PDA

View Full Version : Iowa City Show

Mod Rod
04-28-2004, 08:42 AM
Of Montreal was fantastic last night, so Amazing I saw them 3 nights in a row! And i have to say the Iowa City show was there best! Casper and BP were rocking hard, Dottie looked like she was having fun and Kevin played Honeymoon in San Fran to close the night!
so nice! The only thing that stunk about last night was the openeners!
the Openers in Des Moines was so much better!

mmm
04-28-2004, 01:03 PM
here here. rocking show. very fun.

please come back to iowa city....hehe

badminton
04-28-2004, 01:30 PM
i wish i would have been there to here honeymoon. i love that song. i'm very jealous now

airy harab
05-01-2004, 12:39 AM
yes!!! i also attended. i had to drive down there from minneapolis because that show was 21+ and i am not of age but i'm so glad i did! it was the best time i've ever had. i still can't get it out of my head how great it all was.

airy harab
05-01-2004, 12:48 AM
i have pictures of the show
to view go to photobucket.com
account: giantsquid
password: ofmontreal

[Edited on 5-1-2004 by airy harab]

Mod Rod
05-05-2004, 12:08 PM
I could not get to your pictures?

airy harab
05-09-2004, 09:17 PM
ahhhhh sorry, i forgot that important last S in username giantsquidS

tacolad
05-10-2004, 02:53 PM
i wouldn't rip on the opener THAT much.

me and my friends thought that the first opening band was GENIUS. sometimes ya get a band that's so horrifyingly awful that you have to stand up and applaud their horrible-ness. and My Business Failed in 3 Weeks is one of those bands, i say.

i'd rather listen to a band like that who are truly, marvelously, engagingly jaw-droppingly horrible than your usual run-o-the-mill boring openers. at least we were entertained in their bad-ness.

dottie told me she's nicknamed them The Screaming Twees. she never fails to make me laugh.

cant believe there were people who came down from Minneap and others who were gig-to-gigging with the band...

i went to chicago and iowa city and thought i'd be the only one in this neck of the woods seeing more than 1 show... isn't this so amazing that we've latched on to a band that's SO perfectly wonderful that they're worth chasing around the country as much as we do?

:)

shane
excellentonline.com

ihavenoface
05-11-2004, 10:03 AM
I saw of montreal in des moines, and they were incredible, so high energy, and they played better live. It was great.