PDA

View Full Version : Townhall Mafia

Pages : [1] 2

Abel
01-04-2010, 08:18 PM
I will be running a game of Mafia here. For those of you who don't know:
Mafia is a game with two basic teams: the "town" and the "mafia." The town is always the larger of the two groups (typically 2.5-3 times the size of the mafia), but they suffer from a lack of information. In general, no member of the town knows any of his teammates, and is therefore put into a position where s/he cannot trust anyone. Each townie is inherently dangerous, because they have a vote, which they can cast at any other player. If a majority of players vote for a single player at any time, that player is lynched. S/he is then "dead" and can no longer participate in the game.

The mafia members, on the other hand, do know the identities of each other member, which gives them enormous potential power. They will never be put into a position where they must risk losing a team member unknowingly. In addition, they have the ability to nightkill a player.

The game is divided into days and nights. Days are the times when conversations in the thread take place. Any player may generally post any opinions, ideas, or lies they feel like posting, as long as they are within the guidelines set forth by the mod. This may include accusations, arguments, defenses, speculation, and most importantly, votes. Once a player is lynched by a majority, the Day - which may take weeks to conclude – ends. The game enters a period of Night, during which the mafia may converse via PM, and the mod will manage any abilities, such as nightkills. The mafia’s conversations will eventually end with a decision as to who to nightkill; the final choice is sent to the mod. That player is then "dead" and may no longer participate.

Any number of other abilities may also be used, though these are specific to each game. One of the more common roles with abilities include cops, which can investigate a player each night by sending that name to the mod. The mod will then respond to that player with a result of innocent or guilty – an indicator of whether or not a player is a member of the mafia. Another common role is the doc, who can send in the name of a player at night with the hope of defending them. If that player would have been killed that night, the doc's ability prevents the kill.

Many mafia games have themes that make them very interesting to play in. Game mods often go to great length to make games saturated with flavor, which often bleeds into game mechanics. Thus, every game is different, and some of them are very complex. Strategies and counter-strategies have been developed for hundreds of situations, and yet, the thrill of uncertainty that made the original game so exciting to play is still present. Go sign up for a game, and see what the craze is all about!Don't worry about the extra abilities and such. I want to try just the basic mafia formula for the first game. I've never run one of these before, so I need to make sure I'm covering all the bases. In the future, we can try variants which will be explained before the game.

For now, I just need people to sign up. Say in this thread if you want to participate, and I will eventually make a new thread with the "story" in which the game will take place. I'll also include links that will automatically bring up every post each user has made in the thread so that people can examine each other's behaviors and stuff. Should be cool.

Also if you guys want to check out other games of mafia being played on forums, go here: http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=186

They have a shitload of mafia games on there. Might be good to get an idea of how it works. I've never played there, but the sites I've been to use it as a model and so am I.

Another excellent mafia resource (Wiki-style): http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

ESMEOLYVE
01-04-2010, 08:22 PM
I want to play! I love this game, it reminds me of summer camp.

Woodly
01-04-2010, 08:30 PM
I want to play!

one-headedboy
01-04-2010, 08:30 PM
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

IAmAnEngine
01-04-2010, 08:32 PM
I'll play!

laser cats
01-04-2010, 08:33 PM
siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Abel
01-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Also if you guys want to check out other games of mafia being played on forums, go here: http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=186

They have a shitload of mafia games on there. Might be good to get an idea of how it works. I've never played there, but the sites I've been to use it as a model and so am I.

Akryllic Love
01-04-2010, 08:36 PM
I'll play.

Morpheus
01-04-2010, 08:38 PM
me join

Abel
01-04-2010, 09:13 PM
After reading more, I'm thinking of perhaps adding a Cop and/or a Doctor to the setup. A cop is a player who can send me the name of one player for each night phase and I will have to reveal if that player is a townperson or a mafia member (only to the cop). The doctor is a player who can send me the name of one player each night phase that they want to safeguard from being murdered (e.g. a doctor picks person A, so if mafia decide to murder person A, person A will be saved from death).

Of course, only the doctor will really know he is the doctor, and only the cop will really know he is the cop. Other people can pretend to be a cop or doctor, so a cop knowing who a mafia member is doesn't automatically mean the mafia member will be lynched that night.

What do you guys think? Cop and doctor, or should we just play a straightforward town vs. mafia game the first time?

King Bob
01-04-2010, 09:27 PM
I'll play.

Birds...The silent killer
01-04-2010, 09:29 PM
I'm in. Let's use the cop and doctor thing.

Abel
01-04-2010, 09:34 PM
It depends on how many people we have playing, but if there are enough then having a cop and doctor will be easier to balance with a proportional amount of mafia. I found a good point-based role system to help me set it up.

Also, this is a great resource of articles to read through if you want to know more about the strategy and everything related to playing the game (there are several "articles" in a row): http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?p=3645507#post3645507

Another excellent mafia resource (Wiki-style): http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

fright_eyes
01-04-2010, 09:50 PM
I'm confused, but I'll play.

Abel
01-04-2010, 09:57 PM
When I assign you guys roles via PM I'll include links to the precise explanations of those roles, so things should be a little clearer by the time we start playing if you're confused now.

Abel
01-04-2010, 10:22 PM
By the way we already have enough people to play a good balanced game of mafia, so I'm closing signups tomorrow at noon EST (12 hours from now).

Nico
01-04-2010, 10:23 PM
I'll play unless it screws up your balance. Then I don't care.

drumsandfire
01-04-2010, 10:33 PM
Let me in on this.

Abel
01-04-2010, 10:39 PM
I can find a balance no matter what happens now, don't worry. I just hope that the guide I'm trusting is an accurate account of game balance.

Also, don't forget that participation in the game will require at least somewhat frequent posting. Daily is preferred for best results, but a day phase won't pass until every player has cast a vote or novote (unless we want to make a time limit, like one week per day phase).

Player 1
01-04-2010, 11:10 PM
I'm in.

Thanks for spreading the word to the oM province.

Abel
01-04-2010, 11:19 PM
No problem, Player 1.

Also found a flash guide to mafia, if people want to learn in a graphic-friendly way: http://mikeburnfire.sitesled.com/mafiascum04.swf

Just trying to make sure everyone knows what's going down.

fright_eyes
01-04-2010, 11:40 PM
This sounds like fun! I'm excited. When does the game begin?

Abel
01-04-2010, 11:43 PM
Some time tomorrow afternoon, probably right around noon after the signups are over.

IAmAnEngine
01-05-2010, 12:04 AM
I am extremely excited for this.

Abel
01-05-2010, 12:56 AM
Me too, me too. The only downside is that I don't get to play, but next game!

IAmAnEngine
01-05-2010, 01:02 AM
Me too, me too. The only downside is that I don't get to play, but next game!

What are you talking about!? You get to play god ;)

I Rule The School
01-05-2010, 01:34 AM
I'm in, if I'm not too late.

willoughby
01-05-2010, 04:48 AM
me too :)

jesicka
01-05-2010, 08:59 AM
Hmm.... yes.

Abel
01-05-2010, 09:18 AM
Okay, I'm closing registration because with any more players, this might become too hard for so many inexperienced players (just because other sites recommend that a person's first game should have between 7 and 9 people to keep things simple). I'll be sending out role PMs shortly and will introduce the story in the new thread I make.

Abel
01-05-2010, 10:08 AM
The game thread is made, and PMs have been sent. I need all participants to respond to my PM to let me know that you got it, understand your role, and will be playing ASAP.

http://e6townhall.com/showthread.php?t=16338

TheSunAndTheRainfall
01-05-2010, 03:12 PM
Aw damn, I was too late. :<

Abel
01-05-2010, 03:52 PM
I'll tell you what, if there's anyone who doesn't get back to me in time, you can have their spot. That applies to anyone else who wants to go on a waiting list. I'm still waiting to hear from a handful of people.

willoughby
01-05-2010, 03:56 PM
might be worthwhile having some ready made replacements anyway going by what I've seen elsewhere... I'm sceptical that we're going to be as cruel as those other games mind you - it's like fecking Lord of the Flies on some of them. :eek:

Abel
01-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Well being aggressive is necessary sometimes in order to get any substance out in the open to work with, so I simply advise people not to take accusations to heart but play to win.

willoughby
01-05-2010, 04:07 PM
aggressive is necessary sometimes

hmmm... I'm not completely convinced, but we shall see. I'm reading one and thinking "you know who this game could do with? Columbo, that's who..."

Christina_isn't_creative
01-05-2010, 04:41 PM
even though i've always hated this game, i wish i could play in a thread.

King Bob
01-05-2010, 05:22 PM
By the way, thanks for organizing this, Abel.

Abel
01-05-2010, 05:24 PM
No problem, I just hope I don't fuck something up since I have no experience hosting.

willoughby
01-05-2010, 05:30 PM
If you can mobilise a White Christmas Album then this'll be eezy peezy

Abel
01-05-2010, 07:16 PM
Backups:
TheSunAndTheRainfall
Christina_isn't_creative
abgcunited11

I might want to start the game tomorrow at noon, so if the remaining people haven't responded to their roles by then, I'll hand them off to you guys in that order. Also, if people become inactive or want to drop out during the game, you can take their places.

