PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate USA 7" on Bar None

keithblock
07-04-2008, 04:00 AM
Have any of you seen one? I was there at the time and as far as I can tell, Bar None released the press then didn't follow through, then the internet repeated the press ad infinitum. No such thing actually exists, correct?

lou2ser
07-04-2008, 12:39 PM
I've heard from reliable sources that it does exist, but I've never seen one.

wilson
07-05-2008, 08:05 AM
I'm almost certain it is real, though I also have never seen one.

Abel
07-05-2008, 08:16 AM
I've occasionally heard of people having it, but I've yet to physically see it.

wilson
07-06-2008, 08:20 AM
Uh oh, faith may have been misguided on this one. As noted from Ken at Bar None:

I don't recall that or any Chocolate USA 7" singles coming out on Bar/None.
I'll be in the office on Monday so I'll double check.
Julian would be able to answer best, but to my knowledge, no.

Presumably, someone will have to email/call Julian about something in the next few days, and we can get another "I'm not positive, but I think..." answer then.

wilson
07-06-2008, 08:22 AM
Of course, it could be possible there are test pressings floating around out there for the 7" that was never released, which would explain all the rumors from reputable sources about people having copies.

lou2ser
07-06-2008, 12:28 PM
Uh oh, faith may have been misguided on this one. As noted from Ken at Bar None:

Presumably, someone will have to email/call Julian about something in the next few days, and we can get another "I'm not positive, but I think..." answer then.

On second thought, that kinda goes along with what Bar None told me a year or so ago.

Sorry we just have the 2 CDs still in print. All of those 7 and cassettes the band did themselves.

wilson
07-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Well that's funny--Ken also said they still have some cassettes lying around. Indie rock is the best industry--economists should study this stuff.

lou2ser
07-06-2008, 03:01 PM
Well that's funny--Ken also said they still have some cassettes lying around. Indie rock is the best industry--economists should study this stuff.

Got an email address? I'm interested.

yetter@gmail.com

lou2ser
08-18-2008, 12:40 PM
FYI, I spoke with Julian this weekend about the 100' Tall 7". He said that it was actually pressed but that they were destroyed before distribution due to a manufacturing error.

tralala
08-19-2008, 12:38 AM
He said that it was actually pressed but that they were destroyed before distribution due to a manufacturing error.

...except for one. i'm playing it right now, and it is wonderful

just kidding. :'( but how great would that be?

keithblock
08-31-2008, 01:35 AM
Thought so. No such thing.