
Yep, followed by jdrawmeasheep and then Morpheus, I believe.

fright_eyes
01-24-2010, 09:03 PM
firhgt_eyes, are you going to answer my question

I honestly have no idea what I would consider scummy behavior at this point. Once the deaths begin I feel like I'll have something to base my opinions on, but so far no one's said anything I've found suspicious. I'll jump on it when I see it.

IAmAnEngine
01-24-2010, 09:04 PM
Yep,

Dun deal, drumsandfire is no longer playing, and is replaced with EarthlyCitizen

Abel
01-24-2010, 09:08 PM
I honestly have no idea what I would consider scummy behavior at this point. Once the deaths begin I feel like I'll have something to base my opinions on, but so far no one's said anything I've found suspicious. I'll jump on it when I see it.How do you feel about what IRTS has been up to, or what aideeee has been saying, or about my relentless, tiresome persecution?

drumsandfire
01-24-2010, 09:13 PM
Dun deal, drumsandfire is no longer playing, and is replaced with EarthlyCitizen

what a relief!

Sorry, everyone.

fright_eyes
01-24-2010, 09:16 PM
How do you feel about what IRTS has been up to, or what aideeee has been saying, or about my relentless, tiresome persecution?

IRTS seems like a genuine townie to me, I don't have a clue what to make of aideee, and your relentless persecution kinda turns me on. Do you own a whip?

Player 1
01-24-2010, 09:28 PM
and your relentless persecution kinda turns me on. Do you own a whip?

There she goes again, muddling things up with fun. AHA!

Abel
01-24-2010, 09:39 PM
IRTS seems like a genuine townie to me, I don't have a clue what to make of aideee, and your relentless persecution kinda turns me on. Do you own a whip?Homie don't play dat game.

##LYNCH FRIGHT_EYES

Post moar.

IAmAnEngine
01-24-2010, 09:47 PM
Vote count

aideeee 1
fright_eyes 1

Player 1
01-24-2010, 09:59 PM
So I notice King Bob has been active in other threads. But apparently doesn't have time for this. Behavior that is eerily similar to the way he acted last game, in which he was Mafia.

Hmm...

I'm suspicious of darned near everyone right now.
But currently he's at the top of my list.

##LYNCH KING BOB

IAmAnEngine
01-24-2010, 10:02 PM
Vote count

aideeee 1
fright_eyes 1
King Bob 1

Abel
01-24-2010, 10:06 PM
So I notice King Bob has been active in other threads. But apparently doesn't have time for this. Behavior that is eerily similar to the way he acted last game, in which he was Mafia.

Hmm...

I'm suspicious of darned near everyone right now.
But currently he's at the top of my list.

##LYNCH KING BOBIt could just be he's not interested, I don't know. Wah, why do people who don't want to play sign up to play?

Player 1
01-24-2010, 11:09 PM
It could just be he's not interested, I don't know. Wah, why do people who don't want to play sign up to play?

It annoys me too...

But I don't think that's what he's doing. I'll give a small excuse to the people who didn't play last game, maybe they didn't realize what they were in for. But he played last game. And he's behaving in an extremely similar manner.

EarthlyCitizen
01-25-2010, 12:02 AM
EarthlyCitizen reporting in. I got my p.m. and will be catching up on this thread on the morrow!

EarthlyCitizen
01-25-2010, 12:07 AM
Before sleep I'd like to remind you all of this extremely logical "bored townie" theory. ;)

So your either just really a bored townie. Or your a mafia defending yourself by painting yourself so obviously as a bored townie. My guess is townie though. I don't think a mafia would try a defense that brought so much attention to them in a stupid way like that.

I Rule The School
01-25-2010, 02:43 AM

If you want out of the game, just ask to be subbed out.
I believe you, you just don't like the game, even though I'm not sure it's more technical than the last one (if you think it is, it's all because of Abel because he's been using numbers instead of words :D). Anyway, if we lynch you and you're town, we lose a player, so I can't let that happen.

##UNLYNCH AIDEEEE

As far as I'm concerned for this first day phase, it's between King Bob & Gotham. You could argue that everybody is acting a little suspicious, but at least they're acting... in these guys' case, I get the feeling they lurk a lot and just keep their communications on this thread to a bare minimum so as not to say something they'd regret later - and that's exactly what King Bob did last game, too... As for Fright_Eyes... nobody loves a smart ass in this game. Take care of yourself.

aideeee
01-25-2010, 07:20 AM
sub me out then jordan

Abel
01-25-2010, 09:26 AM
it's all because of Abel because he's been using numbers instead of wordsUsing numbers to support my words, whereas you're using numbers to make you look suspicious. See that last sentence there? All words, and they make a point.

As far as I'm concerned for this first day phase, it's between King Bob & Gotham. You could argue that everybody is acting a little suspicious, but at least they're acting... in these guys' case, I get the feeling they lurk a lot and just keep their communications on this thread to a bare minimum so as not to say something they'd regret later - and that's exactly what King Bob did last game, too...Fine, I suppose, but why haven't you been questioning them or anyone else? You're not doing any scumhunting here. "I think it's Bob because he's inactive, end of argument." There's not much else to say about that. Drawing attention to inactive players is considered anti-town because you're drawing attention away from people who are here, including yourself.

Abel
01-25-2010, 09:29 AM
I'm suspicious of darned near everyone right now.Explain who and why. Like, make a list with a reason or two for each person and explain why you think that makes them suspicious.

But currently he's at the top of my list.Once you're done with the list, see if you can explain why King Bob is at the top of it.

IAmAnEngine
01-25-2010, 09:51 AM
aideeee is out of the game and replaced with jdrawmeasheep

Abel
01-25-2010, 09:57 AM
one-headedboy hasn't posted in close to three days. Prod!

IAmAnEngine
01-25-2010, 10:01 AM

H'okay.

I Rule The School
01-25-2010, 10:32 AM
Hey, if we're going to do some prodding, we'd better prod King Bob and Gotham too. Just sayin'.