Abel
01-06-2010, 08:47 AM
For the record, I have been and will be taking every precaution not to give the mafia or anyone away based on the times they were logged in (e.g. posting the townie PM times in the second post). I did start the game some time after receiving the final PM I was waiting for, but remember that everyone had to PM me back regardless of their role. I just want to say this so that the game is played based on the discussion and not on gleaning info from my modding, since that would make me involved more than I should be.

willoughby
01-06-2010, 09:07 AM
I don't think you've done anything wrong at all Abel - s'up to the mafia to cover their tracks. All's fair in love and war, no?

In the games I've read - monitoring lurkers and posting behaviour is a key element, and it's hopefully going to start some proper action. I'd much rather be scrutinizing what people are saying, but you know what it's like... wake up in Europe and there's only two of us around until the middle of the afternoon. Gotta start somewhere and say something :)

Can this be shifted across to the actual thread? I feel like it's an important part of the bigger picture.

Abel
01-06-2010, 09:11 AM
Eh, I've referred people to this thread in several of my posts already, so if anyone's interested in talking about the mechanics of the game they can just look here. You're doing a fine job starting things up in the thread though.

Oh, and about bumping someone off to start the game being a flaw: there are variations where the game starts in the day or starts in a no-kill night, but those are usually only used for smaller games (i.e. 7 to 9 people). I like having someone killed right away because it gives some ground for discussion, whereas I've seen a lot of day-starts putter around for a long time without any good discussion. I'm assuming we will continue playing mafia after this game is over, so Woodly will get another chance if he wants it.

Also I noticed a few people are saying they want to vote for Birds...The silent killer. If you want to make that official, use the official format I showed:

##LYNCH BIRDS...THE SILENT KILLER

Remember, you have to do this for your lynch votes or I won't consider it a real vote. Maybe you guys already knew that.

p.s I take it we would have found out if Woodly was a doc or detective and the mafia had gotten lucky on their first hit?That is correct, you would have found out.

willoughby
01-06-2010, 09:40 AM
Haha, it's almost impossible to talk about this without talking about the actual game itself...

I guess it's just personal preference about the opening kill - personally I don't see the difference (apart from someone misses out). Someone dies and we're all none the wiser or nobody dies and we're still all none the wiser. Having a random lynch round at the start probably would take longer, but then we've got a 5 day limit anyway haven't we? (a very good idea... I read one yesterday where day 2 went on for months).

One question - can we unlynch if we change our minds? One format I saw used vote/unvote and you could do this as often as you wanted. If there's no majority by the deadline it goes to a no-lynch. I like the idea of this being a useful tool for both mafia and townies... people getting pressurised to like -2 and are forced to spill the beans about something, or lie their way out of trouble.

If there's no unlynch then it's a little unfair on the townies who will necessarily have to leave their vote as late as possible and be definite, and also remove a useful tool for skilled mafia to jump between folk or manipulate the vote. Also it might keep the number of no-lynch's down if people have to disappear during the deadline.

All in all though I think you've done a fine job so far Mr Mod. These are just my thoughts about the mechanics of the game.

:)

Abel
01-06-2010, 09:46 AM
The thing that you might be overlooking about having the mafia kill in the beginning is that it gives them a dirty conscience. Otherwise we start the game with nobody having done anything and it's even harder to tell from discussion who's who. Mafia has always started with a kill when I played it IRL, and it always made sense because a town wouldn't be up in arms trying to find killers who haven't killed.

It also gives people an opportunity to assess the mafia's motives in killing that specific person, to cast accusations around, etc. Otherwise there's nothing to accuse people with.

I Rule The School
01-06-2010, 10:18 AM
I feel stupid for asking, but mafia and townies are casting their votes by PM, right? Because otherwise they'll know and it'd ruin the game, right?
Also, can you confirm we have 5 real days ahead of us? Is it like a standard rule for this game or you just made it up? Just saying because it seems kind of long, it's going to be hard to remember who said what 5 days ago... Maybe I should take notes. :cool:

Abel
01-06-2010, 10:27 AM
Votes are to be cast in the thread in plain view of everyone. I'm not sure what you mean by "they'll know and it'd ruin the game" so if you have any doubts I'll try to clear them up.

The 5-day limit is just a safeguard - if people participate actively, we could probably have a majority vote in a day or two. Like Willoughby pointed out, sometimes other games take absolutely forever to move just one day. It's not a rule I made up, but it's one you can use.

Abel
01-06-2010, 10:31 AM
haha abel dude, you spend too much time on here...I don't really spend that much time on here relative to other people. I'm nowhere near the top of the list of chatbox users or posts per day. It's just that when you try to do fun things in your spare time or make posts longer than 10 words, people try to bring you down to feel better about themselves.

I Rule The School
01-06-2010, 10:48 AM
Votes are to be cast in the thread in plain view of everyone. I'm not sure what you mean by "they'll know and it'd ruin the game" so if you have any doubts I'll try to clear them up.

What I mean is, the Mafia obviously didn't vote in the thread... so I was guessing townies wouldn't either, otherwise it kind of makes it obvious they're townies and not mafia. Or maybe the mafia can vote twice - as townies in plain sight and by PM? yeah, that's got to be the rule... but it's still a weird one.

The 5-day limit is just a safeguard - if people participate actively, we could probably have a majority vote in a day or two. Like Willoughby pointed out, sometimes other games take absolutely forever to move just one day. It's not a rule I made up, but it's one you can use.

OK, that makes sense.

Abel
01-06-2010, 10:49 AM
What I mean is, the Mafia obviously didn't vote in the thread... so I was guessing townies wouldn't either, otherwise it kind of makes it obvious they're townies and not mafia. Or maybe the mafia can vote twice - as townies in plain sight and by PM? yeah, that's got to be the rule... but it's still a weird one. Mafia send me their choice via PM on who to kill each Night phase. During the day, mafia pretend to be townies and will vote just like other townies. The whole point is that townies are trying to figure out who among them is mafia, and mafia are trying to divert attention from themselves and trying to use the lynching to their advantage to lynch non-mafia.

I have a feeling some people don't really understand the purpose of the game yet, but like a lot of good things it takes practice, so this can be considered an experiment if not a fully functional game.

Player 1
01-06-2010, 12:58 PM
Also found a flash guide to mafia, if people want to learn in a graphic-friendly way: http://mikeburnfire.sitesled.com/mafiascum04.swf

Just trying to make sure everyone knows what's going down.

I went through that tutorial yesterday, and it helped a lot. Judging by other people's questions, it seems I'm less confused then most. So I'd recommend going through that too.

IAmAnEngine
01-06-2010, 01:07 PM
Also I noticed a few people are saying they want to vote for Birds...The silent killer. If you want to make that official, use the official format I showed:

##LYNCH BIRDS...THE SILENT KILLER

Remember, you have to do this for your lynch votes or I won't consider it a real vote. Maybe you guys already knew that.
That is correct, you would have found out.

Yeah, I didn't really want to vote for birds, thats why I didn't use the format! Aw yeah for not lynching right away.

IAmAnEngine
01-06-2010, 01:13 PM
I'm also getting in the habit of forcing myself to double post instead of editing my stuff.

one-headedboy
01-06-2010, 01:17 PM
Yeah, I didn't really want to vote for birds, thats why I didn't use the format! Aw yeah for not lynching right away.

I don't think anything should really be done until Ian posts in here...but....
PO5ifLzLYiU

possible evidence?

King Bob
01-06-2010, 01:19 PM
Are we allowed to delete posts?

fright_eyes
01-06-2010, 01:20 PM
PO5ifLzLYiU

possible evidence?

:eek:

one-headedboy
01-06-2010, 01:24 PM
PO5ifLzLYiU

possible evidence?

OH FUCK WRONG THRED. I'LL FIX It.

willoughby
01-06-2010, 01:27 PM
No!

Go and read the rules! There are loads of links on this thread. It'll only take 15-20 mins. And take another 5 to read an example - you'll get more out of it that way.

However - could still do with clarification on can we eg. LYNCH X on a post then as long as the prime suspect doesn't tip over the majority (in this case 8) in another post, UNVOTE X, VOTE Y...? I might be totally wrong, but that seems like a crucial element to the game.

Also we still need clarification on whether if a townie gets killed it will be revealed if they had a special role eg. doc or detective? Like "oh yeah, well done guys, we just hung our own doc... damnit"

Abel
01-06-2010, 01:34 PM
Yeah, I think I said in the other thread when explaining the voting that you can change your vote at any time. As soon as the voting tips over the majority, though, there is no vote changing allowed.

When a person is killed, their true affiliation will be revealed. Also said this.

And yeah, you can't edit or delete posts. I'll probably have to remove you from the game if it happens. Also said this.

I might have to draw up a more focused list of rules and procedures, I think that would help out. I will call it a FAQ and tell people to READ IT.

willoughby
01-06-2010, 01:57 PM
ah shit, sorry man

now I feel like a pest

cool on all fronts now though

:)

Abel
01-06-2010, 02:04 PM
I updated the first post in the game thread with a clearer set of procedures and rules. Still, let me know if there's something else you think of, and I will add an explanation.

http://e6townhall.com/showthread.php?p=246835#post246835

Abel
01-06-2010, 02:11 PM
i said the same thing twice man cooloffStill, you have to leave it. I don't want to see another "Last edited by..." under your posts again, because we can't always take your word for what was there.

willoughby
01-06-2010, 04:22 PM
Abel, as God this must be pretty immense to watch unfold.

willoughby
01-07-2010, 04:37 AM
Wait, have I just royally fucked up?

