PDA

View Full Version : Story of awkward glances.

Sashinator
11-16-2008, 02:45 PM
I thought Id keep up the awkward threads theme with an awkward story of sideways glances at the Elephant 6 Holiday Surprise tour in Chicago.

So, me, standing in the crowd at the show. Bright lights make it easy to see the flannel- clad crowd. A couple of girls were very excited to see Jeff Mangum, justifying my occasional turn of the head. And behind them I noticed a tall, unshaven figure with strong eyebrows. I notice weird things like eyebrows. Anyway, I knew that I knew the face, but I couldnt place it. It was terribly upsetting. I knew that this was someone significant. I looked back again to see if that would help. It didnt help my memory, but I did get a glance in return. There go the butterflies.

Anyway, I now realize it was Jeremy Barnes. I cant believe I couldnt figure it out.
So, was anyone else at the Chicago Elephant 6 Holiday Surprise Tour? and maybe also saw a Jeremy Barnes looking fella in the crowd?

GlowRightIntoYou
11-21-2008, 11:36 AM
Yeah, I was there too. It's been confirmed that Jeremy was there that night - the first time all four members of Neutral Milk Hotel have been all in one place in almost eleven years. It would have been really cool if he'd played on stage, but you never know what might happen in the future. That's awesome that you got to see him.

lou2ser
11-21-2008, 12:54 PM
the first time all four members of Neutral Milk Hotel have been all in one place in almost eleven years.

AHAAH opened for OTC in NYC during the 2005 reunions. Jeff was also there that night and sang on I Have Been Floated.

GlowRightIntoYou
11-21-2008, 04:41 PM
Were Julian and Scott there, too? I just heard that the four of them hadn't all been together since their NMH touring, but I could definitely be wrong.

lou2ser
11-21-2008, 04:55 PM
Were Julian and Scott there, too? I just heard that the four of them hadn't all been together since their NMH touring, but I could definitely be wrong.

Yes, Julian and Scott were playing with OTC during the reunion tour.

GlowRightIntoYou
11-23-2008, 12:17 AM
Yes, Julian and Scott were playing with OTC during the reunion tour.

Well my ass was WRONG. Haha, that's sweet though.