Abel
01-25-2010, 10:45 AM
Except they both posted yesterday.

jdrawmeasheep
01-25-2010, 10:48 AM
aideeee is out of the game and replaced with jdrawmeasheep

FUCKKK YEAHHH!!!!!

okay. i'm just going to say. that you guys seem a lot smarter than me. but if this aideeee fella wanted out, they obviously didn't have too exciting of a role. and that un-exciting role was passed down to me. so uh. by trying to convince everyone that i'm not violent, i've probably already convinced a few that i am. but uh. oh geez. i probably should stop talking.

so LETZ GET IT OOONN

I Rule The School
01-25-2010, 10:51 AM
Using numbers to support my words, whereas you're using numbers to make you look suspicious. See that last sentence there? All words, and they make a point.

And one I understand, too. :)

Fine, I suppose, but why haven't you been questioning them or anyone else? You're not doing any scumhunting here. "I think it's Bob because he's inactive, end of argument." There's not much else to say about that. Drawing attention to inactive players is considered anti-town because you're drawing attention away from people who are here, including yourself.

The scumhunting list I wrote on Sat. is still up to date in my book. Nothing else has been said. The only change in status is Aideeee - who probably wasn't mafia after all... But these 2 guys haven't shown up. Several players have been pointing fingers in their directions and the best they could come up with was "hey, I've got a life, y'know." I'd love to have a little chat with them but that's only going to happen if they log on and stick around long enough.
I think you're mistaking the Townhall mafia game for the games you're playing on mafiascum.net. Drawing attention to the players who are actually active is only going to make this game end like the last one I'm afraid...

Anyway, right now I'm reading this (http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12959) in the vague and misguided hope that I'll actually come up with some kind of device to make the people who don't want to participate participate anyway.

Abel
01-25-2010, 10:52 AM
Unfortunate as it is to rely on metagame analysis, I also noticed a hint of boredom from aideeee that screamed "I wish I was mafia, town is lame."

Abel
01-25-2010, 10:53 AM
The scumhunting list I wrote on Sat. is still up to date in my book. Nothing else has been said.Making a list is not scumhunting. Prodding people with questions and accusations and attempting to get responses is scumhunting.

I Rule The School
01-25-2010, 10:53 AM
Except they both posted yesterday.

Yeah, but 1HB posted TODAY.

-->
Today, 01:22 AM
Senior E6er

Send a message via AIM to one-headedboy
Thumbs up
they all work! thank you.

jdrawmeasheep
01-25-2010, 10:57 AM
Do you guys like bagels?

jdrawmeasheep
01-25-2010, 11:02 AM
Making a list is not scumhunting. Prodding people with questions and accusations and attempting to get responses is scumhunting.

All you suckasss are scumhunters :cool:

I Rule The School
01-25-2010, 11:05 AM
Making a list is not scumhunting. Prodding people with questions and accusations and attempting to get responses is scumhunting.

Okay. I'm going to accuse Gotham and go as far as

##LYNCH GOTHAM

on account of

Hey guys, sorry, I guess it does seem pretty scummy that I have only posted "I have arrived." Yes, unfortunately I do have a real life,

Seems like a good idea to admit that you sound dodgy.

I'll make sure to make my posts more informed from now on.

Hasn't posted since.

but it really seems at Mr or Mrs Aideee is all over the place in his/her stances, as explained by I Rule The School in previous posts.

Just recycles other people's ideas.

However, I must also note that I Rule The School and Player 1 seem a lil' scummy in how they can't deal with people not posting that much. Are they trying to direct all attention away from themselves to conceal their true identities? Maybe, maybe not. Most like not though.

Is very tentative. Accuses, but not really. Doesn't want to make any enemies.

Anyway, I would once again like to apologize for my absence and lack of clarity in my posts. I hardly have any time to post anymore on the forum in general,

Horrible argument against him I know, but even if he's town, he's not much help anyway.

Abel
01-25-2010, 11:06 AM
Yeah, but 1HB posted TODAY.Not in this thread. (http://www.e6townhall.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=4790&searchthreadid=16338)

IAmAnEngine
01-25-2010, 11:16 AM
I'm confused.

jdrawmeasheep
01-25-2010, 11:23 AM
I think the anti-Gotham argument is kind of a stretch. I mean, everything you've used against him could very well just be personality traits. And i've sorta always seen that in him (when he's not being extremely witty) such as the tentativeness. And we all know he comes and goes on a wishy washy schedule. As for the recycling, not everybody here has a large enough attention span to make those crazy mathmatical calculations about the percentages of being a townie for two games or whatever. And hey. The guy seems busy rehearsing for something. And. Yeah.

I'm not saying i'm completely pro-Gotham. I said the argument was a stretch, not that I didn't believe it. It seems like IRTS is kind of eager to lynch somebody....

jdrawmeasheep
01-25-2010, 11:25 AM
But then again, i'm eager too. Oh well. I gotz a mean streak going that can only be resolved with a fucking noose!!

:p

Player 1
01-25-2010, 11:47 AM
Not in this thread. (http://www.e6townhall.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=4790&searchthreadid=16338)

That link is wrong. I just noticed it. It's linking to his post history for game one. It's the same wrong link that's at the beggining of this thread. Fix that please IAAE? I haven't been through the rest of the links, but that one is definitely wrong.

one-headedboy
01-25-2010, 11:53 AM

Hi, I'm here. I've been keeping up on posts, but I have been swamped with work/studying (3 chemistry classes this semester). When I get home tonight I will post some sort of revelation.

Player 1
01-25-2010, 12:11 PM
List, from people I least feel like lynching, to the most.

Abel: Highly skeptical, but no way am I lynching him. If anyone here is able to be that clever of a mafia and be so active in scumhunting, it's him. So I'll reevaluate in a round or so. But right now he's our best asset to scum hunting/moving the game along.

jdrawmeasheep: Fairly sure townie, based mainly off of this:

While that could of course be a mafia trick...I have trouble believing that Aideee would bother with that kind of trick just to ask to be subbed out.

