PDA

View Full Version : Neil Hamburger, Vic Chesnutt, Elf Power, N. Grizol, Scott Spillane-OT land October 9!

theozumm
09-03-2009, 10:21 AM
Orange Twin is excited to announce our FALL CONCERT on October 9th, 2009. It will take place in our amphitheater! The schedule is as follows...
11:30 - Neil Hamburger
9:30 - Vic Chesnutt and Elf Power
8:45 - Nana Grizol
8:00 - Scott E. Spillane EXP
Elf Power will play a set of their own songs and a set with Vic of songs off their album "Dark Developments."
Camping will be available to guests upon request. Please email laura@orangetwin.com if you would like to camp.
Tickets cost $12 and will be available at www.orangetwin.com, Wuxtry records and Schoolkids records in Athens starting FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 4th.
We're super excited about the show! It's going to be fun!
If you're coming from out of town, stick around for the FAUST/CIRCULATORY SYSTEM show the next night. Duh.
Thanks!

geneautry
09-03-2009, 10:32 AM
it's going to be so much fun! I CAN NOT WAIT YOU GUISE!

mirk
09-03-2009, 11:23 AM
why did i ever leave athens?

mgocze
09-03-2009, 01:27 PM
all star lineup, right there!!

radiowires
09-03-2009, 09:01 PM
this sounds wonderful - wish I could be there.
maybe I will FIND A WAY.

geneautry
09-03-2009, 11:18 PM
please please please radiowires!

jonnys son
09-03-2009, 11:26 PM
ssssssoooooooo glad i just moved to athens! def camping

jared7
09-04-2009, 11:36 PM
a friend and i might come from michigan for this. would the camping be freeee?

theozumm
09-07-2009, 07:05 AM
yes camping by SLIDING SCALE DONATION BUT please email laura@orangetwin.com to RSVP. Also if you're driving the parking rates are as follows
FREE - car at full capacity
$5 - 3-4 people in car
$10 - 2 people in car
$20 - 1 person in car
all parking proceeds will be donated to the Orange Twin Conservation Community.
Thanks! Be there or miss out on pancakes!

GlowRightIntoYou
09-08-2009, 01:51 PM
I'll be there with bells on.

LITERALLY. FUCKING BELLS.

geneautry
09-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Be there or miss out on pancakes!

this is worth the $12 alone, you guys.
i've been working real hard lately
on how one can play pancakes
with so many people, and i think
i have come up with a solution.

what is this solution? you are probably wondering.
well, the only way to find out is to come to
the show! so come on down! WEEEEE!!!!!!!!

geneautry
09-08-2009, 05:35 PM
also, i'll make the cuuuuuuuuuuttttttttteeeesssstttttttttttt dinosaur pb&j's you'll ever see!

Dihnekis
09-08-2009, 06:33 PM
i'm gonna try to be at this.

GlowRightIntoYou
09-08-2009, 08:24 PM
also, i'll make the cuuuuuuuuuuttttttttteeeesssstttttttttttt dinosaur pb&j's you'll ever see!

Can I request a specific dinosaur, or is it going to be a surprise?

GlowRightIntoYou
09-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Apatosaurus' only!

GOOD. It's already to my exact specifications, then.

alltomorrowsparties
09-09-2009, 09:08 AM

pleez connor.
robby and i will find a way.
because this announcement just made me pee a little.

jonnys son
09-09-2009, 12:40 PM
should i have received an email about camping yet?

Krams
09-19-2009, 05:18 PM
I need to live in Athens. Good lineup.

radiowires
09-19-2009, 07:07 PM
should i have received an email about camping yet?

I wouldn't worry about it, if you show up you'll be fine. LIKE WOODSTOCK but with Neil Hamburger so even better.

theozumm
09-29-2009, 11:50 AM
We still need volunteers before/during the show! in exchange for a free ticket!! email theo@orangetwin.com if you're interested!!

Dihnekis
10-08-2009, 07:22 AM
I'm coming to this, and hopefully camping all weekend.