I went back to the last vote count where it was 5 Birds and 5 Morpheus - I missed the One-Headed Boy switch vote to Morpheus putting him on 6, then me and IRuleTheSchool both voted Morpheus this morning taking him onto the 8 needed for a lynch.

At this point I thought it was still 7 and have posted again when really the Day has finished, right? So I shouldn't be posting anything?

I realise that's a pretty serious fuck-up, but the whole One-Headed Boy appearing in the no lynch and the Vote Birds genuinely threw me and I thought my vote was the 7th. I originally read Abel's 5 v 5 so when OHB switched to Morpheus without ever saying "Unlynch Birds/One-HeadedBoy" I just assumed he was one of the original 5 in the Morpheus vote. Don't know what to do now - not sure if the right thing is to delete my post or let it stand... probably best to wait for Abel to wake up and sort this mess out.

Feck. Sorry folks.

I Rule The School
01-07-2010, 05:50 AM
I don't think it matters that much, Foxy... Abel told us not to pay too much attention to the votes... I'd say that as long as he doesn't call it a day (haha), we can go on posting. Not that we have any real reason too as alea jacta est.

willoughby
01-07-2010, 05:57 AM
I guess... the rules on the front page say "the day ends when a majority vote is reached" though

It's just I didn't realise we were getting to 8. I would have still voted the way I did and posted the subsequent post anyway, only I'd have done them the other way around if I'd known.

Oh well, we shall see.

one-headedboy
01-07-2010, 07:20 AM
Wait, have I just royally fucked up?

I went back to the last vote count where it was 5 Birds and 5 Morpheus - I missed the One-Headed Boy switch vote to Morpheus putting him on 6, then me and IRuleTheSchool both voted Morpheus this morning taking him onto the 8 needed for a lynch.

At this point I thought it was still 7 and have posted again when really the Day has finished, right? So I shouldn't be posting anything?

I realise that's a pretty serious fuck-up, but the whole One-Headed Boy appearing in the no lynch and the Vote Birds genuinely threw me and I thought my vote was the 7th. I originally read Abel's 5 v 5 so when OHB switched to Morpheus without ever saying "Unlynch Birds/One-HeadedBoy" I just assumed he was one of the original 5 in the Morpheus vote. Don't know what to do now - not sure if the right thing is to delete my post or let it stand... probably best to wait for Abel to wake up and sort this mess out.

Feck. Sorry folks.

great job. YOU RUINED EVERYTHING. YOU BETTER FEEL ASHAMED. :mad:

willoughby
01-07-2010, 07:43 AM
Ashamed that I never noticed you weren't following the rules. That's why I royally fucked up. It's all your fault!

Well... partly your fault, partly Abel's, and mostly mine. ;)

Abel
01-07-2010, 07:55 AM
In my understanding, if you were willing to give the 7th vote for Morpheus, you may as well been willing to give the 8th. Sorry for the slip up, but I had explained and apologized for it last night.

fright_eyes
01-07-2010, 11:21 AM
Morpheus is nacking with the angels now.

laser cats
01-07-2010, 11:41 AM
I secretly hope I get killed so I can change my mood to Dead.

Abel
01-07-2010, 09:43 PM
I think for the next game we play, we should cap the player limit to 9. For games that have a lot of "newbies," I'm reading at this mafia site, it's much easier to have a smaller game to understand the mechanics of it all. They've played close to 900 newbie games like this and have improved their setup formula over the years, so I trust how they do it. If there is enough interest (and I think there will be considering how many people signed up for this game and how many others wanted to sign up) we could just have two 9-player games going at the same time. The role distribution in the games works in a format where any of these choices gives an equal chance to the two opposing sides:

1 mafia goon + 1 mafia roleblocker vs. 1 cop + 1 doctor + 5 vanilla townies
2 mafia goons vs. 1 cop + 6 vanilla townies
2 mafia goons vs. 1 doctor + 6 vanilla townies
1 mafia goon + 1 mafia roleblocker vs. 7 vanilla townies

The point of the roleblocker in the last one being that it's required as an option, otherwise the roleblocker will know for certain that there is a cop or doctor on the other side.

Anyway, just an idea to throw out there if people want to play this again. I hope we do because A) I want to play next time and B) it's definitely a game that gets more fun when the people playing are more experienced. And it's also really cool that we are all starting from scratch here so nobody has a distinct advantage, so the gameplay mechanics will evolve in an interesting way if we keep playing here.

I Rule The School
01-08-2010, 01:47 AM
I like the idea of not having too many people to start with... :)

This formula sounds good :
1 mafia goon + 1 mafia roleblocker vs. 1 cop + 1 doctor + 5 vanilla townies

willoughby
01-08-2010, 06:28 AM
I agree, 1 mafia goon + 1 mafia roleblocker vs. 1 cop + 1 doctor + 5 vanilla townies makes the best balanced set-up for a 9 player game.

I also saw there's a role called Godfather that looks pretty neat, but I think it would then need to involve more than 9 folk, Godfather and two goons, one with role-blocking abilities - Godfather ability I think was that they vanished in the night making them impossible to be investigated, so could only be lynched. I mean, what's a mafia without a Godfather?

I'm hoping the game picks up and keeps going. I think you've done as good a job as you could possibly have done Abel in setting up a new game for 16 newbies. My main gripe - and its not so much a gripe since I'm not convinced everyone knew what they were getting into - is the conflict about how to play it. Fuck I feel all Spock-like all of a sudden. I can see the logic in playing it "for fun", lynching to keep the game moving, not reading the rules properly, not reading the posts properly, but at the same time I reckon the experience of a properly played game, not rushing, everyone involved, paranoia flowing would be more worthwhile.

There's a time for a Big Mac and fries, and a time for a gourmet dinner I guess is what I'm saying. I kinda like both, I guess I'm just feeling like how you would feel in a swanky diner if you ordered a hamburger and got something from Maccie Ds. Too serious? Probably.

I'd consider coming back to play again if we could split the two games between these two ways of playing it. The main problem you're going to have though is who would really want to (or be able to) orchestrate a game. I don't think I could be arsed with the hassle of telling people not to edit, or post during the night etc. Mind you, someone out there might enjoy playing God. It's a whole other experience I guess if you know who is what and can see how it's unfolding.

Anyway for now I'll just be a fox on the fence quietly cheering the remaining townies on.

Do it for Woodly!

s

Abel
01-08-2010, 09:05 AM
I don't really think it's about playing God, but I'm trying to cover all of the bases with the first game so that it gives people an example to use when they mod the next ones (e.g. they can use my rules and procedures if they want) which would make a first time modding much easier. Preferably, the mod would possess awesome story-writing skills, as adding the flavor of the scenario is one way a mod can really help the game.

Player 1
01-08-2010, 11:28 PM
I already mentioned this on the game thread, but I'll ask Abel here...

If our cop dies, do the results of that nights search die with him?

Abel
01-08-2010, 11:52 PM
Yes, because technically the cop finds out the results of his night investigation as the day begins. I may have been PMing him back a minute or so before I posted the day phase, but technically he wouldn't know until daytime.

Abel
01-09-2010, 10:04 AM
So do we have any volunteers to moderate the next game(s)? Like I said, we should probably aim to have two games, so we should have two moderators. Generally you should be pretty active so that you can update the threads as soon as they need to be updated, considering players probably get bored in the gap-time. Also you should probably be detail-oriented and being slightly perfectionist helps (I've had to edit the first post every time a phase passes to update info, for example. Stuff like this is kind of tedious, but I do it anyway because I like giving people a clear record of stuff) for following formats and everything. Maybe I'm making it sound tough, but it's really not a big deal. Plus you get to write the "story" of the game as it goes along, which can be much more outlandish and creative than what I've been writing.

I Rule The School
01-09-2010, 10:56 AM
I'm down, but I need to check my schedule for the next couple of weeks... I'm going to need guidance if I am to do it, too... I've only played once and managed to get myself killed on night 3, that's how good I am... :rolleyes:

Abel
01-09-2010, 11:04 AM
I can give you guidance, like make you a checklist of things to do in the beginning and things to do as the game progresses. Plus we can always use this thread to discuss general mafia stuff as long as it doesn't give away any info in the game.

I Rule The School
01-09-2010, 11:08 AM
I can give you guidance, like make you a checklist of things to do in the beginning and things to do as the game progresses. Plus we can always use this thread to discuss general mafia stuff as long as it doesn't give away any info in the game.

Yeah, that's be great if I could get a checklist of things to do... I'm guessing it won't be as much hard work if there are less players, but, still, I wouldn't want to fuck things up because I forgot to PM someone or whatever... I'm not very good at keeping things organized.

IAmAnEngine
01-09-2010, 11:08 AM
So do we have any volunteers to moderate the next game(s)? Like I said, we should probably aim to have two games, so we should have two moderators. Generally you should be pretty active so that you can update the threads as soon as they need to be updated, considering players probably get bored in the gap-time. Also you should probably be detail-oriented and being slightly perfectionist helps (I've had to edit the first post every time a phase passes to update info, for example. Stuff like this is kind of tedious, but I do it anyway because I like giving people a clear record of stuff) for following formats and everything. Maybe I'm making it sound tough, but it's really not a big deal. Plus you get to write the "story" of the game as it goes along, which can be much more outlandish and creative than what I've been writing.

I could try too!

one-headedboy
01-09-2010, 01:22 PM
I would give it a try too...not sure how good I'd do though.