I Rule The School: Kind of the same reasoning as Abel here. You post enough that if you are mafia, I think I will be able to catch an inconsistency and get you in a later round. It might just be that you aren't good with math, but you definitely seem much more nervous in this round as opposed last. Hiding something? Either way, you move the game along, and I'm not sure enough to do anything about you this round.

fright_eyes: Plenty active, but no real scum hunting. Why is this? Personally, I'm leaning towards you just being a nice person who can't help but joke around all the time. And I do notice that you seem more social than you were last game(in which you were mafia), so I'm leaning town.

one-headedboy- Significantly less active than you were last game. Hiding something? For now I think I'll buy the "busy" story.

EarthlyCitizen- Suspicious about Dr. Umsandfire dropping out, as previously stated by me:

It's not enough to seriously implicate him, but it certainly has me wondering. He apparently thought he'd have the time, but was then mistaken. Was he assuming he'd be a townie, but was then assigned mafia and realized he couldn't handle the pressure? As a townie you can just spill your mind and be open all the time. I would think their is significantly more pressure on the mafia to keep all their lies in check. We'll just have to wait and see how the replacement behaves.

Since then his replacement has done nothing. Just said Hi.

Gotham: Quite a bit has been said against you, and you've yet to defend yourself much. I won't bother repeating everything IRTS already said...

King Bob: I accused you yesterday. You've yet to defend yourself. You're acting shockingly similar to the way you did last game. I stand by my decision to lynch you.

With the first lynching, it's likely that a mistake is made. While preferable that that doesn't happen, it's OK. We can still win with a false lynch or two. With King Bob, even if we're wrong, we're really not loosing much. And I think he's the most suspicious at this point anyway.

Abel
01-25-2010, 12:19 PM
Here's an updated list of links. Please copypasta (the code from quote) into the first post.

jdrawmeasheep (http://www.e6townhall.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=5093&searchthreadid=16468)
EarthlyCitizen (http://www.e6townhall.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=6025&searchthreadid=16468)
one-headedboy (http://www.e6townhall.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=4790&searchthreadid=16468)

For future reference, let's take a look at the code:

http://www.e6townhall.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=4790&searchthreadid=16468

This is where you put in the user ID number.

This is where you put in the thread ID number (16468 is Townhall Mafia Game II).

Abel
01-25-2010, 12:23 PM
I agree to an extent that King Bob is suspicious, but I'm not going to vote for him for real until we give him a chance to defend himself or start to play. However, if it comes down to the deadline, I may vote for him so that we can have a lynch before the day ends.

I Rule The School
01-25-2010, 12:28 PM
It seems like IRTS is kind of eager to lynch somebody....

(1) I think we only have 1 real-life day left and I think a no-lynch would help the mafia.
(2) I've been told to do some active scum-hunting and start accusing people to get reactions out of them, that's what I'm doing.

you definitely seem much more nervous in this round as opposed last. Hiding something?

No, but I don't like being accused right off the bat. Abel's been breathing down my neck right from the beginning. It's like I've got the teacher behind my back all the time, looking over my shoulder to see if I learned my maths lesson properly. It makes me twitchy. And then even though I did learn my lesson, I'm bound to fuck up because I get nervous. Two days from now I'm going to turn a lovely shade of red and start stammering. What can I say? This game is looking more and more like real life. :(

With the first lynching, it's likely that a mistake is made. While preferable that that doesn't happen, it's OK. We can still win with a false lynch or two. With King Bob, even if we're wrong, we're really not loosing much. And I think he's the most suspicious at this point anyway.

Agreed. Same applies to Gotham. If last game is anything to go by, the mafia will target the big mouths, and the town will target the silent ones. The only thing is that this time someone has to stick around long enough to get the Town to win.

I Rule The School
01-25-2010, 12:32 PM
Actually I think we may have (almost) two days left. A day and a half.
Game started on the 22nd at 3:21, we're on the 25th at 20:30.

jdrawmeasheep
01-25-2010, 12:36 PM
Yeah. Bob is looking probably most suspicious for me right now. But what about earthlycitizen?? I've seen hardly anything from em. Hmm.

Abel
01-25-2010, 12:36 PM
I was thinking we should make the day phase a little longer, at least a week or 10 days, but if IAAE thinks 5 days is enough, that's fine. Personally I think it's just going to make things harder for town to have to figure things out so fast.

I Rule The School
01-25-2010, 12:48 PM
Do you really think that people will contribute more if we make day phases longer, Abel? To me, it seems that either they're not really interested after all, or it's their tactics to play dead. I don't know. Maybe it's harder for people to check the thread at all on weekends? Though if you're at school or have a job, it would definitely be harder on weekdays... I don't know. I guess we can make the first day longer and see how it goes, especially since we've had two replacements already. It's the mod's decision, anyway.

fright_eyes
01-25-2010, 01:12 PM
fright_eyes: Plenty active, but no real scum hunting. Why is this? Personally, I'm leaning towards you just being a nice person who can't help but joke around all the time. And I do notice that you seem more social than you were last game(in which you were mafia), so I'm leaning town.

I think maybe I'm just not a very good player. When I can't think of anything significant to add to the hunt, I make a joke.

IAmAnEngine
01-25-2010, 01:12 PM
We'll let it go a week.

jdrawmeasheep
01-25-2010, 01:16 PM
Yeah uh during the week i'll only be around a computer from like 5pm-10pm so sorry in advance if i'm not around to contribute that much.

King Bob
01-25-2010, 02:05 PM
King Bob: I accused you yesterday. You've yet to defend yourself. You're acting shockingly similar to the way you did last game. I stand by my decision to lynch you.

Well, I guess the reason I don't post much is just that I never really have anything important to say.

I'll try and post more.

one-headedboy
01-25-2010, 03:07 PM
Well, I guess the reason I don't post much is just that I never really have anything important to say.

I'll try and post more.
The less you contribute, the more suspicious you are. Seems like scummy behavior to me: it looks like you're afraid of saying the wrong thing and getting caught. I'd say I'm watching you, but at this rate there's nothing to watch...

