PDA

View Full Version : athens show

alltomorrowsparties
03-09-2009, 10:46 PM
uh huh.

did any of you kids with camcorders happen to get a video of life forms? sick julian & nesey tackling each other into the drum set was one of the greatest ends to a show/things i've ever seen...

emmi_i
03-10-2009, 12:35 AM
uh huh.

did any of you kids with camcorders happen to get a video of life forms? sick julian & nesey tackling each other into the drum set was one of the greatest ends to a show/things i've ever seen...

Yes. all o that. don't have a lot of time for uploading at the moment, but sometime this week.

Dihnekis
03-10-2009, 01:13 AM
I got to talk to Pete Erchick!

quixoticgoat
03-10-2009, 03:43 AM
i got the first half of lifeform and then my camera ran out of room i'm working on uploading the videos...

but here's the pictures!!

http://flickr.com/photos/quixoticgoat/sets/72157615060148700/

and here's the other other pictures i took of athens while i was there

http://flickr.com/photos/quixoticgoat/sets/72157614987530549/

thekingisdead
03-10-2009, 08:39 AM
things i did not get about this show include:

next to no one showing up for the openers, then a bunch of people showing up just in time to stand around and talk loudly during music tapes

People glaring at fans for actually moving around and enjoying the music. Those goofy people jumping around are just showing appreciation and returning all that energy the performers put into what they're doing. Also, it's a rock show. Chill out.

alltomorrowsparties
03-10-2009, 08:52 AM
but here's the pictures!!

http://flickr.com/photos/quixoticgoat/sets/72157615060148700/

and here's the other other pictures i took of athens while i was there

http://flickr.com/photos/quixoticgoat/sets/72157614987530549/

your pics are great!

quixoticgoat
03-10-2009, 08:53 AM
i didn't notice the haters. i think i was just too involved with dancing around and having fun. hah.

your pics are great!

thank you!

alltomorrowsparties
03-10-2009, 08:55 AM

next to no one showing up for the openers, then a bunch of people showing up just in time to stand around and talk loudly during music tapes

People glaring at fans for actually moving around and enjoying the music. Those goofy people jumping around are just showing appreciation and returning all that energy the performers put into what they're doing. Also, it's a rock show. Chill out.

there was SO MUCH talking over song for oceans falling. i truly don't understand why. i could barely hear julian and i was right smack in front of him....please talk somewhere else and be respectful!

Dihnekis
03-10-2009, 02:54 PM
i didn't notice the haters. i think i was just too involved with dancing around and having fun. hah.

thank you!

Yeah, I was pretty close and didn't really notice much talking at all. When he went into the crowd I thought it was plenty quiet, seemed like everyone who wasn't into had left by them, thankfully. I love when there isn't an asshole there to ruin things, and there didn't seem to be.

beeftown
03-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Those are some really great pictures.

loveminuszeroCB
03-10-2009, 06:07 PM

i wish more people would feel comfortable dancing about. sure, i look silly when i do it (and people usually assume i'm inebriated when i'm not), but it's fun. besides all that talking, i thought it was a lovely show!

Dihnekis
03-10-2009, 11:02 PM
I only move the right half of my body to the music for some reason. I think I'm going to eventually have a stroke and be paralyzed on the left side, and this is foreshadowing that.

TheMarvelousMr.Milk
03-11-2009, 12:44 AM
Was that you at the front, quixoticgoat? I thought so! I was literally two feet away from you. I should've said hi, but I'm a shy guy, y'know.

I was wearing a blue hoodie.

It was a fantastic fantastic fantastic show, by the way. The whole evening seems like a dream to me now.

Also, some dude tried to sell me drugs at one point. He was SO out of it, and he claimed to be in love with one of the band members. He wanted to turn the concert into a "real rave." I don't think he knew who the music tapes were.

Dihnekis
03-11-2009, 01:11 AM
Was that you at the front, quixoticgoat? I thought so! I was literally two feet away from you. I should've said hi, but I'm a shy guy, y'know.

I was wearing a blue hoodie.

It was a fantastic fantastic fantastic show, by the way. The whole evening seems like a dream to me now.

Also, some dude tried to sell me drugs at one point. He was SO out of it, and he claimed to be in love with one of the band members. He wanted to turn the concert into a "real rave." I don't think he knew who the music tapes were.

