PDA

View Full Version : the 63 crayons

doctorSchwindel
12-01-2009, 10:36 PM
hey, haven't posted in awhile!

so just this week i started listening to the album Good People, Charlie writes some pretty cool songs. i remember being really impressed with his guitar playing in circulatory system, and when i found out that he helped engineer/produce signal morning, i definitely wanted to hear what his own stuff sounded like. i read somewhere he was a big beatles and syd barrett fan, you can tell he is, haha. haven't heard anything else except this album, and the song Devils, but i gotta say these guys are a pretty underrated E6 band.
anybody else like the 63 crayons?

quixoticgoat
12-02-2009, 06:35 AM
they are actually one of my favorite bands period.
spoils for survivors is beautiful.

samanthafayIFD
12-02-2009, 09:16 AM
I used to be obsessed with their song "Rocketship." Such a fun song.

Birds...The silent killer
12-02-2009, 09:21 AM
Spoils for Survivors is pretty cool.

David_R._Gross
12-03-2009, 01:18 AM
I used to be obsessed with their song "Rocketship." Such a fun song.

That and....

I love 63 Crayons. I recommend Tuscan Beats if it's not out of print yet. He covers "Lucy Leave" on it.

Since we're on the subject, anyone have any news on new 63 Crayons? I can imagine how busy Charlie is with the other E6 projects, I just hope he hasn't left behind his own material.

Harnk
12-03-2009, 07:58 AM
I found Good People to be the summation of all sunpop bands at once. Likable, but total back shelf stuff. The sort of thing that falls in through the backdoor of a scene obsession.

David_R._Gross
02-18-2010, 12:40 PM
This was made in 2007, I lost the tracklist and forgotten the order of tracks for a few years. This thread reminded me of it, so I spent some time contacting the original owner. Luckily she still had the copy, and now:

A themed mix about space....a Spacemix (it includes "Rocketship")

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hz4o77

Also, Spread the Love EP? Does anyone own it....is it good....when was it released? I thought 63 Crayons only had 3 full lengths out.