PDA

View Full Version : show in athens this saturday, august 2nd

thelatebphelium
07-28-2008, 06:28 PM
heyhey,

two of my silly tribute bands are playing this saturday, august 2nd,
at the 40 watt in athens, ga.

first will be Hi Hi Hi.
that's me as Paul McCartney and about 14 others as Wings.
some b.p.'ers and some dark meaters and some seasoning.
aaron wegelin, casper fandango, madeline, pete erchick,
neil golden, al daglis, charlie estes, frank mcdonnell, aaron jollay,
larry, emily, jacob, nick, molly... maybe some others...

after that will be my ESG cover band, Tiny Sticks.
aaron, me, josh mckay and heather hein. oh yeah and frank. :)

its all a part of Team Clermont's Summer Camp shindig.

http://www.teamclermont.com/images/SummerCamp.jpg

geneautry
07-28-2008, 07:06 PM
i wish i could go! but with gas prices as they are, i can't visit athens as much as i used to.

pinocchio
07-28-2008, 08:03 PM
tell Molly i say "and do your lovers and your friends mean well and at the same time" wooo!

DANtheMAN
07-29-2008, 07:51 AM
i wish i could go! but with gas prices as they are, i can't visit athens as much as i used to.

I feel you man. But like if a bunch of people in ATL wanna head over we could prolly car pool or something.

geneautry
07-29-2008, 10:17 AM
I feel you man. But like if a bunch of people in ATL wanna head over we could prolly car pool or something.

i'm game for that.

YOU SEE THAT, A-TOWN-HALLA'S?!?!?

lucyisabanana
07-29-2008, 11:30 AM
Oshit. My friends are driving up to ATL for that STS9/Umphrey's show at the Tabernacle so I could possibly catch a ride with them. Lemme know wussup.

DANtheMAN
07-30-2008, 09:05 AM
I get off work around 7 pm.
The show doesn't start until 10 pm.
Would anyone else be down?

geneautry
07-30-2008, 12:37 PM
i would be. i'm'a send you my #.

stompclapclap
07-30-2008, 02:54 PM
sometimes i hate the west coast

DANtheMAN
07-30-2008, 06:15 PM
yeah I'm a no go for this show.

like working 8 hours + 3 hours round trip of driving (ATL->Athens->ATL)+ however long the show is will nearly kill me.

unless someone else wants to drive and car pool.

hit me up on pm. I might find a second wind via redbull and whatnot.

lucyisabanana
08-01-2008, 02:06 AM
i love it when people from ny and san fran complain about shows...fack you man (http://www.engrish.com/detail.php?imagename=fack.jpg&category=buildings&date=2000-08-29)

stereopenguin
08-03-2008, 09:57 PM
i love it when people from ny and san fran complain about shows...fack you man (http://www.engrish.com/detail.php?imagename=fack.jpg&category=buildings&date=2000-08-29)

LOL. :rolleyes:

stereopenguin
08-12-2008, 07:58 AM
Yay, it was recorded....

http://southernshelter.com/2008/08/hi-hi-hi-40-watt-8208.html

I Rule The School
08-12-2008, 08:31 AM
Yay, it was recorded....

Wow. Cool. Two live recordings in one day. I say Gold medal goes to Stereo Penguin. :D

stereopenguin
08-12-2008, 07:08 PM
Pretty awesome covers. :D

nach_heart
08-13-2008, 07:15 AM
Yay, it was recorded....

Oooooohhhhhh man. Thank you so much for this. It's pretty damn amazing. Two of my favorite things in one. It's like chocolate and peanut butter.

I Rule The School
08-13-2008, 07:19 AM
Two of my favorite things in one. It's like chocolate and peanut butter.

Yuk!!!!

nach_heart
08-13-2008, 08:09 AM
:O

stereopenguin
08-13-2008, 07:03 PM
Oooooohhhhhh man. Thank you so much for this. It's pretty damn amazing. Two of my favorite things in one. It's like chocolate and peanut butter.

