PDA

View Full Version : Other musicians playing around Denver, CO?

Blight
10-27-2007, 09:57 AM
Hey folks. Back after a long crippling depression (and up into a slightly less crippling depression!) . I'm looking to open for some fellow Colorado acts in the Denver metro area.

The shows I've played by myself don't get a big draw (played the Larimer in Denver earlier this month, which was hard as hell to get without being able to guarentee a big crowd), because I grew up in a cult and don't know anyone.

I know there are lots of talented folks here, and even some who play live. So if I could acompany anyone for a show, just check out my stuff on the Myspace: www.myspace.com/reverendblight

I'm sure we'd get along swimmingly.

-b

greenroots
10-27-2007, 11:07 AM
i don't really play shows or anything anymore, but denver's music scene seems really spread out and spontaneous.

there were some great d.i.y venues in the day, (le crunk (my first house), monkey mania, rhinoceropolis. things seem to fade away, or everyone decides to do something like move to olympia, or denver zoning laws ruin good communities all the time.

plus there's not many hipsters, which sounds like a good thing but most of them just don't even care anyways.

you should search for brooks center arts or laura goldhamer on myspace. she runs an underground tea house where alot of shows (that people dont seem to hear about and show up at even if you work hard on a flyer and distribute the fuck out of it) happen that are really great.

karl blau just played there and was amazing. you should talk to them about opening a show or something though, it's a good vibe. it's on like 14th and williams.

i mean, you'll probably see how it goes when you try really hard and you find like 4 people looking up at you. but it's a great place to do your own little thing and sometimes shit really sparks up..i dont know..

the best of luck.

Blight
10-27-2007, 05:17 PM
Well, I'm confident I can get bigger and bigger draws if I just get to know some people. Thanks for the leads man.

305MURDERFOREN666
11-01-2007, 07:56 PM
ey, anyone from the springs area going to the sic alps concert in denver on saturday? or, alternatively, anyone know of a good/cheap way to get down there?

i'll probably miss it, but it would be nice to know for future reference...

Blight
11-02-2007, 11:05 PM
ey, anyone from the springs area going to the sic alps concert in denver on saturday? or, alternatively, anyone know of a good/cheap way to get down there?

i'll probably miss it, but it would be nice to know for future reference...

I can't make it to much these days. I rolled my car last month, so I'm rideless.

-b