PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Surprise Players

lucylala
09-06-2008, 12:36 PM
So who are the actual musicians who will be on this tour?

1. Julian Koster
2. Will Cullen Hart
3. Scott Spillane
4. Laura Carter
5. Eric Harris

6. John Fernandez?
7. Pete Erchick?
8. Robbie Cuccairo (sp)?
9. Heather McInstosh?
10. John D'Azzio?
11. Bill Doss??

Any insiders can shed some light on this?

el topo
09-06-2008, 02:13 PM
From the Orange Twin page:

The Holiday Surprise tour this October will mark the premier of the "Major Organ and his Adding Machine" film, and will feature the musical talent of

Julian Koster
Will Hart
John Fernandes
Nesey Gallons
Laura Carter
Scott Spillane
Robbie Cucchiarro
Theodore Hilton
Andrew Reiger
Eric Harris
Pete Erchick

performing the songs of The Music Tapes, The Circulatory System, Scott Spillane, Gerbils, Elf Power, Olivia Tremor Control, Nana Grizol, Major Organ and his Adding Machine, Pipes You See, Pipes You Don't and more.

http://www.orangetwin.com/holidaysurprise.html

lucyisabanana
09-06-2008, 02:43 PM
wow i'm seriously going to miss this ;__________;

jdrawmeasheep
09-16-2008, 07:19 PM
everyone email info@local506.com and tell them to lower the age limit for the e6 show!!

wilson
09-17-2008, 11:50 AM
everyone email info@local506.com and tell them to lower the age limit for the e6 show!!

NC law says that for a business to serve liquor, you must either 1) make X% of your revenue on food sales, or 2) be a private establishment. Local 506, being basically solely a venue, obviously is not a food establishment, so they had to become a private club in order to serve liquor. People under the age of 18 aren't allowed in private clubs that serve alcohol in NC, it's as simple as that. There's no way you're going to change that without going to Raleigh and changing some laws.

The owner is a friend of mine, and--believe me--he would want you to come if it were at all possible. Running a club isn't exactly a huge earner, and he's not in the business of turning down business if there's any other way.

kelly
09-21-2008, 09:21 AM
Charlie Johnston and Suzanne Allison (of Circulatory System and 63 Crayons) are also coming. There might be a few more last minute additions to the list depending on scheduling conflicts, etc. (And no, it's NOT JEFF). Also, certain stops on the tour will expand the line-up to include some "locals". More info as we get it confirmed.
-kelly

jdrawmeasheep
09-21-2008, 09:50 AM
And no, it's NOT JEFF

he's everywhere yo

emmi_i
09-21-2008, 05:48 PM
thanks for the info. kelly. I'm really looking froward to this tour.

call me hi
09-22-2008, 05:20 PM
why no bill doss?

Juttman
09-22-2008, 05:34 PM
Isn't he touring with the Apples?

kelly
09-24-2008, 07:45 PM
Bill might come. He's trying to see if he can get the time off from his job.

Juttman
09-24-2008, 08:07 PM
I'll be very excited if he does! :D:D:D

call me hi
09-25-2008, 05:27 PM
Bill might come. He's trying to see if he can get the time off from his job.

i can't imagine what bill doss could possibly do for a job. i think i remember reading that he was a janitor or something.

Squirrellevel
09-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Bill's not a janitor, though I think he'll get a laugh out of that. I think he's going to be on the tour, though. Cross your fingers.

apple
10-22-2008, 08:00 AM
I had no idea there was an E6 forum, shows how much I go on the internet.

Anyways, I went to the Holiday Surprise tour in MI on Monday. It was awesome, I got to stand next to Jeff Mangum and talk to him about his clapping style (I had no idea what to say, but I had to say something). Bill Doss was there too, I was very surprised. Peter Erchick started to play, "I've been floated" and guess who jumped on the stage?? Jeff Mangum!! Mr. Hart was going ballistic on stage, nothing I saw when he came here in '03 (circulatory system, sea and cake tour). Major Organ was a strange, but wonderfull little movie, there is also another short film thrown in there too.
Music Tapes was brilliant. I have to be honest and say that it couldn't have gotten any better, specially when Mangum came into the audience and played a tune.