PDA

View Full Version : any soccer fans?

pinocchio
04-09-2008, 09:46 AM
i finally found a soccer channel that i didn't know existed. fsn is like channel 142 here. nutty. soccer or whatever you want to call it is indeed, aside from cycling, the best sport on earth. i'm calling liverpool in the champion's league. after being in europe for the world cup in '06 ive become completely obsessed with the sport.

lou2ser
04-09-2008, 09:48 AM
"Most white people choose a favorite soccer team based on either a study abroad experience or a particularly long vacation to Europe or South America. When they return, they like to tell their friends about how great “football” is and that they are committed to ‘getting more into’ now that they have returned home."

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/2008/03/03/80-the-idea-of-soccer/

:D

pinocchio
04-09-2008, 09:51 AM
i guess that's me. hup holland hup!

pinocchio
04-09-2008, 09:56 AM
would that really fall under "stuff white people like, though". what is white? a lot of people from south america (chile and brazil particularly) are very light skinned and appear white. also, england is prominently white and is the home of the best soccer in the world for the most part.

lou2ser
04-09-2008, 10:04 AM
would that really fall under "stuff white people like, though". what is white? a lot of people from south america (chile and brazil particularly) are very light skinned and appear white. also, england is prominently white and is the home of the best soccer in the world for the most part.

It's just a silly blog. It's not stuff that ONLY white people like.

I should credit whoever posted it elsewhere on the board for bringing it to my attention. It's a fun read.

jkirkpleasant
04-09-2008, 10:17 AM
green street hooligans is a great movie. elijah wood plays this dorky 'yank' who goes to england and gets caught up in the west ham united football firm.

stompclapclap
04-09-2008, 10:49 AM
whenever i'm back at my parents' house i watch soccer with my dad. when i was younger and played it, there was a period of a few years where everyone's team was named after a british club team. i played for manchester united and the arsenal.

pinocchio
04-09-2008, 10:55 AM
haha nice. arsenal just got owned yesterday in one of the best games i've seen in a while. torres' goal for liverpool was outstanding.

geneautry
04-09-2008, 01:22 PM
ya i've been watching as much as i can when i'm not in class. i wish i kept playing soccer instead of hockey... but all i get is the espn coverage of the champs league

jefferoo
04-09-2008, 03:15 PM
I liked when Zidane headbutted that prick in the chest. That was dope.

pinocchio
04-09-2008, 06:30 PM
yeah it was awesome, he's such a fucking good player. you should watch the movie "Zidane". the entire soundtrack is Mogwai. the head butt was badass. like "yeah, sorry what? oh..." BAM "bitch"

Musicalfusion
04-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Man, I went to the DC United game against Pachuca CF yesterday. We won 2-1 but because of goal differential were out of the Concacalf tourney. But man, halftime was fukin insane, Barra Brava moshes inside the hallway outside their section. They brought the drums inside and it was insane!!!! I spilled most of my beer tho...

patman?
04-10-2008, 06:03 PM
People who commend Zidane for his headbutt are gigantic idiots. It was an infinitely thoughtless and moronic thing to do.

pinocchio
04-10-2008, 06:18 PM
yeah, because his penalty kick could have won them the game anyway. Materazi is an idiot. i was psyched on it. and who really gave a shit who won the match?
i would have liked france to win, but could have cared less. maybe the french have opinions otherwise