Yeah. Bob is looking probably most suspicious for me right now. But what about earthlycitizen?? I've seen hardly anything from em. Hmm.
I can see why you're suspicious of Bob, as he's been playing since the beginning and said barely anything. Why are you suspicious of EC? He just got subbed in. It seems to me you're a little eager to kill and you just got here.

I think the anti-Gotham argument is kind of a stretch. I mean, everything you've used against him could very well just be personality traits. And i've sorta always seen that in him (when he's not being extremely witty) such as the tentativeness. And we all know he comes and goes on a wishy washy schedule. As for the recycling, not everybody here has a large enough attention span to make those crazy mathmatical calculations about the percentages of being a townie for two games or whatever. And hey. The guy seems busy rehearsing for something. And. Yeah.

I'm not saying i'm completely pro-Gotham. I said the argument was a stretch, not that I didn't believe it. It seems like IRTS is kind of eager to lynch somebody....

Also why are you defending Gotham? Like I said, you just got here. He's had two posts, there's nothing to defend. IRTS is at least creating discussion and you're jumping on her. Pretty suspicious Jesse. She gave her reasons for why she's voted to lynch Gotham, but at least she has sound logic. You're basing your suspicions on IRTS on the fact that she's using logic. FoS on Jesse.

Fright_Eyes: Who are you most suspicious of at this point and why? How do you feel about the accusations made against you by Player 1?

Player 1: You claimed fright_eyes to be "muddling" around. Do you find this scummy behavior? If not, why bring it up? Is it possible you're scum yourself and attempting to stir up suspicion towards a townie?

one-headedboy
01-25-2010, 03:10 PM

I'll try and post more.

Also how can you say you have nothing to say? You have been accused of being mafia and are on the lynch list and you're still apathetic? You didn't even try to defend yourself in this post. Quite suspicious.

King Bob
01-25-2010, 03:13 PM
Also how can you say you have nothing to say? You have been accused of being mafia and are on the lynch list and you're still apathetic? You didn't even try to defend yourself in this post. Quite suspicious.

Well, the only reason people are accusing me of being in the mafia is because I'm not talking. So, saying that I have nothing important to say seems like a pretty good reason as to why I am not talking.

jdrawmeasheep
01-25-2010, 03:17 PM
I can see why you're suspicious of Bob, as he's been playing since the beginning and said barely anything. Why are you suspicious of EC? He just got subbed in. It seems to me you're a little eager to kill and you just got here.

I dunno. I guess I didn't pay attention to him just being subbed in. I though he had been here forevz. AND YOURE DAMN STRAIGHT I'M EAGER TO KILL!!!! I'm sorry. But i've been anxious to lynch someone since the first time I saw the first Townhall Mafia thread oh so long ago.

Also why are you defending Gotham? Like I said, you just got here. He's had two posts, there's nothing to defend. IRTS is at least creating discussion and you're jumping on her. Pretty suspicious Jesse. She gave her reasons for why she's voted to lynch Gotham, but at least she has sound logic. You're basing your suspicions on IRTS on the fact that she's using logic. FoS on Jesse.

I wasn't defending him, nor supporting IRTS. I was simply stating the counterargument as to why his activities were just coincidence. I was also hardly serious when i said that IRTS seemed eager to lynch him.

All in all, i'm just trying to talk for the sake of talking, so that it doesn't seem like I have something to hide. Theres already been suspicions about people's inactivity, so I feel like at this point in time, its best to offer some sort of oppinion. There really is no way to stay out of harms way though, so oh well.

jdrawmeasheep
01-25-2010, 03:21 PM
I haven't voted to lynch anyone yet, have I, Joe?!?! I'm trying not to jump to conclusions yet, unlike you. It seems like all you've done is speculate, and not offer any sort of counterargument or help to anyone you may think is innocent.

jdrawmeasheep
01-25-2010, 03:23 PM
FoS on Joe

suck it.

jdrawmeasheep
01-25-2010, 03:25 PM
Don't take that the wrong way though.
Damn I hate not being able to edit posts :(

Abel
01-25-2010, 03:33 PM
Well, the only reason people are accusing me of being in the mafia is because I'm not talking. So, saying that I have nothing important to say seems like a pretty good reason as to why I am not talking.Nah, here are some tips:

If you are town, ask questions, get people to talk, try to bring things to light, analyse behavior, etc.

If you are mafia, keep doing what you're doing, and I'll vote for your lynch in a little while.

I Rule The School
01-25-2010, 03:35 PM

Arguably the more you deny you're mafia, the more suspicious people get. So King Bob is very clever in that he is not trying to defend himself by saying "I'm not mafia, you're all wrong, you won't go to heaven if you lynch me!!!!!" like Morpheus did in the first game - but on the other hand, the only way to get out of a bad situation like this is to actually take 30 minutes of your time and go through posts and try to see if you can point your finger on someone else. King Bob isn't doing it. So either he really is mafia and thinks that it'll all blow over and keeps to his primary tactics which was to say very little so as not to say anything stupid, or he's town but he doesn't care if he gets lynched and if town loses (please note that I am not saying "we" lose because some ill-advised people think it's fishy). So whichever way, I like him for a lynching.

I Rule The School
01-25-2010, 03:39 PM
Well, the only reason people are accusing me of being in the mafia is because I'm not talking. So, saying that I have nothing important to say seems like a pretty good reason as to why I am not talking.

If you are not mafia, who do you think is? When do you think you'll have something important to say, if not now? Because this game looks like it's very close to being over for you.

Abel
01-25-2010, 03:41 PM
Let's take this opportunity to try to come to a consensus of who the potential cop should investigate and who the potential doctor should save. Everyone needs to weigh in on this.

At the moment, I think a cop investigation would be best spent on players who don't talk much. King Bob is probably the prime choice right now, unless we vote to lynch him; in which case, Gotham is probably good. The reason I think it's a good idea to investigate less active players is because it could be the only way we'll really get a scoop on them. We already have a way to interpret scummy behavior from people who are talking a lot, simply by analyzing the posts.