Mmmmmmmmm, chocolate and peanut butter. Tasty metaphor.

I wish I'd been there, but having this to listen to over and over will work.

My two favorite bands = Beatles and of Montreal, so B.P. covering Paul = :D:D:D:D

nach_heart
08-13-2008, 07:04 PM
Mmmmmmmmm, chocolate and peanut butter. Tasty metaphor.

I wish I'd been there, but having this to listen to over and over will work.

My two favorite bands = Beatles and of Montreal, so B.P. covering Paul = :D:D:D:D

my two favorite bands too! hi5.

stereopenguin
08-13-2008, 07:08 PM
my two favorite bands too! hi5.

Sweet!!

Dihnekis
08-15-2008, 04:19 AM
I'm listening to the FLAC recording now. Sounds awesome! I really like Band on the Run.

stereopenguin
08-15-2008, 07:06 PM
I'm listening to the FLAC recording now. Sounds awesome! I really like Band on the Run.

Me too. The synth part = :D:D:D:D

I Rule The School
08-17-2008, 11:19 AM
The sound is amazingly good on this recording... And I didn't even bother with flacs...

stereopenguin
08-17-2008, 10:17 PM
I can't scrobble flacs or listen to them on my iPod. Perhaps, I'm missing out, but I just go for mp3s. It's a really great recording, and great versions of songs that I've loved since I was a kid.

I Rule The School
08-18-2008, 01:27 AM
I can't scrobble flacs or listen to them on my iPod. Perhaps, I'm missing out, but I just go for mp3s. It's a really great recording, and great versions of songs that I've loved since I was a kid.

I'm not much of a McCartney fan myself. Best thing about him is finding Linda and starting their own vegan frozen food company... Nah, I didn't mean that. Well, actually I did, but what I mean is that his career has had some incredible lows if you ask me... Some great songs, and some, er, not that great. Don't stone me. i don't mean to antagonize anyone.

stereopenguin
08-18-2008, 07:58 AM
I'm not much of a McCartney fan myself. Best thing about him is finding Linda and starting their own vegan frozen food company... Nah, I didn't mean that. Well, actually I did, but what I mean is that his career has had some incredible lows if you ask me... Some great songs, and some, er, not that great. Don't stone me. i don't mean to antagonize anyone.

I like early solo McCartney, and Wings stuff. In terms of the more recent albums, I haven't liked too much after Flaming Pie. A few songs here and there. "Vintage Clothes" was nice, and I dig the Gondry video for Dance Tonight.

I'm more of a Ringo fan, really. I like everything by Ringo, even stuff that wasn't critically successful, which unfortunately, I guess, is most of it. :( There's a lot of Paul fans on this board.

I've yet to try their food, and all I do is shop organic stores. Hehe.

nach_heart
08-18-2008, 08:38 AM
There's a lot of Paul fans on this board.

Worrrrrd.
I've only recently gotten into Paul's solo music. When I say recently I mean in the last year and a half. Some songs are better than others, for sure. But Paul is such a fucking pro that there's almost always a little bit of good even in the cheesiest song. Also he's just a hilarious and charming person. A friend bought me The McCartney Years DVD set for Christmas and he does amazing commentary on some of the music videos.

thelatebphelium
08-18-2008, 01:58 PM
the wings thing for the b.p. band just came about because pete, eric and casper
were all wings fans. they would play wings songs while i was tinkering somewhere
else in the house. so i thought, "well, i guess wings is the unifier." we would play
a few wings songs for fun at house parties and randomly at gigs. neil young
songs are the other. my brother received 'band on the run' for xmas the year
it came out. i was like 3 or 4 years old. but i remember us listening to that record.
and then of course stuff like silly love songs and coming up were hits on the radio
nonstop. so anyways, we were asked to do an aids charity benefit last year and
cover wings. and we did. :)

george is my favorite beatle. playing john solo stuff would be far better than mccartney.
but that's not what we are! ;)

btw, i really like a lot of 'chaos and creation in the backyard'.
about 6 or 7 of the songs are really good.

nach_heart
08-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Ever consider doing a small tour with Hi Hi Hi? Even just a few shows on the east coast or something like you did a year or two back w/ the Late BP Helium. Probably easier said than done but that is a show I wouldn't miss.

stereopenguin
08-18-2008, 07:06 PM
Ever consider doing a small tour with Hi Hi Hi?

