PDA

View Full Version : CORNELIUS--FANTASMA!!

acrobat
04-19-2004, 11:53 PM
OH MY GOODNESS!!

OK, maybe I'm the last to know this, but in any case. So on Sunday (couple of days ago) I go to a local record shop and pick up Cornelius--Fantasma (a fantastic record, by the way--just wonderful). Anyway, it was just today that I looked through the liner notes, and I see our heroes Hilarie Sidney and Robert Schnieder credited with lyrics and music to track 8!!! ( "Chapter 8--Seashore and Horizon" ). I remember when playing the record earlier the day before that that track sounded like some band I'd heard elsewhere. After a moment of "acrobat, yr dumb!" I listened to the track again and realized even more how great it was. Like I said, maybe this is common knowledge or something, but I never knew.

To Hilarie or Robert: The track is WONDERFUL! just curious..how do you know Keigo? and why wasn't that track used for an Apples effort? Like I said, just curious.

Man, ok, I just had to post this. Excuse my effusiveness. :)

dolemites_sister
04-20-2004, 02:03 AM
That is a really good album. I haven't heard any of their other music, but Fantasma is excellent.
j

everythingfallstogether
04-20-2004, 05:29 AM
Do they have a site i could check them out at?

DrinkTeaEatBooks
04-20-2004, 09:41 AM
YES! Other Cornelius fans!

He's brill! I have all of his stuff - and Chapter 8 is just pure bliss (2 of my favourite artists collaborating...) - but then Fantasma is possibly one of the greatest musical concoctions ever made, if for the sheer humerous value of playing Magoo Opening at parties alone...
Quite fond of the other stuff, Point, 69/96, First Question Award etc, but nothing really comes close.

The official site is http://www.corneliussound.com , but that's not too helpful. There aren't too many other sites around either. I have all his stuff on Soulseek (same nickname as on the boards), so feel free to download....