I Rule The School
01-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Bored at her own hanging, laser cats was in the middle of a yawn when the floor dropped and her neck snapped, adding apathy to the list of offenses punishable by death in Athens, GA.

:D

IAmAnEngine
01-10-2010, 03:05 PM
I expect there to be an after-game party.

I Rule The School
01-10-2010, 03:24 PM
I expect there to be an after-game party.

The town is gonna lose, my poor Engine. :(

IAmAnEngine
01-10-2010, 03:24 PM

Ah, Doc. We did the best we could.

Player 1
01-10-2010, 03:40 PM
I might be up for moderating at some point, probably not the next round though. I might not even play next round. I've been on winter break, and school starts next week. I'll wait for school to sink back into a routine before I want to play this again.

willoughby
01-10-2010, 03:47 PM

It's not over quite yet. Just we need some townies to start playing as well as you and Engine did.

I feel like a useless ghost watching it unfold. :rolleyes:

I Rule The School
01-10-2010, 04:04 PM
I fucked up on the second night and I should have protected Mr Foxy... I'm soooo sorry! boo-hoo-hoo-hoooooo (that's ghost weeping)
Anyway... I wonder who will be down for the next round. We may not have to worry about two parallel games... :-)

fright_eyes
01-10-2010, 04:05 PM
http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww164/frighteyes/Lakerfanispaintedupandholdsupafoamf.jpg

Player 1
01-10-2010, 04:15 PM
I fucked up on the second night and I should have protected Mr Foxy... I'm soooo sorry! boo-hoo-hoo-hoooooo (that's ghost weeping)
Anyway... I wonder who will be down for the next round. We may not have to worry about two parallel games... :-)

Just curious, who did you protect?

I kinda feel like this sort of talk should be kept for after the game has ended... but I don't see what harm that question would do.

willoughby
01-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Just curious, who did you protect?

I kinda feel like this sort of talk should be kept for after the game has ended... but I don't see what harm that question would do.

I don't think that question should be answered just yet. Plenty of time to pick over the mafia bones when the kids win through. For the record I reckon I Rule The School did completely the right thing on that first night protecting someone other than me. I was on a total suicide mission the way I was going about it (I thought it might be beneficial to the town for someone to do that) but it's highly suspicious behaviour on day one of this game. I wouldn't have protected me either. I think in a curious way I've enjoyed it more watching it since than being involved in it.

Fright Eyes - you are mafia genius ;). You had me fooled completely. Credit to Engine for even suspecting you. But enough of the big yellow hands.

fright_eyes
01-10-2010, 05:27 PM
Fright Eyes - you are mafia genius ;). You had me fooled completely. Credit to Engine for even suspecting you.

You played well yourself. That's why you had to die.

But enough of the big yellow hands.

Perhaps orange?

fright_eyes
01-10-2010, 05:27 PM
http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww164/frighteyes/baby-foam-hand-299x300.jpg

willoughby
01-11-2010, 01:14 AM
Orange works much better... I mean, damnit.

I Rule The School
01-11-2010, 04:11 AM
I can say it now since he died last night - I protected Player 1. Part of the reason I didn't protect you, Foxy, is that I wasn't sure whether you were some kind of extremely clever mafia (you seemed to know a whole lot about the game for someone who claimed to be a beginner), and I also thought that it'd be better if we could keep special roles hidden. If you were a townie, the mafia would have gone after you, but you wouldn't have died so then they would have known someone was a doc. I was trying to lay low, but once Engine said he was a cop it was pretty obvious there'd be a doctor too. Damn.

willoughby
01-11-2010, 05:03 AM
It's cool, you more than made up for it after that. I just can't believe they got you so quickly after the misleading posts you made latterly... there's some serious brains (or serious luck) behind the mafia for sure. Doesn't bode so well for our remaining comrades who seem to have FALLEN ASLEEP AT THE FUCKING WHEEL!!! Oh well.

I really haven't played it before. I read the rules, some theory and skim read a game on the mafia boards from start to finish the afternoon before playing. In hindsight I royally screwed up. I assumed that by being new to the townhall that I would get hit early on, so I figured just to go for it and do a lot of fox-like digging on day one, not worry too much about getting hit and hopefully uncover something in the process. I only planned on playing this one game so I figured there was nothing to lose. It never even crossed my mind that I would be saved by a doc. Player 1 played a much more appropriate game for a townie with no abilities. I reckon that everyone who has been hit so far did as well as they could - didn't help having at least 2 townies who might as well have been mafia!

Player 1
01-11-2010, 12:51 PM
Yeah, that was extremely well played by IRTS. I would have never guessed she was the doctor. Considering we had a cop, I was guessing that one at least existed, but I never thought it was you. Completely fooled me with your fake skepticism. Now I just wish that I hadn't publicly told the doctor to protect the cop. I wasn't sure who it was, so I figured I had better put it out there just in case. If I had known it was you though, I would have trusted you to make that call on your own. Bummer they got so lucky in picking you too. I do wish the remaining players would...play.

I Rule The School
01-11-2010, 01:57 PM
Seriously... Nothing's going on in Athens anymore... 5 days are going to pass and then what??? People! tsk tsk tsk.

willoughby
01-11-2010, 02:19 PM
Your wake up post is poignantly funny. We're like ghosts sitting on the graveyard wall all going doh! doh! doh! doh!.... doh! doh! doh! It's getting to a stage when I'd rather they just blindly guess and the mafia win and I have to pay Fat Danny that £50 I bet him that the townies would win.

Second funniest of the whole thread behind Laser Cats describing "nacking" as being hacking someone up while naked. Although apparently it means something else altogether. Fathers of Athens' daughters breathed a collective sigh of relief that day we strung him up.

Abel - what about prodding?

It's not too late for the people who wanted to play to step in if folk involved (I'm using that word pretty loosely just now) can't be arsed, or don't want to play, or don't know what they're doing?

drumsandfire
01-11-2010, 02:24 PM
I know at least three of the people playing (AL, Nico, and ESMEOLYVE) are still in high school...

Without the rest of you old timers it has really died down =/

Abel
01-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Yeah, we all remember how time consuming and difficult high school was.

one-headedboy
01-11-2010, 03:26 PM
I know at least three of the people playing (AL, Nico, and ESMEOLYVE) are still in high school...

Without the rest of you old timers it has really died down =/

haha AL is in 8th grade

fright_eyes
01-11-2010, 04:14 PM

I remember that time my friend Jessie got addicted to caffeine pills, that was rough. Thankfully she's okay now. Her mom sent her to this Pavlovian rehab center where the doctors rang a loud bell in her ear each time she reached for a pill. Now she cringes and covers her ears if she so much as sees a bottle of Tylenol, but she's been clean ten years. You could even say she was saved by the bell.

drumsandfire
01-11-2010, 04:17 PM

It just explains why they wouldn't be posting from the hours of 7 a.m. to 2 or 3, when our European friends are most likely online.

Abel
01-11-2010, 04:19 PM
Of course, but not everyone else who played has been posting all day long either.

fright_eyes
01-11-2010, 04:20 PM
Nobody liked my Saved By The Bell joke. *sob*

Abel
01-11-2010, 04:22 PM
I couldn't tell if it was a strange story or just an elaborate joke, or both.

Mimi_Merlot
01-11-2010, 04:58 PM
sooo i would like to play next game. because i've been hardcore creepin on the mafia thread.

Player 1
01-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Nobody liked my Saved By The Bell joke. *sob*

I actually laughed pretty hard. Not necessarily at the punch line, but at the anecdote in general. I apologize for not typing "haha" after the first time I saw it.

fright_eyes
01-11-2010, 07:18 PM
I apologize for not typing "haha" after the first time I saw it.
You're forgiven... I guess. :rolleyes:

drumsandfire
01-11-2010, 07:28 PM
wow, this game has really started to suck =/

I'm considering withdrawing. But not yet.

Abel
01-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Random voting on Day 5 is kind of lame. I wish people would look back over the evidence and how people are posting and use some reasoning. I know that seems like work, but it's a lot more fun if you post about why you are voting for a person and try to discuss it and figure it out and get their reactions.

Player 1
01-11-2010, 10:20 PM
Random voting on Day 5 is kind of lame. I wish people would look back over the evidence and how people are posting and use some reasoning. I know that seems like work, but it's a lot more fun if you post about why you are voting for a person and try to discuss it and figure it out and get their reactions.

Yes, that. Especially considering that you guys have so much to go on. I know exactly who I would vote for and why. It's kind of a bummer that the people who played more strategically were the first people to get killed. Apathy/laziness will be the death of the town.

Theoretical game question:

If the doctor stops someone from getting killed, what is told to the town the next morning?
Do you just say, "No deaths" or do you say who it was that was targeted?

IAmAnEngine
01-11-2010, 11:30 PM
You guys are lost without your police force, doctor, Player 1 and willoughby.

Abel
01-11-2010, 11:32 PM
Theoretical game question:

If the doctor stops someone from getting killed, what is told to the town the next morning?
Do you just say, "No deaths" or do you say who it was that was targeted?It depends who is modding the game. On one hand, the mafia will definitely know there is a doctor when their kill doesn't go through. If it's not explained that the kill was stopped, one of the mafia can then claim to be a doctor and see if anyone buys the story. The town will either think there is a doctor or the mafia decided not to kill.

If it is announced, everyone knows there's a doctor, the victim will know they are being targeted.

