PDA

View Full Version : Optical Records Manufacturing

plex
06-11-2008, 01:51 PM
I remember hearing about this on the e6 site like 5 years ago or something and was just thinking what ever happened? Anybody know if it's still in some motion?
PS. Sorry if this ends up being a really stupid thread...

plex
06-15-2008, 04:12 PM
noobody knows anything?!? wow

marbles
06-17-2008, 12:52 PM
dear plex-- optical records mfg. is a label i was starting about 5 years ago, when i got really pumped up in my down time after velocity of sound, on the idea of starting a new label (as i LOVED running elephant 6, and putting out records, listening to new bands, designing record covers and such are in my blood).

but i got busy with the ulysses album, then with the marbles expo album, then with new magnetic wonder, compiling electronic projects, recording the new american revolution album ("buddha electrostorm," which is coming out on empyrean records later this summer or in the fall), recording my new children's album, touring for all these projects, and other stuff and realized i really am too busy making music, to do a good enough job putting out other bands that i love. so optical records mfg. sort of fell by the wayside, although perhaps in the future...

anyway, i get to satisfy my record-company jones by writing press releases and such for my friends' bands, and helping my wife marci mars and brother-in-law craig morris with their new label Garden Gate Records, when they need me.

love
robert schneider

plex
06-17-2008, 01:24 PM
oh wow, first thanks so much for responding! Second, that's kinda what I assumed, though this being totally understandable being all these lovely projects you're doing hehe. Anyways, I can't wait to hear that Theee record and all the future stuff you do!