PDA

View Full Version : hey sean!

friend
05-05-2003, 01:56 PM
i heard that people are unable to sign up as new members on this board. something to do with the SQL code for the email field.

staralfur
05-14-2003, 08:12 PM
yes, that is true. i got a nice email from a girl who was very sad she couldn't sign up. (hello madam rachel)

seandavidson
05-16-2003, 09:11 PM
Hey guys I will look into it and try to fix the issue, I have been in the hospital since April 25th, so I have been out of the loop.

Sean

friend
05-19-2003, 01:43 PM
wow, that's a long time. i hope you're ok. :)

perfectbrokenmirror
05-22-2003, 05:16 PM
GET WELL SOON!!!!

seandavidson
05-23-2003, 02:27 PM
Okay guys, I have been out of the hospital for a week now. I am feeling better, but I still have a large hole in my right lower belly (I will be taking a picture of it if you guys want to see it). The doctors are waiting for a smaller hole in the larger hole to heal then they will be closing me up with a skin graft. I think that will take about two or three more weeks.
The bad thing is I have not been able to work all this time.

Well I fixed the registration problem on the forum so you can now register if you have not yet.

Thanks to all of you that have sent good thoughts to me in my time of need. You all rock!

Sean

opopopo
05-23-2003, 03:13 PM
ooo! i want to see a picture of it indeed! it sounds nice and nasty.

i hope all heals well and youre able to get back to all of the fun lifes got for ya!

Plastic_hero
05-24-2003, 01:57 AM
Yeah show us the picture, and get well soon! :D

seandavidson
05-24-2003, 12:47 PM
I am taking it tonight so it will be posted soon.

Sean

perfectbrokenmirror
05-24-2003, 10:51 PM
if you don't my asking, why were you in the hospital?

c.s.

seandavidson
05-24-2003, 11:50 PM
I went in to the ER on April 25th because I was having pains in my lower right belly for the last 4 days and it was not getting any better. The Doctors told me that I had to have my appendix taken out. So I was up in the OR within 3 hours of arriving at the ER. Well my appendix burst during the surgury and after the surgury I got an infection from the burst appendix. So my right side of my body was bright red (from my lower belly to my foot). So after the doctors watching for a day or so I was back in the OR (on the following day). They cut out a large portion of the lower right belly out (right now it is 22cm x 9cm, it was larger when they cut it out the day of the surgury). Then after a week of hanging out in the hospital I some how got a hole in my colon (I think they might have clipped it during the surgury).

So now we are just waiting for the hole in the colon to heal and then I will go back into the hospital to get a skin graft to close the hole. Last I heard from my doctor it will be another 2-3 weeks before that happens.

So to sum it all up, I had a lot of infections in the hospital and that kept me there for so long. The one thing I learned from this is make sure to goto the hospital if you are not feeling well for more than 2 days or so. If I would have gone to the ER sooner my appendix would not have burst. But you live and learn.

Thanks for listening.

Sean

dolemites_sister
05-25-2003, 04:39 AM
Yikes that sounds terrible!

I hope everything heals soon! Sorry to hear about your ordeal!
j

seandavidson
05-25-2003, 03:02 PM
Okay here are the photos that you all wanted to see.

Sean's Wound (http://www.amnesiaent.com/images/sean-wound_1.jpg)
Sean's Wound 2 (http://www.amnesiaent.com/images/sean-wound_2.jpg)

As you can see in the photos there is one area in the wound that has a yellowish brown area. We are just waiting for that area to heal and as soon as it does I can get a skin graft to close the large hole.

Enjoy the photos.

Sean

[Edited on 5-25-2003 by seandavidson]

William
05-25-2003, 03:54 PM
I'm sure I don't want to see the pictures..:P

I had the problem with signing up for a while too...I decided to try again today and it worked, so here I am now.

thelatebphelium
05-25-2003, 06:38 PM
sean,

those pictures are wild!
looks like the size of a good steak.
on the bloody side.

do you have some kind of huge
foamy bandage for it? that's insane!

my father had his appendix burst on him
while he was on a cross country airplane flight.
they had to make an emergency landing in
charlotte, nc. he was in the hospital for 3 weeks as well.
it's the only time i ever saw my dad with a beard.

you're quite the champion, sean.
keep up the fight!

b.p.

seandavidson
05-25-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by thelatebphelium

do you have some kind of huge
foamy bandage for it? that's insane!