So I don't think it's really necessary to say that a kill was prevented, and I might not do it just for the sake of requiring people to speculate and figure out what went on. On the other hand, if someone was almost murdered and a doctor saved the day, the whole town would probably hear about it. Unless those people wanted to keep it quiet in the interest of safety. Hmm. I wasn't actually sure what I'd personally do when I started the game, but I probably wouldn't announce it, unless you have some reason why it would be a good idea to say.

willoughby
01-14-2010, 04:50 AM
I'm finding it hard following the snail's pace of the game as it is without the day getting pushed out another week...

Abel
01-14-2010, 08:52 AM
All right, well since nobody even posted since I said that, I got rid of it. You have until 10pm EST tonight (approx. 11 hours from now).

willoughby
01-14-2010, 09:11 AM
Good call - it's funny that we went from lynch anything that moves to where it's at now in the space of a week. I think in those experienced games those folk are so well versed in how it works and they seem to play multiple games at the same time, that it probably does take a week or two to get your head around anything.

I Rule The School
01-14-2010, 12:05 PM
Yeah, good call... They need to get their shit together and move on... Otherwise we'll still be here come July... :rolleyes: I wanna start another game (one in which I don't get killed so soon, please?!)

Player 1
01-14-2010, 12:08 PM
I hate that it ended up being the people most into the game that got killed first. Not that I blame anyone, I would have done the same thing if I was the mafia. Kill off the people who care first. It's just unfortunate that we're all out now, and yet we're the one's who seemed to like the game the most.

one-headedboy
01-14-2010, 12:27 PM
I am really starting to enjoy this. Except now no one else is posting. I want to play the next game too. As long as it doesn't get this slow.

Abel
01-14-2010, 01:15 PM
If you want an idea of how "fast" or "slow" a usual mafia game progresses, check out this game I'm in:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13136

174 posts that are almost all really long paragraphs, and we're only on Day 1 and not really close to a lynch yet.

fright_eyes
01-14-2010, 02:21 PM
If you want an idea of how "fast" or "slow" a usual mafia game progresses, check out this game I'm in:

174 posts that are almost all really long paragraphs, and we're only on Day 1 and not really close to a lynch yet.

Honest Abel :D

I Rule The School
01-14-2010, 02:22 PM
So this is a forum for people who don't share anything else but a love for online mysteries? Hardcore!
... ... ...
Wow. These people are serious about their games! Now, to join or not to join? :confused:

willoughby
01-14-2010, 04:31 PM

Holy shit, you're in at the deep end over there! :eek:

Player 1
01-14-2010, 08:58 PM
That's nuts. I mean, I like this game, and got way too into it myself, but no way could I get THAT intense about it.

Abel
01-21-2010, 08:15 AM
Signups for the new game/games begin now.

I think there should be a 9-person cap to the game(s) because it generally just makes things a bit easier and it means we can follow a template created after years of experimentation with forum mafia (http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=F11). The first 9 players to sign up will be put into the next game. If another group of 9 signs up, another game can be started too.

People who have signed up:
Abel

Also, first person who says they want to moderate the game gets it.

Player 1
01-21-2010, 11:14 AM
ME!

Abel
Player 1

Gotham
01-21-2010, 11:23 AM
I'll play but I have no idea how to because there are a lot of posts and I am very confused.

Abel
01-21-2010, 11:35 AM
My goal in playing in the next one will be to kind of "show you the way" based on what I know so far. I wish willoughby would have stuck around for another game because he has a really good grasp on it. I will probably post links to guides about how to interpret people's posts as mafia behavior or not (post analysis), things to look for that will generally give away mafia (scumtells), and things about other common factors in the game (village idiot, scumhunting, tunnelvision, buddying, etc.). It seems complex and confusing at first, but once you understand how to go about winning, it's pretty interesting.

The main gameplay element involves asking a lot of questions and getting people to talk, sometimes even provoking them, in order to see how they respond/react and then try to determine whether they are innocent or guilty based on that reaction. You can use both logic and gut feelings to try to determine what's wrong with people's behavior, so there's always a mix of evidence, suspicion, and personal angles to consider.

IAmAnEngine
01-21-2010, 01:05 PM
I wanna play again

fright_eyes
01-21-2010, 01:06 PM
I'll play again if you guys want me in your game. I know I wasn't the best player.

Abel
01-21-2010, 01:28 PM
Abel
Player 1
Gotham?
IAmAnEngine
fright_eyes
aideeee

aideeee
01-21-2010, 01:28 PM
i want to play!! in the next one sign me up

willoughby
01-21-2010, 01:31 PM
I think I'd rather eat my own balls than go through that again. It's gotten to a stage on Game #1 where I'm actually willing the mafia to win...

I reckon something should be in place to prod people not contributing and replace them if they hadn't said anything in I dunno 3 real days (unless they specifically say they are away). You get the feeling that it's left with people not particularly wanting to play and/or not knowing what they're doing. Games over here are always going to follow this pattern though? Most active townies bumped first until you're left with the VI's ;) Bless em.

On saying all that it's got lots of potential over here especially now that some folk know what they're doing... people aren't as ubergeeky or vicious, so if you can get the right 9 playing it might work...

I'll be reading along you guys game here anyway. Hopefully it's a few gears up from Game #1.

p.s Fright Eyes - #2 mafia by a mile. That's not exactly bad playing?

Player 1
01-21-2010, 01:44 PM
I think the second game should be fine, especially with only 9 people. The people who joined the first game and didn't participate much probably won't bother playing again, so we'll be left with fewer more interested people. Please play willoughby, it will be much better with you in.

Abel
01-21-2010, 01:57 PM
The next game should have replacement and prodding rules, yeah. I figured there's not much left of this one, though, so I don't think it's worth introducing new procedures at this point. Normal prodding happens I think after 2 days of inactivity, and another day is given before replacement, but that's for games where the day lasts 3 weeks (not sure if that makes a difference). I think we could increase the day length to 10 days and have that work fine.

I Rule The School
01-21-2010, 02:07 PM
Signing up to play!

(do we have a moderator yet?)

Abel
01-21-2010, 02:08 PM
Also, yeah, willoughby, I hope you decide to play because it will make the game much, much better.

Abel
01-21-2010, 02:11 PM
Nope, no moderator yet. Does anyone who has signed up to play want to moderate instead? It won't be hard, I promise. I can give you tips and answer questions along the way as long as you don't give any particular game-spoiling information away.

Abel
Player 1
Gotham?
IAmAnEngine
fright_eyes
aideeee
I Rule The School

drumsandfire
01-21-2010, 02:13 PM
I would love to play a REAL game.

willoughby
01-21-2010, 02:18 PM
okay, you've twisted my arm

Abel
01-21-2010, 02:28 PM
Dr. Ums, do you mean real life game, or a more interesting townhall game?

Abel
Player 1
Gotham?
IAmAnEngine
fright_eyes
aideeee
I Rule The School
willoughby

willoughby
01-21-2010, 02:29 PM
I mean, going by my track record it's not like I'll be playing for long ;)

I don't know if I have the discipline to moderate. I get internet tourettes sometimes and I hate telling people off, plus the moderator has to always be around and I've got a few big projects coming up...

Although obviously it's apparent how easy it is to twist my arm. :rolleyes:

I don't even think I really want to play, especially as there were other folk who wanted to play Game 1 that didn't get a chance? Can they not be subbed into Game 1? I don't think it's too late to breathe some life into that one... plus I still have money riding on a town victory.

IAmAnEngine
01-21-2010, 02:37 PM
I'll moderate! I'm always on here anyway!

drumsandfire
01-21-2010, 02:44 PM
Dr. Ums, do you mean real life game, or a more interesting townhall game?

If not A, then B. Sign me up!

willoughby
01-21-2010, 02:46 PM
I'll moderate! I'm always on here anyway!

I might find that difficult. I think I'll always see you as a Beatley version of Columbo now.

p.s I downloaded that rar file but I don't know how to change it to mp3s... is there a way I can do it without downloading software and giving my decrepit pc a coronary?

IAmAnEngine
01-21-2010, 02:57 PM
p.s I downloaded that rar file but I don't know how to change it to mp3s... is there a way I can do it without downloading software and giving my decrepit pc a coronary?

I donno D: It was the only format my computer would rip the CD to... It seemed to work on all my music players.

I Rule The School
01-21-2010, 03:06 PM
okay, you've twisted my arm

It must have hurt but it was for your own good, and our own enjoyment. :)

Abel
01-21-2010, 03:24 PM
Moderator Queue:
IAmAnEngine

Player Queue:
Abel
Player 1
Gotham
fright_eyes
aideeee
I Rule The School
willoughby
drumsandfire

I Rule The School
01-21-2010, 03:42 PM
you need to unzip the rar files - I believe any computer has an inbuilt software for this. It should be one of the choices available when you right click on the compressed file... if you have a pc, it's called winrar. How original.

willoughby
01-21-2010, 03:48 PM
It must have hurt but it was for your own good, and our own enjoyment. :)

Haha... not yet doc, but I will be adopting the crash position shortly

(actually it looks like a very good list to me)

I'll figure out the rar thing!

willoughby
01-21-2010, 03:51 PM
you need to unzip the rar files - I believe any computer has an inbuilt software for this. It should be one of the choices available when you right click on the compressed file... if you have a pc, it's called winrar. How original.

My pc has a wind-up crank mechanism but hopefully this advice will help. I converted a rar file once ages ago but haven't been able to do it again since. I know I can download winrar but before I do I was wondering if there's an easier option I'm missing. And it sounds like I am.

p.s can we have a random voting round? please?

