PDA

View Full Version : i've been waiting like 8 years for the new music tapes album

sashwap
11-08-2007, 08:29 PM
what's amazing is that i'm STILL excited about it.

i get the impression it's on the horizon, but why is it taking so long? hope it materializes next year...

Gin And Jews
11-10-2007, 01:59 PM
what gives you that impression? I don't think i'm quite as optimistic as you

theaddingmachine
11-12-2007, 08:45 PM
julian did say in august that it was reeeeeally close to being finished

Gin And Jews
11-15-2007, 07:45 PM
yeah but who knows how long "realllly close to being finished" is. did he mean it's almost done being recorded or almost done being mastered and everything? i guess i shouldn't be so pessimistic though because at least it's being made. I really hope i don't set my expectations too high for this album though. errrrr i'm so nervous :eek:

rogersbowne
11-15-2007, 08:30 PM
Isn't it funny we all enjoy a group of musicians who infrequently produce music. It'd be so much easier to like Snoop Dogg this much.

Gin And Jews
11-15-2007, 10:05 PM
well, once snoop incorporates a singing saw i might give him another chance. although i will admit that doggystyle is a pretty good/funny album

thrashingtonXIV
11-16-2007, 09:05 AM
i think snoop dogg would have to incorporate much more than a singing saw. i have an insatiable lust for cow bells/ukuleles/horns. he just smokes way too much weed to play that many instruments, but therein lies the secret of his charm.

JackAttack
11-17-2007, 08:44 PM
Are you saying smoking too much weed and playing lots of instruments can't go together? I think I'd like to challenge that...

kartoonz
11-18-2007, 06:59 PM
From Optical Atlas, September 2006:

"Music Tapes for Clouds and Tornadoes is now on the verge of being sent off to Merge Records, according to a friend of Julian Koster's. The artwork by Robbie Cucchario has been completed, and the mastering is done. There's now a very good chance that we will all see a brand new Music Tapes album in 2007, which promises to be one of the best years ever for Elephant 6 fans (what with new Circulatory System, Apples in Stereo, Cranberry Lifecycle, etc.)."

So I guess Julian decided to revise the release right before submitting it? I like how 3/4 of those releases didn't actually happen... oh, wait, no I don't...