I have what they call "softfoam" that goes over the wound. I have to use two of them. And then I tape it down and it gets changed about very two days. Since the smaller hole in the large wound is still leaking some yellowish brown liquid.

I send spend most of my days laying down in bed, but I am getting more and more energy each day. Like today I was able to get out of the house and get my hair cut, but after that I was so tired I had to go home and take a nap.

Sean

rickard
05-26-2003, 12:12 PM
wooaa....
I shouldn't have clicked on that link....
uuurrrk....

haennric
05-26-2003, 01:21 PM
Woooaw! That had to hurt a lot!
My thoughts are with you!
It looks insanely awful...

seandavidson
05-26-2003, 01:51 PM
Just to let you all know the photos you are looking at now look good. You can tell it is healing. 3 weeks ago it looked worse (I wish I had photos of it then). But I understand it would freak anyone out to see it.

It still does hurt a little, I am taking Norco's for pain (but running out). Like I said earlier I should be healed within about 2-3 weeks.

Sean

opopopo
05-26-2003, 02:38 PM
if you forget the fact that its a gruesome wound, it really is quite a pretty color. it looks like its going to leave a funky scar even if you get a skin graft... you should start thinking up some strange stories to tell people and go around showing it off to strangers.

lots of wishes for a speedy recovery here, enjoy your bloody mess until it heals!

perfectbrokenmirror
05-26-2003, 02:58 PM
AHHHHHH!!! that's huge. i really hope that all goes well. i was complete aghast when i saw the size of your wound. i never expected it to be that big.

glad things are going well. you seem really optimistic. i think i would be pissy if i was in your condition.

hope all heals well.

c.s.

Mildred
05-27-2003, 02:00 AM
Hey Sean!
Truly hope that your recovery is getting on smoothly, and that you have someone there taking good care of you! (giving you small presents to cheer you up, feeding you with nutritious food, and most importantly lots of ice-cream!)

I'll remember that advice on going to the hospital in time since some of my friends have had their appendix removed and as far as I can recall their cuts were not close to as big as yours!

Krya på dig!

dolemites_sister
05-27-2003, 02:09 AM
that picture does remind me now of why I quit being pre-med...

But that will be a cool scar! Way cooler than the little holes from my gallbladder surgery! And I thought I had it bad!

friend
05-27-2003, 10:12 AM
wow, sean, wow! positive healing vibrations!

anomaleigh
05-30-2003, 11:37 PM
Nothing good ever happens or comes round on my birthday.....
It would be enough to make me crazy,if I werent already...
get well and all that.
ann make sure u see those docs wash theyre hands before they touch you!Bye.

seandavidson
05-31-2003, 04:54 PM
Okay an update on my condition. I will be going in to sugury on June 9th for a skin graft to close up my wound. I will spend 4 days in the hospital to make sure the graft took.

I will let you all know how it goes when we go on June 9th.

Sean

dolemites_sister
06-01-2003, 05:39 AM
Good Luck, Sean!

We'll be thinking about you...
jenn

friend
06-02-2003, 08:41 AM
much luck and healing vibes filled with light to you.

opopopo
06-17-2003, 09:54 AM
Sean! whats the latest? you still alive there?

hope all went well!

seandavidson
06-17-2003, 03:05 PM
I am still alive, I am still healing. I had my skin graft surgery last monday and was in the hospital until last friday. The healing process is on it's way. The place were they took the skin from hurts, and the area were they put the skin is fine but looks sort of bad right now. I hope it heals a little better.

I am planning on going back to work next week, the money is low so I need to go back.

Other than just hanging out at the house and playing my xbox and working on a new release for the label, I am very bored.

Sean

[Edited on 6-17-2003 by seandavidson]

opopopo
06-19-2003, 12:26 PM
glad to hear youre doing well, have fun with the xbox :)