As for doctor, I'm not sure. My first choice would be myself, frankly, seeing what happened to willoughby in the last game after serving the role of instigator, but you also have to consider the fine play of Player 1 and other good contributions.

It's tough because coming to a consensus on the doctor almost guarantees that the mafia will try to kill someone else. However, townies picking someone for the doctor to save, if the doctor complies, will pretty much guarantee that that person will survive, even if we can't save everyone. On the other hand, if there is no doctor, the only way the mafia would find that out is if they take a chance on the player we choose, realizing that they may waste a nightkill in order to find out if there's a doc.

jdrawmeasheep
01-25-2010, 03:49 PM
So this cute little puppy walks into a bar. His paw is all bandadged up and bleeding. So he walks up to the bartender, sits on the stool and says, "i'm looking for the man who shot mah paww".

jdrawmeasheep
01-25-2010, 03:50 PM
I'm really not that suspicious of Gotham or Bob. I say the cop should go for Joe!

jdrawmeasheep
01-25-2010, 03:56 PM
I retract the last post. I'm most suspicious of King Bob. The king of the playground seems a little bit shady right about now..wheres Randall when you need him?!!? (Recess referance. Everybody laughs.)

fright_eyes
01-25-2010, 04:09 PM
Fright_Eyes: Who are you most suspicious of at this point and why? How do you feel about the accusations made against you by Player 1?

I'm curious about King Bob. He's either mafia or he's town but indifferent. He would be a good target for a day-one lynching for that reason. In the worst-case scenario, we would only have lost an inactive townie. On that note, ## LYNCH KING BOB

The accusations against me are sound. I don't do much scum-hunting and I make a lot of joke posts. I realize this makes me as weak a link as King Bob and therefore a possible lynch victim, and I'm ok with that. I'll try to be as helpful as I can and then when I'm dead I'll cheer you on from the grave. Go Team Town!

IAmAnEngine
01-25-2010, 04:16 PM
Vote count

Gotham 1
fright_eyes 1
King Bob 2

I Rule The School
01-25-2010, 04:20 PM
I disagree with the vote count, since I unlynched Aideeee, who dropped out, and voted to lynch Goham instead.

IAmAnEngine
01-25-2010, 04:21 PM
I disagree with the vote count, since I unlynched Aideeee, who dropped out, and voted to lynch Goham instead.

Oh shit, sorry.

jdrawmeasheep
01-25-2010, 04:26 PM
Fuck, i'm indecisive.

## LYNCH FRIGHT_EYES

I dunno. A hunch? A guess? Or a god given talent?

I Rule The School
I don't know if it's a good thing to discuss doctor strategies on here...
As for cop (sorry I can't quote when I'm posting from my phone), I asked for a report on Abel in one of my Sat. morning posts. My argument was that as the most knowledgeable player, he'd be very dangerous if he was mafia... that being said, investigating the quiet ones make perfect sense, too.
But as for your "save me" - kind of suspicious. Everyone but Aideeee wants to be saved. May the doctor remember not to waste a save on someone he could suspect. No use protecting the mafia from itself.

jdrawmeasheep
And Joe, yes, I am now a hypocrite.

IAmAnEngine
01-25-2010, 04:28 PM
Vote count

Gotham 1
fright_eyes 2
King Bob 2

I Rule The School
01-25-2010, 04:31 PM
My previous post only applies if there's a cop and/or a doctor. It kind of sucks we don't know the setup. It gives the mafia such a huge advantage! Sometimes I wonder if this game is even winnable (is that even a word?) for the Town.

I Rule The School
01-25-2010, 04:35 PM
ooooooooh, something just dawned on me... Abel you're so clever I may have to stop claiming I want Matt Friedberger's brain and pick yours instead. :)

fright_eyes
01-25-2010, 04:36 PM
Fuck, i'm indecisive.

## LYNCH FRIGHT_EYES

Abel voted to lynch me because he's not into BDSM. What's your logic?

one-headedboy
01-25-2010, 04:51 PM
I haven't voted to lynch anyone yet, have I, Joe?!?! I'm trying not to jump to conclusions yet, unlike you. It seems like all you've done is speculate, and not offer any sort of counterargument or help to anyone you may think is innocent.

I wouldn't call a finger of suspicion jumping to conclusions. I'm trying to create dialogue. I haven't voted to lynch anyone yet, whereas now you have. Lynching Fright_Eyes is def jumping to conclusions, let's look at your reasoning again:

Yeah that's sound logic right there man.

FoS on Joe

suck it.

You have every right to FoS me, you have no reason to trust me just as I have no reason to trust you. As of now, no one has any reason to trust anyone.

I'm really not that suspicious of Gotham or Bob. I say the cop should go for Joe!
I just want to understand, are you attacking me because I'm trying to create dialogue? Because I FoS'd you?

As far as I can see right now, Jdrawmeasheep, you've got some pretty scummy tactics. You've even declared yourself a hypocrite.

Abel
01-25-2010, 05:35 PM
I think you're mistaking the Townhall mafia game for the games you're playing on mafiascum.net. Drawing attention to the players who are actually active is only going to make this game end like the last one I'm afraid...Kind of late, but I just noticed this. Nah, the difference if that I'm drawing attention to active people during the day, not killing active people during the night.

I forget if I replied to this before:
Well, the only reason people are accusing me of being in the mafia is because I'm not talking. So, saying that I have nothing important to say seems like a pretty good reason as to why I am not talking.Ask more questions, start more discussion. Build material to work on.

Here are my up-to-date notes, everyone. I tried for the most part to be objective in recording how people are acting. ### denotes where the player substitution occurred. Things in quotes are paraphrasing of what the person said.