Dude, that guy tried to sell me drugs too! Well actually, he didn't try to sell them to me. At one point, I went to look where the people I'd come with had gone to, and the guy (beanie, mid 30s, jacket around his waist) motioned me over to come sit next to him on the couch. I ask him what he wants and pretends he didn't motion me over, so I was just like whatever and stayed on the couch next to him, watching the music tapes set up.

About 3 times he went to say something, but then clearly changed his mind and didn't speak up. Finally he goes "hey, I know this might sound crazy, but I'm actually here tonight giving away free drugs." It took a lot of effort not to burst out laughing... what the fuck kind of drugs do you have that you can afford to give away?

I was the guy with long blonde hair, giant chops, and a teal circulatory system tshirt, and I definitely saw quixoticgoat, had to have seen more of you.

quixoticgoat
03-11-2009, 02:22 AM
yeah, i was front and center. aww you guys should have said hi!

GlowRightIntoYou
03-11-2009, 06:13 AM
I was the guy with long blonde hair, giant chops, and a teal circulatory system tshirt, and I definitely saw quixoticgoat, had to have seen more of you.

I definitely saw you. I was standing behind quixoticgoat with my blue e6 shirt and a fedora. I heard some good stories about that drug guy too, haha. If I'm thinking of the right guy, I heard he got 'ejected' from the 40 Watt, haha.

alltomorrowsparties
03-11-2009, 08:22 AM
Dude, that guy tried to sell me drugs too!

whoa he was making the rounds! he chased down thekingisdead and pulled him aside to make an offer...so peculiar...

emmi_i
03-11-2009, 09:10 AM
dudes. was I the only one not offered free drugs by that guy? what the F?! n' such.

quixoticgoat
03-11-2009, 09:33 AM
dudes. was I the only one not offered free drugs by that guy? what the F?! n' such.

hah i didn't get asked either

geneautry
03-11-2009, 11:36 AM
i wanted to be asked for drugs. fuck!

i had a great time. specifically during life forms. the dead king and i will bring it everytime.

and i wish i met some of y'all. is loveminuszeroCB casey? or cate?!

GOOD TIMES, Y'ALL!

quixoticgoat
03-11-2009, 01:46 PM
yeah, i totally lost my shit during life form. and i've been listening to that song non-stop for the last few days. damn that was awesome.

were you hanging with king? is your name connor? was that someone else? maybe i did meet you and i had no idea.

emmi_i
03-11-2009, 01:58 PM
i wanted to be asked for drugs. fuck!

i had a great time. specifically during life forms. the dead king and i will bring it everytime.

and i wish i met some of y'all. is loveminuszeroCB casey? or cate?!

GOOD TIMES, Y'ALL!

she's casey

radiowires
03-11-2009, 04:49 PM
yeah, i totally lost my shit during life form. and i've been listening to that song non-stop for the last few days. damn that was awesome.

were you hanging with king? is your name connor? was that someone else? maybe i did meet you and i had no idea.

he's connor

quixoticgoat
03-11-2009, 04:50 PM
ah ha. we were standing next to each other then. aww yeah. the townhall totally ruled that show.

mirk
03-11-2009, 09:35 PM
very jealous...

Naomi
03-12-2009, 08:24 AM
hahaah AWESOME i was offered psychedelic drugs as well! that guy came up to me and said "you're beautiful, want to do drugs and have a great time" and tried to get me to sit on the couch with him.

that was a great show, i was just super emotional. it made me extremely nostalgic.

quixoticgoat
03-12-2009, 09:01 AM
first half of lifeform: http://vimeo.com/3598462

radiowires
03-12-2009, 09:13 AM
that cheered up my whole morning, thanks for posting it!!

quixoticgoat
03-12-2009, 09:25 AM
hah. i just noticed the crash cymbals in back. bitchin.

quixoticgoat
03-13-2009, 07:13 AM
all my videos are up on youtube now:
http://www.youtube.com/user/thepantyhosepoet

loveminuszeroCB
03-14-2009, 02:33 PM
ahh, those are great!
and: hi connor, i'm casey!

geneautry
03-14-2009, 10:05 PM
hiyapal!