PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Want To Design An Album Cover?

mikehattem
01-19-2008, 07:46 AM
I am currently working on my third full-length self-released record as National Steel. Some of you may remember the Green Typewriters I did for a townhall OTC tribute as well as tracks for NMH and OM tributes. Anyway, I am about halfway through with the recording and am expecting it to be done for the spring (I'm in school full-time) so you would have some time to do it. Is there anyone in here that would like to tackle designing an album cover for me? The only compensation is artistic satisfaction as well as full credit on the record and the website. You can hear some of the stuff from my previous records on the myspace link below... I don't like to pass out unfinished recordings but if anybody's serious I can give you some of the working mixes so you can get an idea what the record will sound like. It's essentially a 60s inspired Indie Pop sound. You would have complete freedom to come up with whatever you want as I am open to anything. The only requirement is that it fit with the sound of the record. Any takers?

damonin
01-19-2008, 10:08 AM
im down.

mikehattem
01-19-2008, 10:22 AM
I pm'd you.

mikehattem
01-19-2008, 01:33 PM
Dan,

Here are some I really liked:

asffasaaa
man man man man (the statue photo) WOW!!
circles
roller
helterskelter

The drawings are very cool. Some of the photos are even better. You're doing some really good work man. Let's try to figure something out.

Mike

DateGrapes
01-19-2008, 01:49 PM
I'm getting bored sitting here reading all these boring titles of things you claim to be awesome.

I have glasses for a reason, motherfuckers!

mikehattem
01-19-2008, 07:49 PM
so follow the link in his first post like I did and see them for yourself... that's if you're not too lazy to put your glasses on, motherfucker.

DateGrapes
01-20-2008, 08:48 AM
Some people can't afford fancy prancy computer mice like you, city boy!

Forever88
01-20-2008, 02:15 PM
i would design one for you. im new to this board, so i hope i posted correctly.

damonin
01-20-2008, 02:56 PM
Dan,

Here are some I really liked:

asffasaaa
man man man man (the statue photo) WOW!!
circles
roller
helterskelter

The drawings are very cool. Some of the photos are even better. You're doing some really good work man. Let's try to figure something out.

Mike

hey thanks man! damonin@hotmail.com contact meeee

dwightp
01-21-2008, 11:21 AM
I do some of the artwork for my releases and I've been looking for some practice actually. If you could give me a track list, I'd put something together. Even if you guy with Dans, I enjoy the exercise.

damonin
01-23-2008, 10:33 AM
the competition is ON BITCH>!

kaleidoscopeeyes
01-23-2008, 03:25 PM
hey, I'm definitely down to design your cover. If this is of any help, I'm a graphic designer, and have designed a CD cover/ booklet/ back and inside before. Just let me know if your interested! my email: asulli02@gmail.com