Player 1
01-21-2010, 03:55 PM
Mmm, as far as I know, my computer didn't come with anything for .rar's I didn't think they ever did. I just downloaded something for it. I doubt it will hurt your computer. I think the thing I use takes up less than 1mb of space.

one-headedboy
01-21-2010, 04:28 PM
Moderator Queue:
IAmAnEngine

Player Queue:
Abel
Player 1
Gotham
fright_eyes
aideeee
I Rule The School
willoughby
drumsandfire

am I allowed to play?

willoughby
01-21-2010, 04:55 PM
You just WITHDREW from the other game?! In the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT???

And you want to play again?

I'm so confused...

willoughby
01-21-2010, 04:57 PM
Mmm, as far as I know, my computer didn't come with anything for .rar's I didn't think they ever did. I just downloaded something for it. I doubt it will hurt your computer. I think the thing I use takes up less than 1mb of space.

I know, I wanted to know if there was a lazy option.

What's the benefit of .rar files over zips?

one-headedboy
01-21-2010, 04:57 PM
You just WITHDREW from the other game?! In the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT???

And you want to play again?

I'm so confused...

Yeah, I'm done trying with people who are just sitting around. Esmeolyve didn't post once, and everyone else was just kind of blah. I can't sit there and play detective and then try and vote if people aren't going to talk. That's how you catch them, you know. Analysis of what they say. It won't happen if they aren't talking.

I'd rather play in a new game with people who will play. Yeah, eh?

Player 1
01-21-2010, 05:11 PM
Yeah, you participated plenty when I was still there. Had it been you that got killed I probably would have run into the same dead end if I was there with no one else playing.

IAmAnEngine
01-21-2010, 05:15 PM
I know, I wanted to know if there was a lazy option.

What's the benefit of .rar files over zips?

Well I just made it a .rar cause it was all I could do with my shitty knowledge of things. Plus it works.

willoughby
01-21-2010, 05:31 PM
Yeah, I'm done trying with people who are just sitting around. Esmeolyve didn't post once, and everyone else was just kind of blah. I can't sit there and play detective and then try and vote if people aren't going to talk. That's how you catch them, you know. Analysis of what they say. It won't happen if they aren't talking.

I'd rather play in a new game with people who will play. Yeah, eh?

There were loads of pages of stuff to work from. Going to night without anyone making a single vote!? Even based on what was already there?

I think the game seemed a lot more apathetic than it actually was. I'm sure there's still a few of us reading it, just that nobody can contribute to the thread. You just have to watch and go :eek::eek::eek:

My hat's off to the mafia anyway.

willoughby
01-21-2010, 05:36 PM
am I allowed to play?

##LYNCH One-Headed Boy##

;)

How do we know you're not going to bail out on the town again?

Akryllic Love
01-21-2010, 05:41 PM
The game only got boring because the active members were (mostly) killed.

Abel
01-21-2010, 05:45 PM
Moderator Queue:
IAmAnEngine

Player Queue:
Abel
Player 1
Gotham
fright_eyes
aideeee
I Rule The School
willoughby
drumsandfire
one-headedboy

That looks like the list, all right.

IAAE, I can show you how to randomly generate the game setup. First you need to randomly choose which of the four equal setups to use:

1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Townies.
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies.
2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies.
2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, 6 Townies.

Once you pick one (flip a coin a couple times? Pick a number out of a hat? Something like that) you can use this random generator (http://adv-random-gen.sourceforge.net/rand-gen/index.php?gen=mafia) to figure out who will have which roles. Number of people is 9. Number of roles depends on which setup you choose; the first one has 5 different roles, the second one has 3, the third has 3, and the fourth has 3. Under people, list the 9 players on separate lines, and under Titles, list whatever the roles are on a separate line, then click submit.

Then you should set up the new thread (title it Townhall Mafia Game II or something) and you can pretty much copy all of the rules from the first post of the first game into the first post of your new thread. If you want, I can make up the list of links to search the thread for people's posts.

Can you handle all this, or should I mod this one? It might be tough explaining it all and I don't want you to go out of your way to have to learn all the rules if you don't want to.

Abel
01-21-2010, 05:46 PM
The game only got boring because the active members were (mostly) killed.That's one way for the mafia to win, yeah. That's why I consider it a mafia victory.

willoughby
01-21-2010, 05:54 PM
##WITHDRAW Willoughby##

Sorry folks - I don't know what I was thinking before. I got blinded by a couple of folk asking me to play. I'm sure there's someone else who wanted to play in the last game but didn't get a chance would enjoy it more than me.

King Bob
01-21-2010, 06:00 PM
##WITHDRAW Willoughby##

Sorry folks - I don't know what I was thinking before. I got blinded by a couple of folk asking me to play. I'm sure there's someone else who wanted to play in the last game but didn't get a chance would enjoy it more than me.
Can I take your spot?

IAmAnEngine
01-21-2010, 06:03 PM
Can you handle all this, or should I mod this one? It might be tough explaining it all and I don't want you to go out of your way to have to learn all the rules if you don't want to.

If i'm able to ask you a question here and there, if they come up. I'm sure I can handle it!

Abel
01-21-2010, 06:32 PM
Alright, should be good. Thanks for letting me play! After you figure out the roles, you should PM everyone with their specific role (you can mass PM vanilla townies (5 at once), but be sure to BCC and not just CC) with an explanation. You can look here for all the info you need on the roles, just search them: http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

If there are Roleblockers, you can probably refer to them as "Prostitute" since that's kind of what they are if you think about it. Prostitutes are capable of blocking a cop or doctor AND choosing a kill victim in the same night if they are the only mafia-team-member left.

For counting votes, I used this: http://www.wundervoll.us/mafiavc/download.php

Just add everyone's name, and then click on a voter and a target and then "Vote" or "Unvote" and you can keep an easy tally of everything. Exiting the program automatically saves the up-to-date info, so you don't have to worry about losing it.

Player 1
01-21-2010, 06:38 PM
The game only got boring because the active members were (mostly) killed.

Well maybe YOU shouldn't have killed us then!
(kidding, I'd have done the same)

IAmAnEngine
01-21-2010, 06:44 PM
Alright, should be good. Thanks for letting me play! After you figure out the roles, you should PM everyone with their specific role (you can mass PM vanilla townies (5 at once), but be sure to BCC and not just CC) with an explanation. You can look here for all the info you need on the roles, just search them: http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

If there are Roleblockers, you can probably refer to them as "Prostitute" since that's kind of what they are if you think about it. Prostitutes are capable of blocking a cop or doctor AND choosing a kill victim in the same night if they are the only mafia-team-member left.

For counting votes, I used this: http://www.wundervoll.us/mafiavc/download.php

Just add everyone's name, and then click on a voter and a target and then "Vote" or "Unvote" and you can keep an easy tally of everything. Exiting the program automatically saves the up-to-date info, so you don't have to worry about losing it.

Starting to send Pm's to everyone now, once im done ill create the thread.

Player 1
01-21-2010, 06:44 PM
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Townies.
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies.

Can you explain how you can have both of these scenarios? Wouldn't they definitely be unequal? In the first option, the townies have a much better chance with the doctor and cop. Isn't the point of all these predetermined set ups that they all make for "fair" games? I don't see how that could work...
It'd be like
A=B
A=C
But then, B does not equal C. It doesn't make sense...

Also, what's the point of the mafia role blocker with no roles to block? I guess I don't mind having the whore around just for fun...

IAmAnEngine
01-21-2010, 07:24 PM
If anybody didn't get their PM, tell me. I'm pretty sure I gave everyone theirs but you can never be too sure.

Also, mafioso's send in your verdict asap!

& if I missed any of the rules, or anything needed in the first post, Abel, or anyone should tell me. I hope i'm not fucking this up haha.

one-headedboy
01-21-2010, 07:37 PM
Hey Jordan, can you do that thing Abel did so that when you click on someone's name you can see their post history? And if you don't know how, Abel, can you teach him?

That is really useful.

Woodly
01-21-2010, 07:38 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I missed the sign ups.

IAmAnEngine
01-21-2010, 07:39 PM
Hey Jordan, can you do that thing Abel did so that when you click on someone's name you can see their post history? And if you don't know how, Abel, can you teach him?

That is really useful.

Yeah, if Abel can do that for me, i'd be glad to add it in.

EarthlyCitizen
01-21-2010, 09:14 PM
Can I advance sign up for the next game? I've been waiting for the last one to end for a while, and now I come back from work to find the next game filled. :(

one-headedboy
01-21-2010, 09:16 PM
I would try a two game at once thing, so if 7 more people wanted to play, we could do that. I would like to try playing in two games.

Abel
01-21-2010, 10:01 PM
OH WAIT FORGOT TO MENTION LOL

This game setup starts with a day phase. So we can go ahead and start playing now, do some randomvoting, get some discussion going and try to pick out who's who. DO NOT KILL.

Sorry IAAE, I forgot to mention this aspect of the setup. It's just that this particular setup is balanced to work with a Day start.

willoughby
01-22-2010, 01:36 AM
One thing you definitely need this time around is a back-up list of names so that if any of the 9 drop out or aren't contributing then someone can be subbed-in for them. Otherwise potentially you're going to end up with the same scenario as game 1...