Dihnekis
10-10-2009, 02:07 PM
i was there, although we got there really late and only saw Neil Hamburger... who was pretty awful imo.

We are camping though, stayed last night and are staying again tonight after the circulatory system show. Orange Twin land is awesome!

radiowires
10-10-2009, 04:27 PM
It's over the whole weekend?! I'm missing more stuff tonight too?!!

who else is scheduled for tonight in addition to CS (he posts to people who are high in the woods right now...)

emmi_i
10-10-2009, 04:29 PM
It's over the whole weekend?! I'm missing more stuff tonight too?!!

who else is scheduled for tonight in addition to CS (he posts to people who are high in the woods right now...)

tonight's Faust, (a show at the squirrel too) and then tomorrow there's a performance workshop by faust at Cine`

radiowires
10-10-2009, 06:40 PM
oh yeah, now I remember - all of that's in town, not at Orange Twin.

Still wish I could be there for it, but that makes me feel better.

I'm yearning for photos, videos, recordings, stories from the extravaganza at OT last night!!

Naomi
10-11-2009, 03:37 PM

what, I would have gone if I had known this was offered! Will you make me one, I'll pay you $12

Dihnekis
10-12-2009, 08:10 AM
Three friends and I camped on Orange Twin land Friday and Saturday night. We dosed before the Circulatory System/Faust concert and stayed up until sunrise afterward banging on the old piano/random percussion/elementary school chairs at the girl scout pavilion and exploring the woods in the dark, playing guitar and uke. We met 3 complete strangers that shared the entire experience and were some amazing people. It was only the seven of us Saturday night, and we had the whole place to ourselves. Wandering through the woods with laser pointers and glow sticks for illumination is fun :).

Laura and her dad were great, we tried to stay out of there way but they were very nice and the camping situation simply could not have been more ideal. This was quite literally one of the best weekends of my entire life.

EarthlyCitizen
10-12-2009, 09:23 AM
Orange Twin was incredible. I am one of the three that joined Dihnekis' group of 4 for camping both nights (to dihnekis: i'm cameron by the way). It was awesome meeting such great people out there. Circulatory system and faust completely blew me away. My favorite part of the show was when John and Heather joined faust on stage for the improvisation. They used what i think was a cement mixer filled with glass or something for percussion. It was otherworldly. It seemed like less than ten minutes from the packed 40 watt till we were descending into the forests at orange twin. the rest of saturday night was amazing. hanging out in the girl scout pavilion with new friends, making music, having conversation. i loved walking out into the forest alone knowing that i could always follow the ghostly piano music back through the forest to the candlelit pavilion. I definitely left a part of myself out there. It's a wonderful place and i'm extremely grateful for the opportunity to camp out there like that. It was a weekend I'll never forget.

lisa
10-13-2009, 01:42 PM
I second that it was incredible. I camped out there with a friend and we met some awesome people from Massachusetts that we ended up spending the day with. Absolutely one of the best weekends of my life, Orange Twin was an amazing place to be. We intended to stay the whole weekend, but after Circulatory System/Faust we had so much energy that we drove back to Florida. And thanks so much to the three guys who helped us carry our stuff back to our car at 2am.

Anubis
10-14-2009, 10:40 PM
Hahaha, you're welcome.

That was a long walk, but it was completely awesome. If you haven't gathered from the other posts, we were in a happy frame of mind during the walk back to the cars. Your contribution to our mental state on the walk back only made things more interesting.

Thanks again, and it was fun walking you guys.

GlowRightIntoYou
10-16-2009, 03:14 PM
I'm so bummed I had to miss this at last minute.

jared7
10-16-2009, 03:46 PM
i found this great video from it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5o9nI6J0d0&feature=player_embedded

wish i could have been there.

jared7
10-17-2009, 01:14 AM
haha, i love the versions of blackbox where theo shouts a lot like that. i hope that's how he sings on the recording.

Biscuit
10-17-2009, 06:04 AM
Great video, but it makes me sad they didn't do the "Dah, Dah, Dah, Dahs" ):