PDA

View Full Version : honoring Belle & Sebastian

pinocchio
10-17-2007, 08:55 PM
i know there's already a century of covers, but would you guys be interested in doing a b&s tribute album. you can send all recordings to me and i'll put it together. i think it'd be cool. word up.

pinocchio
10-17-2007, 09:04 PM
radiowires - "string bean jean"
pinocchio - "my wandering days are over"

radiowires
10-17-2007, 09:17 PM
yeah baby

mikehattem
10-18-2007, 04:14 AM
I would definitely be up for that. Put me down tentatively for "Dress Up In You" but I might pick something else. Gonna take me a couple of weeks as I'm back in school at a very ripe age.

Mike

feeling_retro
10-18-2007, 10:00 AM
i would absolutely love to do this. i have no clue which song though...
i'll get back to you.

pinocchio
10-18-2007, 10:47 AM
ok right on

here is a very flexible list so far then

radiowires - "string bean jean"
pinocchio - "my wandering days are over"
dantheman - "lazy line painter jane"
payl - "marx and engels"
mikehattem - "dress up in you"
charrrrd - "i don't love anyone"
feeling retro - TBA

this will be acoustic so i don't know if you'll need your friend payl, but maybe you still want to double up. i guess we can make the due date January 5th? is that cool?

i'm going to keep this list on the townhall, because it's too annoying to do on both. let's try and get at least 15 covers. 18 - 20 3or4 minute songs would be ideal.

radiowires
10-18-2007, 03:07 PM
umm--- actually I'd like to do "This is Just a Modern Rock Song" instead. I just re-fell in luv with it.

pinocchio
10-18-2007, 05:39 PM
yeah...i'm think that my wandering days are over is going to be way too easy. i'm going to do either that or get me away from here, i'm dying - one of those two definitely. so know one else pick one of those, ok? ok

hockywierdo
10-19-2007, 01:02 AM
definitely gonna get in on this somehow.
maybe stars of track and field.

canyr
10-19-2007, 09:16 AM
I'm doing "me and the major"!

radiowires
10-19-2007, 09:20 AM
I was hoping someone would cover that one!

radiowires
10-19-2007, 09:22 AM
the band i'm in covered get me away from here i'm dying and it was a lot of fun!!
i doubt they'd want to contribute to an internet album though

That's pretty close to my favorite ever B&S song... you should contribute an officeparty solo project version!

pinocchio
10-19-2007, 10:12 AM
alrighty sons and wives, hear he.

it's kind of confusing with people saying stuff like:

"i kinda wanna do this one song... but i forget it"
or
"maybe i'll do a song"

here's the hood word - the more the better... but i guess hold off on input unless you're committed to doing a song. you have til Jan 5th anyway. let me (this thread) know if you are going to do one. nothin' else.
i've decided on my song. i'm doing the state that i am in. sorry, but that's final now. ok. so here's a new list. i'm going by what people in these threads have said.. or hinted at rather. let me know if i should change shit. if you've commented i'm just putting you down for the song.

OK...

radiowires - "this is just a modern rock song"
pinocchio - "the state that i am in"
payl - "marx and engels"
charrrrrd - "i don't love anyone"
feeling retro - TBA
jcmoods - "piazza, ny catcher"
stompclapclap - "she's losing it"
hockeywierdo - "stars of track and field"
canyr - "me and the major"

- Keep 'em coming. if you've said you might do one and don't want to anymore (jcmoods, stompclapclap, feeling retro, hockeywierdo, etc) let me know.

Peace

radiowires
10-19-2007, 01:17 PM
fyi, I changed mine to "This is just a modern rock song"

and I got your money today, pinocchio. thanks! (btw it's "Blevins" right? Couldn't quite make out that part of your handwriting)

pinocchio
10-19-2007, 01:47 PM
oh, yeah dude Blevins. that's good to send it there. thanks man i'll be anticipatin'

radiowires
10-19-2007, 02:08 PM
should go in the mail tomorrow. Please post photo of you with it on treehouse if you get the chance (for the collage for Will).

