PDA

View Full Version : the 2nd imaginary symphony for cloudmaking label artwork.

mgocze
01-05-2009, 07:44 PM
i won a copy of the 2nd imaginary symphony for cloudmaking off of ebay... last week? the week before? i don't recall. it was right after christmas-ish, which is the only reason why i could actually afford to do such a thing, haha.

at any rate, the cd arrived today and the artwork on the cd label is certainly not that of julian's. nor is the handwriting.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/__foldandfreeze/100_5117.jpg

does anyone else have this mystery artist's work on their cd-r too??? anyone know who the mystery artist may be?

i have a few guesses, but i'm curious.

TokyoSquid
01-05-2009, 08:02 PM
gremlins, id figure.

radiowires
01-06-2009, 09:44 AM
wow, that's awesome. There are some similarities between the writing on the label and Jeff's handwriting. But the easiest way to find out who created that art is to contact Julian.

earthlingmortal
01-07-2009, 09:02 PM
Nesey Gallons?

emmi_i
01-08-2009, 12:36 AM
hard to say... these were released in '02 I believe...

AndrewSamson
10-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Bumpity bump. I believe it was Robbie's or Brian's handwriting. Maria, I had no idea you won this, I am unbelievably jealous. Also thanks again for the shirt and CD. :D

AndrewSamson
10-10-2011, 05:45 PM
[QUOTE=mgocze;187207]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/__foldandfreeze/100_5117.jpgQUOTE]

quoting for viewing purposes

Ldopa
10-13-2011, 08:11 AM
thats not what mine looks like. mine has orange crayon and a bunch of clouds

thedreamcomparison
10-13-2011, 08:32 AM
I want i want

mgocze
10-13-2011, 08:45 AM
i never posted about this again? i thought i did.

the eyes and handwriting belong to nesey. the cd doesn't actually play in any of the cd players i've tried it in*, which is incredibly frustrating. it isn't terribly scratched or anything, so i don't know what the deal is there. anytime it try to rip it into my computer, it gets hung up on the first track and never makes any progress, but it shows that there are however many tracks there are on the cd (16? 14? i don't remember). it's annoying and i'm kinda peeved that i spent as much as i did on it and can't even listen to it. caveat emptor.

(*it is worth mentioning that my stereo has stopped playing almost every cd i try playing in it, so it could just be that stereo in particular, but i can't get it to play on my little discman fellow or any of the three computers i've tried it in either. i've never tried playing it in my car stereo because it's got that six disc changer in the trunk and i generally only change out the cds in there once a year or when my ipod transmitter dies.)

AndrewSamson
10-13-2011, 12:05 PM
i never posted about this again? i thought i did.

the eyes and handwriting belong to nesey. the cd doesn't actually play in any of the cd players i've tried it in*, which is incredibly frustrating. it isn't terribly scratched or anything, so i don't know what the deal is there. anytime it try to rip it into my computer, it gets hung up on the first track and never makes any progress, but it shows that there are however many tracks there are on the cd (16? 14? i don't remember). it's annoying and i'm kinda peeved that i spent as much as i did on it and can't even listen to it. caveat emptor.

(*it is worth mentioning that my stereo has stopped playing almost every cd i try playing in it, so it could just be that stereo in particular, but i can't get it to play on my little discman fellow or any of the three computers i've tried it in either. i've never tried playing it in my car stereo because it's got that six disc changer in the trunk and i generally only change out the cds in there once a year or when my ipod transmitter dies.)

I'm pretty sure it's just your stereo then. Also discmans have trouble reading CD-rs usually, as for ripping it, I dunno, my computer does that with CDs sometimes. Either way, I want one! :P

j_brodu
10-13-2011, 12:17 PM
Yeah, it's probably just a particular type of CD-R that your cd player doesn't like. I love the artwork though, certainly looks like something Nesey would do.