PDA

View Full Version : BOOTLEGS!!

perfectbrokenmirror
05-06-2003, 04:19 PM
Ok, because of the many questions regarding recordings of shows I thought that it would be handy if we created a topic. So, basically I guess if you have any recorded shows or shows that you would like to own you can place a request etc.

I basically have most of the stuff that's on the elephant 6 website. I have a live show of the Shins froms stubbs and that's about it - for now.

cheers,
c.s.

raf
05-06-2003, 07:01 PM
ok, does anyone have neutral milk hotel shows on cd's? if so, can you make mp3's please?

the only shows available online are:
07/04/96 - aquarius records
03/04/98 - cats cradle
04/12/98 - bottom of the hill
04/18/98 - terrastock
06/21/98 - xfm session
07/03/98 - bug jar
12/05/98 - chris b's birthday party

so, does anyone have any other than these? please!

Freakboy
05-06-2003, 07:13 PM
I wish I did.
Who's chris b? i think i heard a recording of In The Aeroplane Over The Sea and somebody says "Holland 1945 is chris's favorite song" or something.
How does all this work? you give your adress ans some1 sends you shows?
*is confused*

perfectbrokenmirror
05-06-2003, 08:36 PM
yeah... if someone has a show that you want you ask them about prices etc and arrange something between yourselves. I know some people on do b&p or some make you pay for shipping - depends on the person.

hmm...i hope that's clearer. explaining is not my forte.

c.s.

spacehorse
05-07-2003, 10:07 AM
ohmanohmanohman.

where did you find those nmh bootlegs raf??

i have a bootleg of of montreal from last summer, it has some (not too bad) sound issues though. nothing that couldnt be fixed with an equalizer..... if i knew how to use one.

i'd like to request some OM bootlegs.

perfectbrokenmirror
05-07-2003, 11:47 AM
oh yes... i also have some belle and sebastian shows.

yes, by all means raf, where did you find all those nmh bootlegs?

c.s

raf
05-07-2003, 12:25 PM
i traded a couple and found the rest on file sharing softwares. i'm sharing them on soulseek too.

i have about 10 others on tape, but i can't transfer them to the computer, will only be able to do it in august. and i know some people out there have them on cd's, so they could rip them for us.

i'm looking at you, sadtomato! :D

please, people

Andy McAllister
05-08-2003, 10:55 AM
Does anyone happen to have any Circulatory System or Minders bootlegs?

nice man washing
05-09-2003, 02:17 AM
I'd love to get hold of some Circulatory System bootlegs too. But it seems the way this works is for people to exchange material - sadly I have nothing to exchange as they haven't made it over to Europe to play live yet.

Can anyone help?

abstrick
05-09-2003, 10:32 AM
I have a copy of Circulatory System - 11/14/02 at Schuba's in Chicago. I can do b&p's or trade. Send me an email. Include your list if you want to trade.

abstrick1130@aol.com

[Edited on 5-9-2003 by abstrick]

spacehorse
05-09-2003, 01:12 PM
i should probably know this, but what does "b&p" mean?

abstrick
05-09-2003, 02:48 PM
Blank + Postage = You mail blank discs plus a self addressed stamped envelope inside a large envelope to the person that is burning the cds. After the burner makes your cds, they put them in the self addressed stamped envelope you supplied and drop them in the mail box. The cds are then enroute back to you.

pt
05-10-2003, 07:20 PM
The B&P gospel can be found at:

http://www.mcnichol.com/bnp/

Also, I've got an FTP server and am willing to host any E6 recordings that people are willing to share. Email me off list for either an upload or download login: pt -at- bumpyhead.com

JuneSalutesYou
05-11-2003, 06:26 PM
Rather than start a new topic I'll just post this here. If you haven't heard the few Arm of Roger (alias Grandaddy) tracks on the internet you should really hear them.

http://www.sweatofthealps.com/roger.html

I highly recommend the Pussy Song ;)

Duster
05-14-2003, 02:09 PM
Does anyone have any essex green bootlegs? I have a show from Virginia a couple of years ago I could offer in trade. They are tour right now. Is anyone taping the shows?

windorab
05-15-2003, 09:54 AM
In response to the Essex Green query, I have one show which is actually a radio session from WFMU in NJ. It's taped direct from the FM signal > Cassette > PC > CDR. The sound quality is pretty solid.

It's from just after the EP came out...no major earthshattering versions or anything, but nice, nonetheless.

Email me at windorab@comcast.net and I'll hook you up.

I have some other E6 stuff...some SHN sources, some mp3 sourced, as well....it's kinda random and most of it has already been mentioned earlier by others on this thread.

Freakboy
05-15-2003, 05:57 PM
I have NMH and/or jeff mangum cd with these songs:

1. the "I need to taste your voice" song
2. Glue
3. Oh sister
4 Engine (on the train version)
5 Gardenhead (soft version)
6 Jaw Harp
7 I hear you breathe
8 Love you more than life
9 Ferris wheel on Fire
10 the "Cindy smiles and overcoats" song
11 You can Deny all your Addictions
12 Sinking ship
13 In The aeroplane over the sea
(One with amazing trumpets)
14 Circle of Friends
15 The interview between Jeff and Robert Shnieder
16 Wishful Eyes
17 The three songs in one, which has she did a lot of acid in the middle.

That's the only thing i can trade, it wasnt a show its just a bunch of rare recordings.
its actually a really cool cd, email me at freak_boy18@hotmail.com if you want it

William
05-25-2003, 10:05 AM
I have these live Neutral Milk Hotel/Jeff Mangum (Live Mostly) MP3s:

(Untitled)
Little Birds
Glue
My Dreamgirl
Engine
Sailing Through
Through My Tears
Bucket
She Did Alot Of Acid