PDA

View Full Version : OiNK replacement? e6townhall hydra?

pierrecoghill
11-06-2007, 02:12 PM
The e6townhall community obviously has a fair bit of overlap with a small part of the previous OiNK community. Perhaps we could do our part to support the "Hydra movement" or whatever it is.

I'm not too knowledgable about torrents, it took me forever to figure out how to get my stuff seeding properly, and it was a struggle to upload new seeds. But between us I bet we all have a fair bit of good music that we could share.

Maybe we could start up a small tracker or something? I don't know. We should do something to help replace OiNK.

My favorite thing about OinK was that I could look on the top 50 seeds and find new stuff that has just been leaked. Perhaps we could just start a thread that would post links to torrents with new releases? What do you guys all think?

For example, I might say: indietorrents has the new tullycraft album up.

I just want some way that I can keep up with new releases easily...without having to check pitchfork.

Lets see what you all think!

izzuhbella
11-06-2007, 02:19 PM
i agree. oink was my source of all the up-and-coming artists and scene releases. now that it's gone, i haven't been able to follow new releases very much. plus, i trusted the oink community's taste in music waaay more than i trust pitchfork. i am still lamenting over the loss of oink.

apparently there are other replacement sites popping up - like what(dot)cd and waffles(dot)fm - but i haven't been able to get an invitation to either of those yet. it sucks because i have so much to share (like FLAC or V0/V2 rips)... but i can't because i don't have any tracker to share with.

Aqualad
11-06-2007, 10:06 PM
pancakes and why

pierrecoghill
11-07-2007, 11:50 AM
http://isohunt.com/torrents.php?ihq=sigur%20ros&ts

link to new sigur ros torrent

Mutineer
11-07-2007, 12:59 PM
I got an invite to what and like 5 minutes later it went down and everything linked to GNAA's Last Measure, lololo.

Aqualad
11-07-2007, 02:55 PM
lol, i just realized how funny it must be for someone to google the word "what"

clickxclick
11-07-2007, 05:47 PM
what happened to the twee tracker?? it was having troubles with bandwidth because of all the oink refugees, then it switched hosts and was going to switch back but just disappeared instead. anyone have info ?

it's definitely not an "oink replacement" but it was definitely good and contained torrents that fit the name of the tracker.

uncle eggma
11-07-2007, 06:57 PM
what's a torrent? what is seeding? why is this all that is ever talked about on this board now?

gymp
11-07-2007, 07:08 PM
because oink went bye bye and the internet savvy people who like music in this world are in a state of shock and panic.

hockywierdo
11-08-2007, 05:21 PM
woah there is a twee tracker???

Aqualad
11-08-2007, 05:51 PM
twee twacker

Aqualad
11-08-2007, 05:52 PM
because oink went bye bye and the internet savvy people who like music in this world are in a state of shock and panic.

no we're not B)

gymp
11-08-2007, 07:36 PM
that was intended to be a joke though it does suck that oinks gone.

clickxclick
11-09-2007, 09:50 AM
woah there is a twee tracker???

yep, looks like it's back up now.

jefferoo
11-09-2007, 10:08 AM
i can't get into downloading. I guess hard drive space is more valuable to me than shelf space.