PDA

View Full Version : Awesome!

murphydog
01-22-2004, 05:07 AM
Ok, I admit it Black Foliage is awesome it has been my constant aural companion
since arriving last week.I now have huge quantities of E6 cds on back order all over the place thanks to your responses.Its a good list!What do people think about Guided by Voices,Green Pajamas?

wildrivers
01-22-2004, 08:09 AM
The Seattle based Green Pajamas are an awesome unit. They truly play some of the best neo-psych outside the E6. Unfortunately their best work is out of print - "All Clues Lead To Megan's Bed" and "Indian Winter". Other releases tend to be more hit and miss. Fortunately the Camera Obscura label just released "Through Glass Colored Roses" providing a great overview of their most recent work (the best stuff on there being from the Megan's bed release) . The other 2 oop releases can be had on eBay if you like what you hear on "Roses". Leader Jeff Kelly is a great, prolific writer and a great Revoler era/Rain Parade style guitarist, but his voice - like Jason Lytle's of Grandaddy - can be an acquired taste.

dolemites_sister
01-22-2004, 03:10 PM
Oh man.. I LOVE Guided By Voices.. My Hardcore UFO's boxset just arrived in my mailbox today!!! I can't wait to crack it open!

I just saw them live a couple of weeks ago.. It was fantastic.. They played some different stuff I haven't seen them play before. Hey Aardvark! That's one of my favorite songs!

I've seen them 6 times now...
:)
j

cigarettetricks
01-22-2004, 05:36 PM
i love GBV too : )

i was going to see them this week but i guess bob hurt his back, so they had to cancel the rest of the tour :(

dolemites_sister
01-23-2004, 03:27 AM
Oh no that's terrible!! I didn't hear about that.. He was high kicking as always at the Athens show...

I'm sorry about that... :(

j

acrobat
01-23-2004, 10:53 PM
Guided By Voices is the 2nd greatest band to ever walk the face of the Earth.

I'm so happy for you and the arrival of Hardcore UFOs d_sister! I listen to the "Demons and Painkillers" disc so often it's crazy.

dolemites_sister
01-24-2004, 04:05 AM
The Greatest Hits album is such an unbelievable collection of songs! They did such a good job of picking them out...

I also got the Edison's Demo's LP and Lifeguards. The Edison's Demo's stuff is just beautiful...

Long live Rockathon!
j