PDA

View Full Version : Make sure you're registered to vote, motherf#@&ers

funeralpudding
09-30-2008, 03:41 PM
If you're not registered, hurry your ass up

If you are: make sure. There's been a scheme going on called "voter caging" (google it) where the Republicans are trying to disqualify registered voters because they didn't return a piece of mail. They are not just targeting minorities and Democratic areas, but astonishingly even people recently foreclosed on and soldiers serving overseas. And if you think this is nonsense, you haven't heard how it was used in Ohio in 2004 to win the election for Bush.

scot --

Register before it's too late The last day to register to vote in Texas is next Monday, October 6th.

Are you registered? Are your friends and family?

If you only forward one email to your friends, family, and neighbors today -- make it this one.

Each and every vote in Texas is absolutely crucial to victory on Election Day.

Visit www.VoteForChange.com, our one-stop voter registration website, and register before the Texas deadline.

Supporters like you have built the biggest grassroots movement in the history of American politics.

But in just 8 days, the time for bringing new voices into the political process will be over.

You need to be certain that you, your friends, and your family are registered by the deadline -- it's a small step that will have a huge impact on our Election Day results.

This election is too important to leave anything to chance. Make sure your voice is heard -- and forward this email to all the Texans you know.

Thanks,

Barack

cirrocumulus
09-30-2008, 07:00 PM
The Republicans are such evil fuckers.

Unfortunately I'll be too young to vote in this election. And I'm a hell of a lot more politically motivated than most of my peers who are old enough to vote.

VenusInFurs341
09-30-2008, 07:15 PM
Mckinney '08

Aqualad
09-30-2008, 07:30 PM
third parties 08

funeralpudding
09-30-2008, 08:01 PM
Vote for anybody you want, as long as you vote. Look at this list of voter turnout rates by country:

http://www.idea.int/vt/survey/voter_turnout_pop2.cfm

The US is #139 out of 172 countries. Pretty pathetic for "the most most democratic nation in the world"

Aqualad
09-30-2008, 08:31 PM
I say don't vote if you haven't done your homework on the candidates. You're voting for one of the most powerful men in the world. Vote responsibly.

For italy to be #1 and it to be as horrible as it is at the moment makes me think that how democratic you are and what percentage of you vote isn't related.

funeralpudding
09-30-2008, 09:07 PM
Vote responsibly

I think I've mentioned before I campaigned for Nader in '00, mostly because Texas was sewn up for Bush (goddamn electoral college), but because I agreed with his policies more than any of the other candidates. I stood for the better part of a day in front of the voting place for one of the most Republican districts in San Antonio. So normally I would never begrudge somebody for voting third party.

However... this election is different. If McCain and Palin are elected, I truly think it will put us past the tipping point toward total ruin. Come on, if you're a Ron Paul supporter then you're at least awake enough to know the fucked-up spying and martial-law powers of the new 21st century executive branch. Who do you trust with the new executive powers inches from martial law: Obama or Palin (might as well say it, since McCain isn't releasing his medical records). And if you're religious and think you don't mind Palin, ask yourself if you share the same Armageddon-awaiting, speaking-in-tongues, cavemen-riding-dinosaurs extremist beliefs. If you do, you're not reasonable. If you don't, allowing this person to become president (and have the option to use America's new low-payload "usable nukes" how she and her masters see fit) is about the most unreasonable thing any voter could ever do.

Consider maybe taking a break from third parties for just this election. Realize what's best for this country right now, and that your third-party votes could be the tiny straw that swings your state's vote (as it did in Florida '00)

Aqualad
09-30-2008, 11:12 PM
As much as I dislike Mccain, Obama has as many defects, and many of the same ones, in my eyes. I'd rather try to get a strong third party vote out to show my displeasure in the current setup than follow along with this system.

jefferoo
09-30-2008, 11:54 PM
Be my guest. As long as it's not for McCain, I'm happy!

funeralpudding
10-01-2008, 12:06 AM
As much as I dislike Mccain, Obama has as many defects, and many of the same ones

Cancer. There, you're wrong.

Aqualad
10-01-2008, 07:32 AM
I consider Mccain's possible death a plus

Dihnekis
10-01-2008, 11:03 AM
I don't vote for anyone who considers me a criminal. Obama and McCain both fit that.

piaptk
10-01-2008, 10:45 PM
As much as I dislike Mccain, Obama has as many defects, and many of the same ones, in my eyes. I'd rather try to get a strong third party vote out to show my displeasure in the current setup than follow along with this system.

That's always been my stand in the past. It's absolutely ridiculous that you always have to choose between two complete idiots/assholes. At least give me FIVE idiot/asshole politicians to pick from.

I absolutely can't stand McCain or Palin. I'm not a Obama fan necessarily, but if he does anything at all (and he couldn't possibly do worse than McCain), it would be to ingratiate us with the rest of the world. It really sucks to realize that the rest of the world stereotypes you as a fat, ignorant American bully.

In Washington State, Obama is definitely going to win, so I have no reason to vote for him, so I'll vote for whoever is on the third party ticket, or a write-in, just like I always do.

I'm so jaded about the state of American policitcs and the fact that I feel like the general public have absolutely no say in what actually goes down, that I only vote to amuse myself. It's a drag, but it's the way I see it.

VenusInFurs341
10-02-2008, 07:36 AM
That's always been my stand in the past. It's absolutely ridiculous that you always have to choose between two complete idiots/assholes. At least give me FIVE idiot/asshole politicians to pick from.

I absolutely can't stand McCain or Palin. I'm not a Obama fan necessarily, but if he does anything at all (and he couldn't possibly do worse than McCain), it would be to ingratiate us with the rest of the world. It really sucks to realize that the rest of the world stereotypes you as a fat, ignorant American bully.

In Washington State, Obama is definitely going to win, so I have no reason to vote for him, so I'll vote for whoever is on the third party ticket, or a write-in, just like I always do.

I'm so jaded about the state of American policitcs and the fact that I feel like the general public have absolutely no say in what actually goes down, that I only vote to amuse myself. It's a drag, but it's the way I see it.

Mckinney '08!