PDA

View Full Version : The New Sound of Numbers on the road

pepe
10-30-2007, 04:17 PM
Hi all
I wanted to let you know that the New Sound of Numbers are playing some dates with Pylon (great Athens band from the 80's, reminds me of Television and the Talking Heads) in the near future. The dates are:

Nov. 1 The Earl Atlanta, GA also w/ The Selminaires
Nov. 5 Local 596 Chapel Hill, NC also w/ Violet Vector and Her Lovely Lovelies
Nov. 7 Mercury Lounge New York, NY also w/Great Lakes and (I can't remember)
Nov. 10 World Cafe Live Philadelphia, PA

For those in or close to Athens we are also competeing with Of Montreal on Halloween to see who can get the most people to come to their show, and I don't think we are sold out yet. We are playing at the Go Bar with the 63 Crayons.
It would be great to see all or some of you who live in these areas.

quixoticgoat
10-30-2007, 04:36 PM
also, 63 crayons is one of the best bands of all time. and i see they have new material up on their myspace page. which makes me eternally happy.

Harnk
10-30-2007, 05:48 PM
Pepe- Where you been, mang?

pepe
10-30-2007, 06:42 PM
whoops! It is the Local 506 in Chapel Hill. I guess the 0 is a little close to the 9.
Hi Harnk, yeah it has been a while. I do check in every now and then to see how the board is doing, but I have to admit to getting a bit discouraged with the board a while back. There just seemed to be a lot of unnecessary posting and I am as efficient as possible when I get on the web. But thanks for remembering, I could not forget you.

pinocchio
11-01-2007, 09:29 PM
if you see a wooden boy in ny on the 7th, say hiya

eggcup
11-02-2007, 04:21 PM
Pylon is a great band. I remember them from the 80's. I used to hear them a lot on the college radio station in athens. I sure wish you all would play out west...