PDA

View Full Version : Mac Leopard Users>>

ggrisamore
11-07-2007, 10:00 PM
Any Reviews? Comments? Feedback?

Looking to upgrade, just want to make sure its worth it.

starman
11-07-2007, 10:51 PM
I am a mac user, but am waiting about a month to pick it up. I am going to let them release the first couple of patches to fix the bugs that always plague new OS's when they first come out, but then I will definitely pick it up.

seandavidson
11-07-2007, 11:28 PM
Everything is good, except I am having Airport issues on my Macbook. Other than that I am very happy with it and the new features are cool.

stompclapclap
11-07-2007, 11:34 PM
yeah, i really enjoy it. the spaces feature is absolutely amazing. airport seems to be a bit less reliable for me, too, but that may just be my shitty comcast wireless at home.

patman?
11-08-2007, 03:30 PM
Worth it for a G4 Powerbook or no?

Code_J
11-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Ehh...maybe. My MacBook boots/shut down slower then in Tiger, and the battery also drains faster. The thing about Leopard is that there are so many great things about it, but there are so many little bad things too.

ggrisamore
11-08-2007, 06:00 PM
I think im going to end up waiting a while before upgrading. Thanks for all the input.

seandavidson
11-08-2007, 06:44 PM
The upgrade is worth it if you are keeping your computer for 6 months or longer. But if you plan on getting a new one soon no.

jefferoo
11-08-2007, 07:29 PM
The new iMovie fucking blows!!!

jefferoo
11-08-2007, 11:53 PM
its a new format and interface that makes absolutely no sense at all.
it is completely confusing and counter-intuitive.
there are no time-lines or clip bins. just seemingly-random frames arranged in some seemingly-random sequence.
It is so confusing, I can hardly describe it. All i know is it looks like it was designed with complete idiots in mind, but manages to make less sense than your typical time-line style interface. I don't know what they were thinking. It is insulting. I fucking hate it. I would say "see for yourself" but I wouldn't want you to waste your time.
The old version is much better. I started editing over 10 years ago and have used mostly final cut pro and avid. I did start out with A-V tape rolling and premiere, btw.
Trust me. Stay away.

patman?
11-09-2007, 12:37 PM
I have always considered iMovie to be garbage, just as much so as Windows Movie Maker, if not more. Final Cut is where it's at, though I guess I have been almost exclusively using Avid for the last two years. Avid is nice, but rather counter-intuitive in many aspects.