IRTS - "we can't figure anything out", "aideeee targets scumhunters", casts suspicion on inactives, "drums is town", uses insane number logic to clear Dr. Ums, says mafia lie low, can't prove own good faith, posts notes on people: "Abel should be investigated, P1 is town, Gotham is suspicious, FE has too much fun, aideeee is suspicious, KB is suspicious, OHB is town", stands by fuzzy math, suggests scumbuddy may have more important role than her, makes weak case on Gotham with immediate vote, doesn't like being interrogated, KB should be lynched whether he is mafia or useless town,

P1 - Questioning roleblocker, prefers N1 kill, "can't figure anything out", "Abel is dangerous b/c of experience", interrogates people, "agreement isn't bandwagoning", tries to get Gotham to talk more, "either Abel or IRTS is town", "KB is suspicious, acts like he did last game", makes list of notes: "Abel is dangerous but town, jdrawmeasheep is town (based on aideeee's lack of interest), IRTS is nervous town, FE is active lurking but town, OHB is less active than last game, EC is inactive and stole argument, Gotham is suspicious, KB is suspicious",

OHB - Stop being mod, quote and add more, casts suspicion on inactives, "metatalk is just a defense", more suspicion on inactives, trusts IRTS but thinks she may be linked to Drums, "can't prove innocence", accuses King Bob & P1 of bandwagon, responds to IRTS's list: "Don't lynch Abel, P1 is town, Gotham is suspicious, FE might be suspicious, aideeee is suspicious but new, KB is suspicious, IRTS is suspicious", less contribution is suspicious, "jdraw seems eager to kill", questions other players, calls jdraw on scummy behavior,

aideeee/jdrawmeasheep - Random voting is scummy, unfounded hunches vs OHB+IRTS, "people can't prove innocence", ### jokes around, Gotham suspicion is a stretch, talking for the sake of talking so that it doesn't seem he has something to hide, more jokes, votes without proof,

fright_eyes - "Nothing to go on", apology for garnering suspicion, "inactivity isn't scummy", "i have no insights", "i've found nothing suspicious", "IRTS seems town", echoes IRTS' thoughts on KB and votes him, agrees with suspicion against her,

DrUms/Earthly Citizen - Absent, "inactivity/lurking is scummy", ###

Gotham - Absent, IRTS & P1 are scummy for focusing on people who don't post much,

King Bob - Absent, defends aideeee weakly, agrees without own evidence, "don't have anything to say",

Abel
01-25-2010, 05:47 PM
Looking at jdrawmeasheep's erratic posts, it seems to me that he's trying to muddle our progress. He has voted on fright_eyes (who already had a vote against her) without any proof. Almost all of his posts are jokes intended, I think, to derail the investigation. He has also outright said that he's talking just to talk, to seem like he has nothing to hide. In the light of jdraw's behavior, I'm inclined to reevaluate aideeee's decision to leave the game: it wasn't out of boredom, it was because she/he was mafia and she couldn't handle the pressure of being suspected! She/he expressed the desire to leave the game because things had gotten too technical, i.e. too difficult.

##UNLYNCH FRIGHT_EYES

##LYNCH JDRAWMEASHEEP

He's been actively scummy, which is much worse than King Bob who claims to have nothing to say, and worse than fright_eyes who jokes but at least considered her vote a little more seriously before voting. What does everyone think of jdraw?

jdrawmeasheep
01-25-2010, 05:50 PM
I'm starting to see why my predecessor aideee dropped out. This really is starting to get technical/crazy. I guess i'm taking it all too lightly, or you guys are just really fucking in depth and have very large attention spans. I won't drop out, but I guess i'll stop trying to have fun with it, but i'm pretty sure that this is a game. I guess I was looking for a game of Candy Land but found out I was entered into a game of Risk or even Monopoly. Eh.

jdrawmeasheep
01-25-2010, 05:53 PM
So lynch me up, compadres!! Im already getting feelings from this anyways.

And i'm pretty sure that this statement will drive more people insane with psychoanalysis adventures and bubblegum fountains and uhh huh!

jdrawmeasheep
01-25-2010, 05:54 PM
*harsh feelings from this.

IAmAnEngine
Vote count

Gotham 1
fright_eyes 1
King Bob 2
jdrawmeasheep 1

jdrawmeasheep
Looking at jdrawmeasheep's erratic posts, it seems to me that he's trying to muddle our progress. He has voted on fright_eyes (who already had a vote against her) without any proof. Almost all of his posts are jokes intended, I think, to derail the investigation. He has also outright said that he's talking just to talk, to seem like he has nothing to hide. In the light of jdraw's behavior, I'm inclined to reevaluate aideeee's decision to leave the game: it wasn't out of boredom, it was because she/he was mafia and she couldn't handle the pressure of being suspected! She/he expressed the desire to leave the game because things had gotten too technical, i.e. too difficult.

p.s-i'm flattered that you think im that smart!! :D

Abel
01-25-2010, 05:58 PM
The "I don't care, lynch me" attitude is completely useless. If you really felt that way, you'd substitute out of the game instead of ruining it for everyone else by acting like scum and making us lynch you. Nah, that shit is scummy, dawg. I see it as a last attempt to guilt me into revoking my vote.

jdrawmeasheep
01-25-2010, 06:01 PM
The "I don't care, lynch me" attitude is completely useless. If you really felt that way, you'd substitute out of the game instead of ruining it for everyone else by acting like scum and making us lynch you. Nah, that shit is scummy, dawg. I see it as a last attempt to guilt me into revoking my vote.

I saw that you edited that post quick enough so that it wouldnt show!
And uh. I guess theres no way to go for me from here. I'll just stop talking..

jdrawmeasheep
01-25-2010, 06:02 PM
I may not be clever enough to pull the tactics i've been accused of, but I don't think i'm lame enough to pull a simple "whatever" card!

Abel
01-25-2010, 06:03 PM
As much as I'd like to placate you, I can't now. If I've got you cornered, you're just acting this way out of self preservation. I have to stick it to someone sometime!

jdrawmeasheep
01-25-2010, 06:05 PM
As much as I'd like to placate you, I can't now. If I've got you cornered, you're just acting this way out of self preservation. I have to stick it to someone sometime!