Abel
01-22-2010, 08:04 AM
We had a backup list last time, it's just that the sub-out rules weren't clearly defined and nobody violated the rule of posting every two days until the very end (it was only one player), and by then people had been dropping out so there wasn't really any point in doing it. Also people on the substitute list were probably less active than the people in the game.

one-headedboy
01-22-2010, 11:11 AM
Can we do prodding this game? If someone has been inactive in the thread some arbitrary time (2 days maybe) but they have been logged on then Jordan can prod them.

Abel
01-22-2010, 11:23 AM
Yeah, prodding should happen regardless of whether they log on or not. After three days, they should be replaced. It will probably be annoying for him to have to check up on when people's last posts were everyday, though, so we can help out by suggesting him to prod people if he doesn't just do it automatically.

IAmAnEngine
01-23-2010, 08:56 AM
Okay guys, i'm really sorry I couldn't get on a computer yesterday so I sort of seemed like I ditched you guys! IM BACK IN ACTION TODAY THOUGH!

drumsandfire
01-23-2010, 01:05 PM
Did anyone who didn't get to play this time or last time really want to? I have too many things going on to really focus on this current game.

Basically...

does anyone want to take my spot in Townhall Mafia II?

PM me if interested.

one-headedboy
01-23-2010, 01:07 PM
Just wondering if the search function on Jordan's first post is working for everyone?
cos it doesn't work for me but it works for him.

yeah.

Player 1
01-23-2010, 03:49 PM
Not working for me either. Pops open a new tab of a townhall search that says "no matches found"

IAmAnEngine
01-23-2010, 03:52 PM
Well I donno D:

Abel
01-23-2010, 10:35 PM
It's just because you set up the wrong kind of search - you have to specify both the thread number and the user registration number in the link:

http://www.e6townhall.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=5738&searchthreadid=16332

The thread ID for the new game is 16468, and you can find members' user IDs by hovering over their usernames. It's the four digit number at the end of the link.

drumsandfire
01-24-2010, 01:07 PM
second call

I need a sub!!

willoughby
01-25-2010, 10:16 AM
Call me whimsical, but I'd like to offer my foxy services on Townhall Mafia II should the need arise... :rolleyes: From what I've seen it's getting played much more in the spirit of the game.

So I'm getting back in line after Morpheus... if you'll have me back.

Abel
01-25-2010, 10:21 AM
I feel conflicted about subbing Morpheus in, if the need arises. No offense, but you're not too good at the game, dawg.

one-headedboy
01-28-2010, 12:16 PM
I didn't want to muck up the Mafia game but:

I found I didn't care as much about that game as this one (this one is infinitely more fun so far).

I would like to say this game is a hell of a lot better/more fun than the last one.

drumsandfire
01-28-2010, 12:23 PM
I would like to say this game is a hell of a lot better/more fun than the last one.

I'm having a blast trying to follow this. Really glad I'm not playing though... I definitely didn't have the time to commit.

Abel
01-28-2010, 12:24 PM
Indeed. I was saying that this game is even more fun than the one I was in at mafiascum.net, which seems hard to believe considering they know what they're doing there and our last game was kind of slow, but yeah, this is pretty great.

willoughby
01-28-2010, 02:53 PM
A townie lynching themselves???

Boooooooooooo :mad:

Should have subbed in Morpheus at the 11th hour... bad call Columbo

fright_eyes
01-28-2010, 02:56 PM
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

I just helped lynch a townie. I suck at this game! Morpheus is a better player than I am.

jdrawmeasheep
01-28-2010, 02:58 PM
I just opened the thread and saw I had 4 votes against me, so without even reading the other posts, I called it quits IN STYLE!! :D

Also because I couldn't handle that I had accumulated the votes in such short of a time. And im not even good at the damn game anyway.

fright_eyes
01-28-2010, 03:00 PM
I just opened the thread and saw I had 4 votes against me, so without even reading the other posts, I called it quits IN STYLE!! :D

Also because I couldn't handle that I had accumulated the votes in such short of a time. And im not even good at the damn game anyway.

Ian Curtis, Kurt Cobain, Elliott Smith... jdrawmeasheep. :'(

jdrawmeasheep
01-28-2010, 03:01 PM

I did it mainly I guess just to spite everyone who voted for me.

IAmAnEngine
01-28-2010, 03:03 PM

Can I buy a bottle of your wit, because you never fail to make me chuckle. :'D

willoughby
01-28-2010, 03:12 PM

God should have stepped in and said in a soft squeaky voice

"Uh no"

This was the perfect opportunity to make amends with Morpheus, sub the kid in and let him redeem himself with the few remaining hours

Mind you it's cooking in Oz... I'm very happy to be sitting on the sidelines doing confused wincing like this :confused: so feck knows what would have happened if you'd thrown Morph into the frying pan

I guess it's a done deal now and I can understand that eventually someone gets into a corner where it doesn't look like there's anywhere left to go but give up. Just you might as well have been mafia going out like that. At least Morpheus went out kicking and screaming and pleading in Game 1. Okay, there was no logic, and bad grammar, and he doesn't have any friends on here, or post on E6 related stuff. But grammar is over-rated, there's nothing wrong with not having friends, and I only really love NMH but just can't get loony enough to contribute on that forum.

All this is seriously reinforcing my Atheism. If God made us "in his own image" then it makes sense that he/she gets things wrong too.

Shit. Is God a hermaphrodite?

fright_eyes
01-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Can I buy a bottle of your wit, because you never fail to make me chuckle. :'D

Aw shucks, thanks. :p

willoughby
01-28-2010, 03:17 PM

So logically you did it to potentially spite two mafia and two misled townies potentially spiting four townies who didn't vote for you?

I'm not saying that's the case, but it's potentially the case.

Maybe God made the right call after all. :rolleyes:

I Rule The School
01-28-2010, 03:20 PM
Jeeeeeesus fucking Christ! :eek:
This game is out of control! :eek:

Oh my fucking Dog, this is so wrong. And believe me, I don't even know right from wrong a lot of the times, but this... this...

This was the perfect opportunity to make amends with Morpheus, sub the kid in and let him redeem himself with the few remaining hours

True.

At least Morpheus went out kicking and screaming and pleading in Game 1. Okay, there was no logic, and bad grammar, and he doesn't have any friends on here, or post on E6 related stuff. But grammar is over-rated, there's nothing wrong with not having friends, and I only really love NMH but just can't get loony enough to contribute on that forum.

Shit. Is God a hermaphrodite?

Just like me, apparently. I'm very happy to see how people seem to be confused about my gender and sexual orientation. :p

Katara
01-28-2010, 03:21 PM
So logically you did it to potentially spite two mafia and two misled townies potentially spiting four townies who didn't vote for you?

I'm not saying that's the case, but it's potentially the case.

Maybe God made the right call after all. :rolleyes:

Goddammit I love you.

willoughby
01-28-2010, 03:35 PM
Goddammit I love you.

Yer pretty fucking cool yerself :)

[Yoda-mode enabled... where are all the trolls tonight? I feel like a scrap]

willoughby
01-28-2010, 03:38 PM
Jeeeeeesus fucking Christ! :eek:
This game is out of control! :eek:

Oh my fucking Dog, this is so wrong. And believe me, I don't even know right from wrong a lot of the times, but this... this...

True.

Just like me, apparently. I'm very happy to see how people seem to be confused about my gender and sexual orientation. :p

You're adding fuel to the fire Grand-Mere haha

I Rule The School
01-28-2010, 03:40 PM
I'm all about ambiguity. I shouldn't have hung with the oM bunch that much over the past two years. It fucks up your id, and your I.D. too. :D

Abel
01-28-2010, 05:02 PM
A townie lynching themselves???

Boooooooooooo :mad:Yeah, that's pretty shit. It's usually not allowed. Now we have to worry about frustrated players lynching themselves every time they get within 1 vote. Not a fan.

Abel
01-28-2010, 05:05 PM
We're not really allowed to talk about the current game, so shh.

Player 1
01-28-2010, 06:14 PM

Agreed. This is fantastic. Almost too much so. I think I'll go ahead and sign myself up to mod the next game. I've been spending way too much time on this. I think being the mod will significantly cut down on my time commitment.

I Rule The School
01-29-2010, 01:23 AM
Can't we get IAAE to change the rule for the next rounds?
Or let's just consider this another fucked-up mind game to take into account.

I Rule The School
01-29-2010, 04:38 AM
Agreed. This is fantastic. Almost too much so. I think I'll go ahead and sign myself up to mod the next game. I've been spending way too much time on this. I think being the mod will significantly cut down on my time commitment.

I'll definitely mod one of the next games, too... But mine won't be Townhall Mafia, it'll be Townhall Music Industry, in which 9 people are stuck on a tour bus, and 2 of them are Universal Music execs who are killing band members for publicity. I won't reveal more at this point, but... I'm copyrighting the plot. :D

IAmAnEngine
01-29-2010, 11:42 AM
I'll definitely mod one of the next games, too... But mine won't be Townhall Mafia, it'll be Townhall Music Industry, in which 9 people are stuck on a tour bus, and 2 of them are Universal Music execs who are killing band members for publicity. I won't reveal more at this point, but... I'm copyrighting the plot. :D

But you don't have the Hulk being a Ninja with superpowers in it. Morpheus has you beat.

Player 1
01-29-2010, 11:57 AM
Am I the only Harry Potter nerd here? Or would y'all mind if the game I mod is HP based? Order of the Phoenix vs. Death-eaters.

