PDA

View Full Version : oh my goodness!!!!

mgocze
04-14-2009, 01:51 PM
http://orbitinghumancircus.com/

!!! oh, to pay the mortgage or to go to new york city???

drumsandfire
04-14-2009, 02:29 PM
mortgages are overrated anyway

Abel
04-14-2009, 02:46 PM
There will probably be some competition.

Birds...The silent killer
04-14-2009, 03:15 PM
Hmmmm.... I do love Music Tapes and i do live in NY.

mgocze
04-14-2009, 03:35 PM
mortgages are overrated anyway

haha, that's what i've been thinking for the past few weeks! this doesn't help!

a bus from maine to new york is only $99 round trip, and i have a friend i could probably stay with. i don't know how wise this is to do, given that i am just getting over the pneumonia and that i haven't worked in a month and i don't have much money.

but, i have been meaning to go and visit her anyway. and i already have the time off from work; my dad isn't expecting me to go back until next week.

but if i do go and get sick again, i'm totally screwed.

oh, conundrums. it'll be an interesting few days.

Akryllic Love
04-14-2009, 03:42 PM
I like the Will C. Hart original in the background.

beeftown
04-14-2009, 04:16 PM
I was supposed to be going to New York that day. And then the date was changed.
Some great power must hate me, or I just have consistently terrible luck.

TheShiveringDifference
04-14-2009, 04:37 PM
I live in Maine as well, (I feel for you) but what I face is the fact that I am 15 years old, which really sucks in any situation involving age, concerts, and anything else amazing that I care of. Oddly, though, is that my dad has been wanting to go to New York lately... though as an exchange I might have to not take drivers ed. for a LONG time. Maybe I could just "disappear" from my parents on Saturday.

Rarn
04-14-2009, 04:40 PM
Aww man I just can't logistically get to the city this weekend. Oh well :\

Abel
04-14-2009, 04:41 PM
I don't see why you would put so much on the line to get this thing, there will probably be like 100 people all over it before you even get there and it's just going to be a waste of your time and money.

GlowRightIntoYou
04-14-2009, 04:49 PM
These are the types of things that make me wish I'd finished building my teleportation device.

mgocze
04-14-2009, 04:59 PM
I don't see why you would put so much on the line to get this thing, there will probably be like 100 people all over it before you even get there and it's just going to be a waste of your time and money.

perhaps, but the person i'd be staying with is one of my best friends who i have not seen for a while. i have been wanting to get to the city to visit her (she's lived there for a few years now) but i've never been able to because of work. but i am off from work right now, so in that regard, it makes sense (it also doesn't make sense in terms of finances, so there's that aspect of this as well). there is a chance that this weekend will not work for her (i'm still waiting to hear), but if it does, why shouldn't i try? it's not really wasted money if i get to visit with her and spend a spring weekend in the city (i've only been once before and it was in the fall and under very weird circumstances).

it's all very preliminary and it's a lot to consider. it probably won't happen, but it would be fun to go.

drumsandfire
04-14-2009, 06:23 PM
someone on here better be the one that gets it... i'd give a few toes to know what it is!

Abel
04-14-2009, 07:38 PM
A sack full of 2nd Symphonies.

Gotham
04-14-2009, 08:08 PM
Okay so I live in NJ and am 20 minutes from the city, and currently not in college so I have nothing to do. Therefore I'm definitely taking the bus to Port Authority and embarking on this journey. If I am able to obtain whatever it is, I will take a picture and upload whatever it is.

Now, do you think the items on the antlers will be put at 2pm or before? By the looks of it, it seems they will be placed at 2. I'm going to go in like an hour early though.

Abel
04-14-2009, 08:23 PM
Yeah that's what I was wondering about. It seems like you could just get there early, stalk Julian or whoever, and pretty much take it out of his hand as he lets go.

Gotham
04-14-2009, 08:33 PM
haha my plan exactly

04-14-2009, 10:36 PM
It's a hard decision. I could get there really early and just enjoy Central Park with my girlfriend. But, if you get there early and take it right out of his hands it seems so cheap. Also, there is a good chance more than one person gets there early. Yeah. Whoever gets this better share what it is on townhall.

Gotham
04-14-2009, 10:49 PM
I'm assuming there's more than one thing, I mean it'd be weird for there to be just one. Wasn't there the whole thing with the acorns way back when? I'm pretty sure there were a few acorns.