So would you like me to stop posting now? :rolleyes:

Abel
01-25-2010, 06:06 PM
No. If you're mafia, I'd like you to continue acting this way so more people vote for you. If you're a townie, I'd like for you to start playing the game and actually make me want to unvote you. I don't want to lynch a townie. By the way, you only have one vote against you, so it's kind of funny that you're acting erratic already.

fright_eyes
01-25-2010, 06:10 PM
I'm starting to see why my predecessor aideee dropped out. This really is starting to get technical/crazy. I guess i'm taking it all too lightly, or you guys are just really fucking in depth and have very large attention spans. I won't drop out, but I guess i'll stop trying to have fun with it, but i'm pretty sure that this is a game. I guess I was looking for a game of Candy Land but found out I was entered into a game of Risk or even Monopoly. Eh.

You know, I felt the same way during the first game because I was new and didn't really understand how to play -- also I was mafia, so I didn't bother to learn scum-hunting techniques. I'm still learning, I'm still new, and the game still seems more difficult than I'd initially expected, but I'm enjoying it anyway. Risk may not be the same type of fun as Candy Land, but it's got its perks.

jdrawmeasheep
01-25-2010, 06:13 PM
No. If you're mafia, I'd like you to continue acting this way so more people vote for you. If you're a townie, I'd like for you to start playing the game and actually make me want to unvote you. I don't want to lynch a townie. By the way, you only have one vote against you, so it's kind of funny that you're acting erratic already.

Awh geez. I was trying to avoid seeming erratic with the emoticons..bad idea I guess. So would you say my best way out is to post some percentages and maybe even make a pie chart?

Well! Somebody a while back said something about how pointing fingers is a good way out. So I will point an uneducated finger or two.

You/Abel have been pretty damned clever. Sneaky. Whatever. If you are mafia then we're all fucked.

EarthlyCitizen has given no proof or instigational stuff

Joe has been pretty accusational/suspicious.

IRTS has been trying to get down to the bottom of things, and like somebody said before, she's too important of an asset to loose this early, even if she is mafia.

Its true I had no real reason to lynch Fright_eyes, and at some point soon will probably unlynch her.

Bob and Gotham are on the same level of uncertainty for me right now.

I honestly don't even know who else is playing. So yup!

fright_eyes
01-25-2010, 06:13 PM
I saw that you edited that post quick enough so that it wouldnt show!
And uh. I guess theres no way to go for me from here. I'll just stop talking..

Wait, Abel edited a post? That's suspicious in itself.

jdrawmeasheep
01-25-2010, 06:16 PM
Yeah, I lynched early. I'll unlynch in a bit. I'll do some review. Sorry for being a bad player.

jdrawmeasheep
01-25-2010, 06:17 PM
Wait, Abel edited a post? That's suspicious in itself.

Yeah. As far as i know, he only edited the

part. But I only took a quick look at it. Whose to say it hasn't been done more than once though?

Abel
01-25-2010, 06:18 PM
Joe has been pretty accusational/suspicious.Explain how OHB has been suspicious. Accusing people with solid proof is a part of scumhunting. Accusing people without solid proof is a part of being mafia. If you can point out how his proof isn't solid, that would be a great lead.

jdrawmeasheep
01-25-2010, 06:18 PM
Abel u know ur not suposssed to edit posts u damn hypoctite last game i edited a post and u busted my ass!

Is that like a new breed termite or something?!

fright_eyes
01-25-2010, 06:20 PM
Abel u know ur not suposssed to edit posts u damn hypoctite last game i edited a post and u busted my ass!

I never thought I'd say this with a straight face, but Morpheus has a point. What did your original post say, Abel, and why did you feel the need to edit it?

Abel
01-25-2010, 06:22 PM
Wait, Abel edited a post? That's suspicious in itself.I just tacked on a bit at the end seconds after I made the original post. The rule exists so that people won't be able to remove incriminating text. As long as I edited it before anyone was able to reply, I don't see the problem.
Abel u know ur not suposssed to edit posts u damn hypoctite last game i edited a post and u busted my ass!You're not in the game, ignored.

IAmAnEngine
01-25-2010, 06:23 PM
You're not in the game, ignored.

Yes, you have no business in here Morpheus.

Abel
I never thought I'd say this with a straight face, but Morpheus has a point. What did your original post say, Abel, and why did you feel the need to edit it?jdrawmeasheep already explained what it said.

King Bob
As for doctor, I'm not sure. My first choice would be myself, frankly, seeing what happened to willoughby in the last game after serving the role of instigator, but you also have to consider the fine play of Player 1 and other good contributions.

I'm starting to think that maybe Abel is in the mafia. Everybody knows that Abel has the most experience, and it seems like he might be using that to his advantage. Like, he's saying that he is a valuable asset to the townies, so the doctor should protect him. And, he knows that the townies probably wouldn't lynch him, cause if he really isn't in the mafia, then we lost a very valuable asset.

Seems a little fishy, to me.

fright_eyes
01-25-2010, 06:26 PM
I just tacked on a bit at the end seconds after I made the original post. The rule exists so that people won't be able to remove incriminating text. As long as I edited it before anyone was able to reply, I don't see the problem.

The problem is that some of us didn't get a chance to see the original. For all we know, you made a slip-up, realized it seconds later, and edited it out before anyone noticed. Personally I don't think that's likely, but you get the point. We can't be too careful. Trust no one. The truth is out there.

jdrawmeasheep
01-25-2010, 06:27 PM
Explain how OHB has been suspicious. Accusing people with solid proof is a part of scumhunting. Accusing people without solid proof is a part of being mafia. If you can point out how his proof isn't solid, that would be a great lead.

It seems to me you're a little eager to kill and you just got here.

Accusing me without that much of a cause. I didn't know that EC got subbed in. Its probably a bad excuse though.

I did not 'jump' on IRTS at all. He's exaggerating details to make me out to be a shady sonofabitch.

Fright_Eyes:[/B] Who are you most suspicious of at this point and why? How do you feel about the accusations made against you by Player 1?

Player 1: You claimed fright_eyes to be "muddling" around. Do you find this scummy behavior? If not, why bring it up? Is it possible you're scum yourself and attempting to stir up suspicion towards a townie?
^^
Notice how he threw in the questions to the people he thought were innocent at the end, making it look like he wasn't being totally accusational like I had accused him of being previous to this post. It was his first attempt of being on someone else's side, and it was right after I accused him.