That'd be nice. West coast, too? :D

btw, i really like a lot of 'chaos and creation in the backyard'.
about 6 or 7 of the songs are really good.

I'll take that as a recommendation because I haven't actually bought that album yet. It's one of very few of Paul's album's that I don't own (yet.) :)

stereopenguin
08-18-2008, 07:24 PM
Worrrrrd.
I've only recently gotten into Paul's solo music. When I say recently I mean in the last year and a half. Some songs are better than others, for sure. But Paul is such a fucking pro that there's almost always a little bit of good even in the cheesiest song. Also he's just a hilarious and charming person. A friend bought me The McCartney Years DVD set for Christmas and he does amazing commentary on some of the music videos.

There's some good stuff there. I was so excited when Flaming Pie came out because it was the first post-Anthology album, and the Anthology was the catalyst in my being a fan to begin with. I used to catch all these Paul videos on VH1. I'll have to look into the DVDs. I'm always interested in commentary like that.

nach_heart
08-18-2008, 08:03 PM
There's some good stuff there. I was so excited when Flaming Pie came out because it was the first post-Anthology album, and the Anthology was the catalyst in my being a fan to begin with. I used to catch all these Paul videos on VH1. I'll have to look into the DVDs. I'm always interested in commentary like that.

I highly recommend getting the DVD. It's only about $30-35 and it's just an awesome collection of fun things. Essentials for any Paul fan.

stereopenguin
08-19-2008, 11:45 PM
I highly recommend getting the DVD. It's only about $30-35 and it's just an awesome collection of fun things. Essentials for any Paul fan.

I'll have to check it out. Maybe paycheck after next. I already know where September 1st going.

RaelO
08-20-2008, 08:37 AM
No 'We're Open Tonight'?
'Morse Moose & the Grey Goose'?
'1985'?
'Beware My Love'?

These are places I would go if I were covering the McCartney catalogue. Still. How I wish, how I wish I was there. 'Live and Let Die' sounds killer.

Of course, this gets me thinking about the old James Bond movie it comes from, and when I think about that James Bond movie, I think about the characters in it, so I think about Baron Saturday and.... have you ever thought about doing a Pretty Things tribute, B? I've actually met Twink in my roving days chatting up bands for zine and small TV show. You and him ought to do a album somewhere down the line.

pinocchio
08-23-2008, 05:32 PM
are there videos or pictures

stereopenguin
08-23-2008, 06:33 PM
are there videos or pictures

I'd like to see some. The audio's great though.

RaelO
09-11-2008, 02:32 PM
I'm not much of a McCartney fan myself. Best thing about him is finding Linda and starting their own vegan frozen food company....

I've seen those in the store but I never tried any because they're kinda pricey and I don't have a microwave anyway. What's good?

graham
09-12-2008, 06:41 AM
Mmm oh god Linda McCartney deep filled pies were fucking delicious.

Edit: The generic meant-to-be-steak-but-isnt-really ones.

I Rule The School
09-18-2008, 01:30 PM
Mmm oh god Linda McCartney deep filled pies were fucking delicious.

Edit: The generic meant-to-be-steak-but-isnt-really ones.

You're so going to miss this in NYC. :p

essegalkete
12-12-2009, 08:23 AM
Lets get together this saturday at around 4:20 pm. Its been too long and it would be good to catch up xoxoxoxoxox

vicki chat at 420 pm saturday april 7th

your not going crazy if you thoguht it used to be 6pm cause i had to move it up a bit. hope you can still make it. oxoxoxox