theaddingmachine
10-20-2007, 01:00 PM
dibs on "your secrets"

kuranes
10-21-2007, 07:38 PM
If you don't mind offbeat covers, I will do "A Summer Wasting"

pinocchio
10-21-2007, 09:29 PM
radiowires - "this is just a modern rock song"
pinocchio - "the state that i am in"
payl - "marx and engels"
charrrrrd - "i don't love anyone"
feeling retro - TBA
jcmoods - "piazza, ny catcher"
stompclapclap - "she's losing it"
hockeywierdo - "stars of track and field"
canyr - "me and the major"
the adding machine - "your secrets"
kuranes (i have no idea who you are but who gives a fuck.. is doing...) "a summer wasting"
downtownracers - "like dylan in the movies"

awesome dudes! let the money roll. someone please do WICKED aight. start practicing. i want submissions to move. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE HUG MWUAH

pinocchio
11-22-2007, 12:49 AM
ok guys bringin' this back. i know mark is ready to go. i basically am. have any of you gotten anything together? send stuff my way. we'll give it another month. this will be so good

piaptk
11-22-2007, 02:57 AM
Miniature and Presidential would like to do:
Boy With the Arab Strap.

Whats the deadline?

theaddingmachine
11-22-2007, 09:35 PM
could the deadline be at least, like, new year's day? i am SWAMPED until after finals and won't be able to work on songs until i get home, which is probably dec 20.

hockywierdo
11-22-2007, 09:40 PM
oh my gosh i am so interested!!
Stars of Track and Field

beans45601
11-22-2007, 09:49 PM
I would be willing to host it

thekingisdead
11-23-2007, 07:25 PM
I'll try dirty dream #2 !

piaptk
11-24-2007, 06:37 PM
Here is Miniature And Presidential's cover. I think the noises might either make it interesting or annoying or both. I can change whatever if anyone wants to give me some feedback.
http://sota.llarian.net/MinAndPrez/MiniatureandPresidential-BoyWithTheArabStrap.mp3

radiowires
11-24-2007, 06:56 PM
that's great!
the spoken (voicemail) vocal near center seems a little intrusive sometimes especially at the start, maybe that could be taken down very slightly. I like the other noises a lot. Great interpretation and singing voice.

piaptk
11-24-2007, 08:25 PM
that's great!
the spoken (voicemail) vocal near center seems a little intrusive sometimes especially at the start, maybe that could be taken down very slightly. I like the other noises a lot. Great interpretation and singing voice.

Thanks!

I took the voicemail down some. Reuploaded it to the same link.

theaddingmachine
11-24-2007, 09:59 PM
i am changing the song i'm doing by myself from "your secrets" to "winter wooskie"... i apologize for being so indecisive!!!!

pinocchio
11-25-2007, 03:19 PM
hey guys so what's up with this... beans is hosting it. mine is pretty much done i suppose. we should get an official list together. i'll make the date jan. 1st? i don't feel like tracking people down though so i guess get it in by the 1st if you can, if you need more time than that let me know.

piaptk
11-28-2007, 06:23 PM
Here is the final version of my song:

http://sota.llarian.net/MinAndPrez/MiniatureandPresidential-BoyWithTheArabStrap.mp3

Stormx
11-28-2007, 07:18 PM
I'll tentatively say The Gate. We'll see.

piaptk
12-11-2007, 05:50 PM
Anybody working on this? I'm really excited to hear the results. Was just listening to a bunch of singles today.

pinocchio
12-11-2007, 06:07 PM
hey everyone,

i am almost finished with my wandering days are over. i have a friend doing female vocs for the chorus. i will pm everyone on the list tomorrow

- brian

radiowires
12-13-2007, 04:30 PM
Hi pinocchio, here is our contribution. Please credit to radiowires with Pele Merengue and superman, it was a treehouse group effort. It's possible that an updated version will be sent to you later (further contributions from other folks are pending), but if this version gets used, it's fine with me. Hope it doesn't suck too bad.

This is Just a Modern Rock Song: http://tinyurl.com/2d8hcp

piaptk
01-23-2008, 09:30 PM
So what;s up? Anyone else done one?

pinocchio
11-11-2008, 01:13 PM
ah yes here we go all right. CHECK BACK IN if you're around and still game

mombus

emmi_i
11-23-2008, 04:58 PM
so bringing this back up... who's doing what? who's still in?

I'm thinking I'd do Like Dylan in the movies, but I'm not sure if the person who's already called it sent one in/would still like to be in... so, maybe a new list of who's doing what?

theaddingmachine
11-23-2008, 06:23 PM
i thiiiiiink i wanna do "i love my car" instead of whatever else i said i was doing