I Rule The School
01-29-2010, 12:03 PM
A Harry Potter-themed game could be cool, too. :cool:

Abel
01-29-2010, 12:03 PM
I've never experienced Harry Potter in any way.

fright_eyes
01-29-2010, 12:30 PM
I've never experienced Harry Potter in any way.

There's only one way to really experience Harry Potter, and that's by reading My Immortal (http://myimmortalrehost.webs.com/).

one-headedboy
01-29-2010, 02:20 PM
There's only one way to really experience Harry Potter, and that's by reading My Immortal (http://myimmortalrehost.webs.com/).

this is really hilarious, but giving me a headache.

drumsandfire
01-29-2010, 02:42 PM
D:

one-headedboy
02-04-2010, 05:39 PM
we need a mod to finish this game. any takers? Perhaps Willoughby?

willoughby
02-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Okay, I'll do it, but I'm pre-warning you that I sleep when the majority of you folks are awake so sometimes you'll have to wait around... and I don't know shit about the technology side of things like posting vote counts etc.

Columbo you want to send me a list of who's who and mafia want to pm me with their hit if you're all okay with me stepping in...?

I'm going to bed now, it's fecking late, so it'll be first thing tomorrow for me to post...

Abel
02-04-2010, 06:31 PM
You probably don't have to worry about vote counts, IRTS and I have been keeping them up to date. But yeah, IAAE should PM you the necessary info. Either that or you can wait to get PMs from the mafia, doc, and/or cop. But then again you don't know if there is a doc or cop yet.

IAmAnEngine
02-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Pm'd 'em

Abel
02-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Oh okay, cool.

fright_eyes
02-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Willoughby, if you ever mod a whole game I'll play just to read your riveting description of my death.

willoughby
02-05-2010, 02:49 PM
It's actually quite disturbing have to dream up stuff like that, but for the record... you probably would have died by being hung upside down into an unbearable tank of unrequited love filled with little fish things (but not exactly fish) singing harmonically that Bright Eyes song where the plane crashes

I Rule The School
02-05-2010, 02:58 PM
It's actually quite disturbing have to dream up stuff like that, but for the record... you probably would have died by being hung upside down into an unbearable tank of unrequited love filled with little fish things (but not exactly fish) singing harmonically that Bright Eyes song where the plane crashes

You're spoiling the surprise!!!!

smally
02-05-2010, 03:21 PM
I'm feeling right now like I've got an infinite supply of half-baked not-so-grizzly deaths bubbling away beneath the surface... my old shrink would have had a field day with this..............

"You want me to try and hit this pile of telephone directories with a rubber pipe again doc?"

"No, no Willoughby, sit down and tell me some more half-baked not-so grizzly mafia deaths"

"Uh... okay. Anything's better than not being able to hit telephone directories with a rubber pipe. [sits down] So there's this remote control cheese grater..."

fright_eyes
02-05-2010, 03:39 PM

God, I hope that's how I really go.

"Happy birthday, Darling! We love you very, very, very, very, very, very, very much."

willoughby
02-05-2010, 03:45 PM
I'm not God. I'm just a drug-addled stand-in, but I'll put in a good word for you when the Big Hermaphrodite gets back.

*shit, my split personality's all over the place tonight! :rolleyes:

Abel
02-06-2010, 11:25 PM
P1's modding the next one!

1. Abel

one-headedboy
02-06-2010, 11:25 PM
yeah I'm going to sit this one out. I need a rest.

Abel
02-06-2010, 11:27 PM
Also I believe we should do the same format, the F11 format (http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=F11).

I Rule The School
02-07-2010, 02:41 AM
Also I believe we should do the same format, the F11 format (http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=F11).

I agree.

One question though, I didn't want to ask during the last game because people would have been like "she's pretending not to be mafia!" but for future reference, is the mafia allowed to communicate via PM? Can they really sit down and talk strategy? Because I thought all the talking was to happen within the thread, apart from night roles pm-ing the mod. So yeah, when I get to play mafia, can I reach out to my partner in crime during day phases and tell him what I think would be the most effective way to wreak havoc?

P1's modding the next one!

1. Abel

1. Abel
2. I Rule The School

Abel
02-07-2010, 08:12 AM
I don't think we said any rules specifically about that, but I believe mafia are only allowed to talk via PM at night just like everyone else (under that rule that you can only talk about the game in the thread). So technically Gotham and OHB organizing their vote during the day wasn't allowed, but the rules weren't very clear about that.

For the future, I think it would be interesting to play a game where anyone can PM anyone during the day or night. At one point I was thinking of PMing Player 1 my chart to get some feedback, but decided against it although I can't think of any way that would break the game. But it's completely up to Player 1 to make any new rules or stipulations before we start the next game. Also he has to decide minor things like whether a cop is told his night action was blocked, or if blocking it means he's told his target is town even if it's mafia - and whether or not the doctor is told that his protection is blocked if the person he defended wasn't targeted by the mafia. These things probably don't make a world of difference, but P1, you should put something about them in the rules/procedures.

one-headedboy
02-07-2010, 09:31 AM
http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww164/frighteyes/Lakerfanispaintedupandholdsupafoamf.jpg

http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww164/frighteyes/baby-foam-hand-299x300.jpg

WE'RE NUMBER 1!

/caps

willoughby
02-07-2010, 10:07 AM
I'll play... but I don't think we're going to get the 9 it needs. Might need a cooling off period after the intensity of game 2? It definitely was a million miles better than game 1 and had a sense of humour to it that you just couldn't get away with on the official mafia boards.

Abel
02-07-2010, 10:20 AM
We'll get 9, JUST YOU WAIT.

1. Abel
2. IRTS
3. willoughby

I Rule The School
02-07-2010, 10:29 AM
I don't think we said any rules specifically about that, but I believe mafia are only allowed to talk via PM at night just like everyone else (under that rule that you can only talk about the game in the thread). So technically Gotham and OHB organizing their vote during the day wasn't allowed, but the rules weren't very clear about that.

Well, the rules said you were only allowed to talk in the Thread about the game, but it was unclear whether that applied to both town and mafia... But if you think about the real life version of the game, it is obvious that they can't communicate during the day... But at some point we were starting to speculate on mafia tactics and how they were orchestrating things like it was a given, but I don't think it should be allowed. I mean, they already have a huge advantage on the town.

For the future, I think it would be interesting to play a game where anyone can PM anyone during the day or night. At one point I was thinking of PMing Player 1 my chart to get some feedback, but decided against it although I can't think of any way that would break the game. But it's completely up to Player 1 to make any new rules or stipulations before we start the next game. Also he has to decide minor things like whether a cop is told his night action was blocked, or if blocking it means he's told his target is town even if it's mafia - and whether or not the doctor is told that his protection is blocked if the person he defended wasn't targeted by the mafia. These things probably don't make a world of difference, but P1, you should put something about them in the rules/procedures.

Yeah, I think the rules need to be really clear, so things don't get over-muddled.
Looking forward to P1's moderation. Looking forward to being mafia, too... I'd like to win, just once. :D

Abel
02-07-2010, 10:30 AM
I'm looking forward to being mafia, too, but I would feel more accomplished if I was town and won.

Player 1
02-07-2010, 02:48 PM
I've also been disappointed with being town in both games. A cop or something would at least be more interesting, but I'm bored with just plain old townie. I really can't put in that time commitment again right now though, which is why I'll settle for playing god.

Player 1
02-07-2010, 02:57 PM

Ha, you left out the part where you actually did PM me about it. Honestly, that felt like a trick, I almost thought you were mafia after that.

I agree that PM's would be really interesting. It would make sense too, since if this were to be "real", people could obviously have private conversations away from the group. But, I feel like that would make things infinitely more complicated... so for now I'm going to say no. Maybe a later game, for now I feel like our games are already complex enough. We'll save that for when we need something to spice it up.

In accordance with that, I'm gonna say no daytime mafia PM's too. If no one else can talk privately, the mafia shouldn't be able to either, and they can strategize as much as they'd like at night.

As far as how the roleblockers and all that work out, I'm going to basically do everything the way I think it would work out if this were real. So, say the cop is role blocked, I don't think he would get a false report, he would just not be able to get a report at all. And the doctor won't know if there role is blocked if there is no action to block...

I'll try to lay out all those scenarios clearly when I post the rules.

IAmAnEngine
02-07-2010, 03:07 PM
People would abuse the PMs

I Rule The School
02-07-2010, 03:11 PM
Just so you know, I will change my privacy settings so that when the game starts and I'm online it doesn't show anymore. I don't think this game should be played this way either, where everyone is spying on everybody else to see what they're doing and then assuming things because their status has been stuck on "replying Townhall Mafia thread" for 30 minutes and they ended up posting one line or whatever. We got King Bob for being logged on a lot more than he was participating, and that was a bullshit call. So fuck that. I'll be on stealth mode.

I Rule The School
02-07-2010, 03:17 PM
I agree that PM's would be really interesting. It would make sense too, since if this were to be "real", people could obviously have private conversations away from the group.

Yeah, and someone could wear a wire or something, too. And then someone could sabotage the wire. But that would definitely add confusion to confusion. No PMs allowed please. It's already hard to keep up as it is.
It's like I read on mafiascum.net that you could have a drunken cop who is given false reports but he doesn't know they're false (cos he doesn't know he's drunk?!)... that's fucked up.

Oh and Abel PMing Player 1? That's what I call cheating. Why o why are you letting me down?