PDA

View Full Version : a fine frenzy

jkirkpleasant
10-29-2007, 09:04 AM
hey, so a girl walked into my acupuncture clinic yesterday and while treating her i discovered she was on tour and is 'a fine frenzy'. when i found the music, i thought it was quite lovely, but perhaps that was based on a bias from meeting her... what do you guys think?
www.afinefrenzy.com
i know she's on a major, which generally i shun away from, but i was impressed that she knew who of montreal and the apples were at least. anyways, just curious on your thoughts.
~kirk

DaveKent
10-29-2007, 10:15 AM
I like it, but where whoever wrote the bio heard "hypnotic piano arrangements under classic American melody fused into irresistible, atmospheric songs with the power to reach around the world," I just heard nice songs.

Bios are funny.

Aqualad
10-29-2007, 03:56 PM
i had to go to myspace to find sample... i like how she's labelled indie. that word has really been abused. anyway it's nice.

jkirkpleasant
10-29-2007, 04:52 PM
yeah, she's got all the trapping of major label, but sometimes when a major label artist
first starts out, they're very sincere and sweet.

Fwching
10-29-2007, 05:00 PM
vh1 and the adult alternative charts love her

i like her hair color though

Aqualad
10-29-2007, 06:37 PM
her hair color creeps me out

Tilde
11-02-2007, 12:52 PM
i've heard some of her songs before, but they didnt really make a strong impression on me, either positivley or negativley.