PDA

View Full Version : i finally own every piece of vinyl OTC put out!!!

typewriters
01-22-2004, 11:36 AM
it took me 8 months. but i officially own every piece of vinyl they put out. last one to get: the singles lp.
yey

sculpturedsoundsketch
01-22-2004, 01:17 PM
Do you mean singles and beyond? I got that on vinyl at amoeba records in Hollywood. I'm not sure when the next time I'm heading down that way is, but they normally always seem to have a copy of that. E-mail me (my address is in the profile section on here), and maybe I could pick it up for you next time I'm down there. I live about 45 mins to an hour away from there so I go there every so often cause the music stores where I live only carry crap.
;)

sculpturedsoundsketch
01-22-2004, 03:01 PM
Oops, did I read that wrong? I think I read it as singles is the last one you need to get, did you mean it was the last one you got? Sorry, got confuzzled.
:P

macone
01-22-2004, 03:35 PM
I recently completed my Of Montreal vinyl collection. 5 LP's and seven 7" singles.

perfectbrokenmirror
01-22-2004, 07:38 PM
I have yet to complete any vinyl collection. However, congrats to you two!!

c.s

henrikhhh
01-22-2004, 09:21 PM
i think my nmh collections is complete.. or well, no.. if you skip all the compilations, that is

Squirrellevel
01-23-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by macone
I recently completed my Of Montreal vinyl collection. 5 LP's and seven 7" singles.

Do you have the Ghetto Kitty Island four-way split 7" with OM, Chicken on a Raft, Brad Davenport and The Minders? If you don't, the OM track is "Epistle to a Pathological Creep", which is also on the A Pollinaire Rave CD-r, so you might already have that track, anyway.

typewriters
01-25-2004, 03:59 AM
sorry i meant to write: got.

but i dont have all the comps they were on...nor do i really want to. also...i dont have the peel sessions cd or that one they did with some japanese guy or girl. but i dont like cds unless they have handmade artwork or something to that extent

macone
01-25-2004, 08:45 AM
Do you have the Ghetto Kitty Island four-way split 7" with OM, Chicken on a Raft, Brad Davenport and The Minders? If you don't, the OM track is "Epistle to a Pathological Creep", which is also on the A Pollinaire Rave CD-r, so you might already have that track, anyway. [/quote]

Yea, it just came out. I noticed it on ebay and won one for $6. I contacted the seller who informed me there are four different color sleeves and only 100 copies on red vinyl. The red vinyl was only given to band members. Needless to say, I got one of each cover and was lucky enough to get one red vinyl.
Peace.

p.s. I also got a split 7" called "The Gants Never Again" from 100 Guitar Mania. It has songs by WOLFIE, KLEENEX GIRL WONDER, OF MONTREAL and OUTRAGEOUS CHERRY. Of Montreal contributes "spoonful of sugar" which is one of my favorite songs.

[Edited on 1-25-2004 by macone]

acrobat
01-25-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by typewriters
sorry i meant to write: got.

but i dont have all the comps they were on...nor do i really want to. also...i dont have the peel sessions cd or that one they did with some japanese guy or girl. but i dont like cds unless they have handmade artwork or something to that extent

whoa. I find not particularly wanting the OTC Peel Session to be a bit (ok VERY) odd. The best peel session I've ever heard.