04-14-2009, 10:55 PM
I'm assuming there's more than one thing, I mean it'd be weird for there to be just one. Wasn't there the whole thing with the acorns way back when? I'm pretty sure there were a few acorns.

What happened with the acorns?

appalled i was
04-14-2009, 11:09 PM
A sack full of 2nd Symphonies.

that was my first thought

Gotham
04-14-2009, 11:25 PM
What happened with the acorns?

There was some secret concert, I mean I don't really know, but it involved finding acorns, going to a spot, and getting a secret Julian Koster concert or something. However, all the people that found the acorns were sworn to secrecy and refuse to share what happened, if you sift through the previous threads on this forum there was some thread with people trying to get them to spill the beans.

abgcunited11
04-15-2009, 10:34 AM
this sounds like so much fun. too bad i'll be in england this weekend.

GlowRightIntoYou
04-15-2009, 10:39 AM
I love weekend trips to Europe.

CaptainShuster
04-15-2009, 04:24 PM
Ahhh I'm moving to Manhattan on the 24th. Tragic!

Gotham
04-16-2009, 06:45 AM
I love weekend trips to Europe.

lol.

grantly
04-17-2009, 07:39 PM
Hello everyone. Julian wishes to pass on to please not show up too early tomorrow and that whoever gets what is given to them, please feel free to share what it is. There is only one of what the lucky person will receive so they are encouraged to share what they find with everyone.

beeftown
04-18-2009, 06:57 AM
Thanks grantly, and good luck to whoever is going to try today. :)

04-18-2009, 08:27 AM
I'm going. No way I'm getting there early enough though.

Gotham
04-18-2009, 12:35 PM
I have retrieved the prize and its this cool little paper cut out. Four others showed up and Julian left a letter telling me to send him there emails so of course I will. Once I am near a computer I will post a picture.

Gotham
04-18-2009, 12:40 PM
holy shit I just found a cd in it, and I'm guessing that's why the paper thing says night and day: a
song to the nighttime and daytime

Gotham
04-18-2009, 12:41 PM
will upload tomorrow night probs

mirk
04-18-2009, 12:55 PM
awesome, gotham. thanks for the updates.

it strikes me that this method of releasing music (mysterious post on website, treasure hunt of sorts to get music to fan, release of music through fan boards) is much more fun and "revolutionary" than radiohead's release of in rainbows. too bad it won't get any press (er, maybe that's a good thing).

Rarn
04-18-2009, 03:36 PM
a cd? awesome!

beeftown
04-18-2009, 07:03 PM
That's awesome, Gotham! Can't wait to see/hear it.

Yeah, Julian's methods of releasing material are much more fan oriented. I'm glad someone is doing it this way.

Dihnekis
04-18-2009, 08:07 PM
Awesome!

doctorSchwindel
04-18-2009, 08:57 PM
so, there were new songs on the music tapes/nana grizol tour, now 2 new songs within a month, this is really turning into the year of the julian

mgocze
04-18-2009, 09:14 PM
so, there were new songs on the music tapes/nana grizol tour, now 2 new songs within a month, this is really turning into the year of the julian

schedrevkas are typically sung on the eve of the julian new year (wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shchedryk)), so it makes sense for this span of time to be so julian-filled.

i'm very glad someone on the townhall received the surprise! complete life malfunctions prevented me from getting to the city. there's always next time, i suppose.

beeftown
04-18-2009, 09:15 PM
Seriously. The whole past year has been such an awesome E6 year in general, and I can only see it getting better.

GlowRightIntoYou
04-18-2009, 09:46 PM
holy shit i just found a cd in it, and i'm guessing that's why the paper thing says night and day: A
song to the nighttime and daytime

awesome.

Gotham
04-19-2009, 03:21 PM
okay so this song is fucking amazing! However I am still confined to this stupid iPod touch Internet,I have only been able to listen to it in my car, but I assure you I will post it within the next few hours.

Gotham
04-19-2009, 06:33 PM
http://www.e6townhall.com/showthread.php?p=198404#post198404

wingedfeetxc
04-28-2009, 04:08 PM
wow...so I was in Central Park that day at that time right there (Strawberry Fields) and I was not aware of this. I guess it doesn't pay to skip a few week on the Town Hall. Oh well. I cannot believe I just happened to be there at the right time at the right place and it was all by accident.