PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Imaginary Symphony For Cloudmaking

Alx5tk
10-26-2007, 08:42 PM
To your relief, I suspect, I am not another desperate poster looking for a rip of the 2nd Imaginary Symphony.

Instead, I was wondering if anybody had a transcript of the story? I've searched "lyrics" and whatnot to no success. If anybody could help me out that would be wonderful!

EDIT: I do realize that it would be simple to transcribe it myself, as the audio is clear enough, but I don't currently have the time to do this. But if it comes to this, I will happily post the story myself later in the week.

clickxclick
11-04-2007, 04:14 AM
this would most likely take quite a bit of time.

luckily, on a related note, i recently scored a hard copy of this cd!!! i'm overjoyed about that. it was the final music tapes item i was missing.

Alx5tk
11-04-2007, 08:59 AM
Oh that's awesome!

Yeah, it definitely would take a lot of time, that's why I was hoping maybe there was already a transcript floating around the interweb.

We could maybe do a joint-effort type thing with people on this board? I've actually got the first few minutes typed out somewhere on my computer.

clickxclick
11-04-2007, 11:37 AM
yeah, that's not a bad idea, i could help out with a few minutes of the story.

also, i did not at all realize how valuable this cd is. i traded someone a bad hardcore 7" i didn't want anymore that was probably worth $10 tops. i almost feel bad about it!

Alx5tk
11-04-2007, 01:02 PM
Well hey, if they're happy with the trade then there's no fault on your part!

Alx5tk
11-04-2007, 01:04 PM
Here is my transcription of the 2nd Imaginary Symphony up until about 5:50. If someone would like to continue, that would be wonderful.

This is Nigh's neighborhood. Just over that hill, factories soon to be full of busy grown-ups hard at work. And this is Nigh's street, Telegraph Road. There's the milkman. Every morning he delivers a full day's supply of dairy products to all the houses on Nigh's street. And this big white house, this is Nigh's house. And this is Nigh. He's running down the stairs, though his grandmother has told him not to. Ordinarily it would be time for Nigh to go to school. But since it's vacation time, Nigh is free to stay home with his grandmother and play. Nigh's grandmother is blind, and sometimes needs his help with household chores, such as sweeping, doing wash, taking out the garbage, and making trips to the supermarket. Walking home from the supermarket, Nigh hears the distant song of the fire siren. The fire siren sits perched high atop its red brick engine house, luring firemen away from their families and homes. It is now the dinner hour. Time for the turning sound of latched keys to echo throughout the land as grown-ups arrive home from work. Some arrive by automobile, some arrive by bicycle, and others on foot. This is Mr. Ackerman, Nigh's neighbor and friend. Mr. Ackerman works at the big factory just over the hill. Nigh always looks forward to seeing Mr. Ackerman. You see, sometime ago, Mr. Ackerman confined in Nigh a matter of great importance. Nigh had begun to wonder just what it was that the big factory over the hill was making. Having whiled away many a twilight admiring the great factory, Nigh had begun to know each of its towering smoke stacks and flashing lights. But as for what it was that the great factory made, this, even his grandmother, was not quite sure. When asked at first, Mr. Ackerman did not answer. He regarded Night silently, and after a long pause said only "Nothing of interest, Nigh, nothing of interest." and continued on his way. This, however, served only to peak the nine year old's curiosity, and upon arriving home Mr. Ackerman found the little boy still following close behind him. "I promise you, Nigh, what goes on inside the walls of that factory is of no interest to little boys, or anyone else of that matter. Now please, Nigh, I've had a long day and I'm tired." And with that, Mr. Ackerman waved goodbye and disappeared into his house, closing the door firmly behind him. There was nothing for Nigh to do but to stare for a moment at the closed door before him and walk silently away. Mr. Ackerman had never spoken so coldly to him before, and Nigh was unsure how to react. He did however know one thing for sure. Mr. Ackerman was not the least bit interested in discussing what he did all day at that factory. "Why?" he wondered. Nigh thought about the sorts of things grown-ups do not like to talk about. Usually, Nigh had found they fall into two categories. First, things that embarrassed or made the grown-up uncomfortable. And second, and this was the good one, things unfit for the ears of a little boy. He decided that he would have to be patient and show Mr. Ackerman that, though not entirely fond of all grown-ups... (5:50)