Shaky reasons, I know. But so far nobody really hasthat much to go on.

IAmAnEngine
01-25-2010, 06:30 PM
As weird as it is to be scolding Abel, Don't be editin' your posts fool.

jdrawmeasheep
01-25-2010, 06:30 PM
Accusing me without that much of a cause. I didn't know that EC got subbed in. Its probably a bad excuse though.

I did not 'jump' on IRTS at all. He's exaggerating details to make me out to be a shady sonofabitch.

Player 1:You claimed fright_eyes to be "muddling" around. Do you find this scummy behavior? If not, why bring it up? Is it possible you're scum yourself and attempting to stir up suspicion towards a townie?
^^
Notice how he threw in the questions to the people he thought were innocent at the end, making it look like he wasn't being totally accusational like I had accused him of being previous to this post. It was his first attempt of being on someone else's side, and it was right after I accused him.

Shaky reasons, I know. But so far nobody really hasthat much to go on.

That was how that post was supposed to look. sorry.

jdrawmeasheep
01-25-2010, 06:31 PM
^^
damn. that ones fucked up too. i think you guys know what i mean.

jdrawmeasheep
01-25-2010, 06:32 PM
I'm starting to think that maybe Abel is in the mafia. Everybody knows that Abel has the most experience, and it seems like he might be using that to his advantage. Like, he's saying that he is a valuable asset to the townies, so the doctor should protect him. And, he knows that the townies probably wouldn't lynch him, cause if he really isn't in the mafia, then we lost a very valuable asset.

Seems a little fishy, to me.

I can dig it

Abel
01-25-2010, 06:35 PM

Seems a little fishy, to me.I didn't say I was an asset based on my experience. The reason I gave for the doctor to protect me or P1 (or IRTS or OHB for that matter) is that we're the willoughbies of this game.

The problem is that some of us didn't get a chance to see the original. For all we know, you made a slip-up, realized it seconds later, and edited it out before anyone noticed. Personally I don't think that's likely, but you get the point. We can't be too careful. Trust no one. The truth is out there.Understood, I should have just made a new post, but I have a habit of editing so much on forums and I instinctively clicked the button and was too lazy to go back knowing it had only been a couple seconds since the post was made anyway.

Accusing me without that much of a cause.I'm also not a fan of the "eager to kill" accusation. It's a good accusation when the person in question performs the final vote to lynch a townie, but to use it as an accusation otherwise is kind of melodramatic.

It was his first attempt of being on someone else's side, and it was right after I accused him. These are both good points (buddying, retribution). However, I have to admit I felt as though the bitchfight between you two seemed somewhat contrived, as how I'd imagine scumbuddies performing so that nobody suspects they are associated with one another.

one-headedboy
01-25-2010, 06:36 PM

I think that is a bad excuse. You can't go accusing randomly without having your facts straight.

[/quote]

Fright_Eyes:[/B] Who are you most suspicious of at this point and why? How do you feel about the accusations made against you by Player 1?

^^

[/QUOTE]

I don't see how creating dialogue is that suspicious. I'm trying to get people to talk here.

Your first two posts:

Do you guys like bagels?

All you suckasss are scumhunters :cool:

No dialogue, no substance, just muck. Frankly, you didn't really start talking until I FoS'd you. That was the point Jdraw, to get you to start talking. And it has. And you continued when Abel had you in the corner.

Do you see what I mean about creating dialogue yet?

one-headedboy
01-25-2010, 06:38 PM
I'm also not a fan of the "eager to kill" accusation. It's a good accusation when the person in question performs the final vote to lynch a townie, but to use it as an accusation otherwise is kind of melodramatic.

look:

It seems like IRTS is kind of eager to lynch somebody....

Followed immediately by:

But then again, i'm eager too. Oh well. I gotz a mean streak going that can only be resolved with a fucking noose!!

:p

one-headedboy
01-25-2010, 06:39 PM
I just call 'em as I see 'em.

Abel
01-25-2010, 06:40 PM
Obviously a joke, even though jokes are suspicious, too, but for other reasons.

fright_eyes
01-25-2010, 06:41 PM
I didn't say I was an asset based on my experience. The reason I gave for the doctor to protect me or P1 (or IRTS or OHB for that matter) is that we're the willoughbies of this game.

That first mafia game was legendary. Years from now, Townhall Mafia players will say to each other, "looks like we've got a few willoughbies in this game" and "don't be a morpheus!"

King Bob
01-25-2010, 06:43 PM
I didn't say I was an asset based on my experience. The reason I gave for the doctor to protect me or P1 (or IRTS or OHB for that matter) is that we're the willoughbies of this game.

What exactly do you mean by "willoighbies of this game"? If you mean that you are an asset, that is basically what I said. You maybe not be an asset because you have more experience, but because you are a good player. And, you being a good player still supports my accusation.

Abel
01-25-2010, 06:46 PM
What exactly do you mean by "willoighbies of this game"? If you mean that you are an asset, that is basically what I said. You maybe not be an asset because you have more experience, but because you are a good player. And, you being a good player still supports my accusation.I mean people who scumhunt and try to bring order to things, as well as people who are called scumhunters and townies by others. Transparent townies are the most susceptible to mafia attack, let's face it. Someone else said they'd rather not discuss Doc strategy in the thread, and nobody else has really had anything to say about it, so I'm fine with leaving it completely up to the Doctor in the case that there is one. I just hope the doc doesn't protect, you know, you or something.

Morpheus
01-25-2010, 06:50 PM
That first mafia game was legendary. Years from now, Townhall Mafia players will say to each other, "looks like we've got a few willoughbies in this game" and "don't be a morpheus!"

how dare u! im no morpheus im a SUPER MORPHEUS:mad::mad::mad::mad:

King Bob
01-25-2010, 06:50 PM
how dare u! im no morpheus im a SUPER MORPHEUS:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Stop being such a morpheus.