PDA

View Full Version : september 15th with Mount Eerie

nesey
08-28-2008, 09:46 AM
hello, i wanted to clarify a couple bits about the show at cine in athens because i've heard there are folks who might travel here for it. the music tapes group that played the popfest wont be playing. laura and eric are going to be on tour and poor andy broke his arm, and a big loud show didn't seem to suit the event anyway, so it is going to be much more of a solo show with perhaps another music tape or two accompanying julian on a song or two.

thats all.

geneautry
08-28-2008, 10:22 AM
that's still fine by me!
do you know by any chance if tickets will go on-sale before the day of the show?!

jdrawmeasheep
08-28-2008, 12:05 PM
this will just make it so much better

wheretreesgo
08-28-2008, 10:26 PM
dear nesey gallons,

when will we hear more songs? i need more beauty in my life. i got hit by a car and it's a scientific fact that beauty and calcium help repair bones.

robonuckket!
08-30-2008, 05:05 PM
i thought about going to the show, after hearing about the "amazing experience" at popfest but I'm not so sure. So yeah, does anyone know how much the tickets will be?

grantly
08-31-2008, 05:10 AM
You are invited to an evening of music and games featuring:

Mount Eerie
Thimble Circus
Nesey Gallons
Julian Koster

And ending with the playing of St. Nikolai the Wonder Worker's Wishing Game of Candles in a nearby field. Bring a candle 12" tall.

http://www.orbitinghumancircus.com/

grantly
08-31-2008, 05:17 AM
Tickets are available at Cine for $10 in advance and $12 on the 15th. Tickets can be purchased online soon.

emmi_i
08-31-2008, 09:42 AM
Julian Koster, Phil Elverum and friends invite you to an evening of music and games featuring:

Mount Eerie
Thimble Circus
Nesey Gallons
And a few songs by Julian

And ending with the playing of St. Nikolai the Wonder Worker's Wishing Game of Candles in a nearby field. Bring a candle 12" tall.

http://www.orbitinghumancircus.com/

sounds like a nice evening.

Dihnekis
08-31-2008, 06:12 PM
Hmm may have to drive up again. I love me some Mount Eerie, almost as much as the music tapes.

grantly
09-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Hello everyone.

I'm happy to announce Cine is taking phone orders for tickets to the show. The phone number is 706-353-7377. You'll need to have your credit card number and the 3 digit code from the back. You'll also have to show the card you ordered your tickets with and a photo ID on the day of the show.

In order to get prompt service, it is recommended that you call after 4:30 in the afternoon.

Thank you all and see you at the show.

grantly
09-09-2008, 04:32 PM
Hello everyone.

I'm happy to announce Cine is taking phone orders for tickets to the show. The phone number is 706-353-7377. You'll need to have your credit card number and the 3 digit code from the back. You'll also have to show the card you ordered your tickets with and a photo ID on the day of the show.

In order to get prompt service, it is recommended that you call after 4:30 in the afternoon.

Thank you all and see you at the show.

PS.
If anyone has any questions about how to get to Cine, ticketing or anything else, feel free to send me a PM.

geneautry
09-15-2008, 12:11 PM
this is going to be a fun night, y'all.

jdrawmeasheep
09-15-2008, 12:35 PM
i want complete audio and video documentation of the show and game afterwards

geneautry
09-15-2008, 12:37 PM
i want complete audio and video documentation of the show and game afterwards

i think TNT is broadcasting it live so just tune in

jdrawmeasheep
09-15-2008, 12:39 PM
TNT

:confused:

VenusInFurs341
09-15-2008, 09:47 PM
I didn't stay for the game, the show was rather boring, although the person (I'm not sure who) who played in between Julian and mount eerie was really great. But yah, I really was not very impressed by this whole show, thimble circus was woefully unprepared, julian was messing up on his singing saw (although he played a track that he left out on 1st imaginary symphony that I thought was excellent) and then, haha and then I left during mount eerie because the smoke machine set off the smoke alarm. Lol what was he thinking, of course it's gonna set off a smoke alarm, its a smoke machine!

geneautry
09-16-2008, 09:47 AM
don't believe that nonsense. the show was excellent and the game was incredible.

lou2ser
09-16-2008, 09:54 AM
its a smoke machine!

http://www.neutralmilkhotel.org/cov-chocolate-smokemachine.jpg

thekingisdead
09-16-2008, 12:11 PM
The show was amazing. Good times were had. Eerie magical things went down. Green sweatshirts and Nesey Gallons albums were purchased.

I wonder if Julian likes the shirt I awkwardly gave him.

jdrawmeasheep
09-16-2008, 01:04 PM
can sombody please describe what nesey's set was like? iv always been curious as to what instruments he would use and if he played alone and whatnot. and could anyone tell me what julians setlist was?

The show was amazing. Good times were had. Eerie magical things went down. Green sweatshirts and Nesey Gallons albums were purchased.

I wonder if Julian likes the shirt I awkwardly gave him.

green sweatshirts?? what kind of shirt did you give him??

im so confused.

thekingisdead
09-16-2008, 02:34 PM
nesey's set was really good. he mostly played solo, julian played on a couple songs, will hart hit drums with his hands on a song.

jdrawmeasheep
09-16-2008, 02:52 PM
and were there any pictures/videos taken?