PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Colbert for president?

VenusInFurs341
10-16-2007, 09:24 PM
Anybody else watch colbert announce his candidacy tonite? He's the funniest man alive, but I don't think I'd choose him over my boi barizzle obizzle. Personally I think its about time that Souljah Boi stops screwing around with us and finally formally enters himself.

Mutineer
10-17-2007, 01:50 AM
Oh lawd.

JoeJustJoe
10-17-2007, 09:05 AM
I've been ranting about Colbert/Stewart for quite sometime. Better than Lou Dobbs or Wolf Blitzer for real news.

starman
10-17-2007, 09:55 AM
A Colbert/Stewart ticket would get a large amount of votes I truly think. It is a bad sign for the state of our nation when they would easily defeat our president in an election. But here's to a Edwards/Obama ticket in '08!

By the way, how's the house treating you Joe?

CavortingChicken
10-17-2007, 03:14 PM
Edwards/Obama Grrrrrreattttt!!!!! More of the same old shit. We need a change, we need our freedom back, and we need an end to this bullshit we've turned into these last 100 years.

Wake up. Ron Paul 2008

stompclapclap
10-17-2007, 03:25 PM
HAHA http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jeKU0TQeLeyaYdxDkkbWs2vVEPfQD8SAN8400

typewriters
10-17-2007, 11:11 PM
Edwards/Obama Grrrrrreattttt!!!!! More of the same old shit. We need a change, we need our freedom back, and we need an end to this bullshit we've turned into these last 100 years.

Wake up. Ron Paul 2008

YEAH!, RU PAUL 08!

Aqualad
10-18-2007, 07:25 AM
ron paul~

JoeJustJoe
10-18-2007, 10:29 AM
A Colbert/Stewart ticket would get a large amount of votes I truly think. It is a bad sign for the state of our nation when they would easily defeat our president in an election. But here's to a Edwards/Obama ticket in '08!

By the way, how's the house treating you Joe?

Loosing to Colbert/Stewart is less a sign of the state of our Nation than having lower voter turnout than American Idol in 2004 was.

The house is amazing. Moving sucks though. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Still don't have a phone or internet service and might be stuck with dial-up. Thanks for asking.

funeralpudding
10-18-2007, 04:23 PM

Wake up. Ron Paul 2008

Uh, yeah, we need Republicans to bring integrity back into the White House... And to the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport men's room.

forkrepublicans
10-18-2007, 04:33 PM
Okay I understand Ron Paul has some interesting ideas on where american politics should go and I agree with a large majority of them, but if he is elected do you really think any of his ideas will pass through congress. Marijuana legalization, no taxes, pulling out of the iraq war as soon as possible. it;s great concepts they won't happen though and in the end your just voting for a republican...

Aqualad
10-18-2007, 05:19 PM
Why so much focus on democrat vs. republican? The political party doesn't matter. Voting for a democrat doesn't mean anything will change. I looked at both democrats and republicans and found the candidate who was most consistent, intelligent, and honest. And I supported him. I was thinking I would be voting democrat until I found him. So maybe I should start a new campaign about ending political party lines. Peace for parties, i'll call it.

Aqualad
10-18-2007, 05:22 PM
And I can't believe anyone would vote for someone less radical about his ideas just because not all of them would pass or fly with congress. Don't opt for mediocrity just because it won't require working for it.

Mutineer
10-18-2007, 06:00 PM
Marijuana legalization? lololo, no wonder all these fags are talling me "VOTE RON PALL DUDE".

thecauseofgauze
10-18-2007, 06:37 PM
obama is not all that he's cracked-up to be...

mike gravel is damn near decent though

Mutineer
10-18-2007, 07:01 PM
Obama is black though.

starman
10-18-2007, 07:14 PM
The house is amazing. Moving sucks though. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Still don't have a phone or internet service and might be stuck with dial-up. Thanks for asking.

Awesome man. Moving blows, no getting around that. And the internet thing is a situation you run into a lot around here. My parents live about 20 minutes north of downtown and they are stuck with dial-up. I'm sure you can find some way around it.

And as for this whole Ron Paul thing I feel like like I am just listening to a bunch of hippies orgasm about Ralph Nader again. Go change your underwear and become sensible.

funeralpudding
10-18-2007, 08:02 PM
obama is not all that he's cracked-up to be...

Your argument has won me over (smiley with rolling eyes here)

Aqualad
10-18-2007, 08:16 PM
obama says a lot of good things in general as far as politicians go, but it is obvious that he plays a careful game and is very cautious about how he projects his image. I'd rather he laid his cards on the table and got a lot more specific about his agenda before I bought into his message.

I'm pretty sure ron paul's thing about marijuana is to legalize it for medical purposes. The only thing I've ever read about him was that. It seems pretty low on his priorities, and for good reason. I don't think it's really a big issue, anyway. But yeah, i feel like i'm in some kind of alternate universe when someone on a forum about a group of bands that loved 60s psych and pop calls someone else a hippy.

starman
10-18-2007, 08:25 PM
I'm not saying you all are hippies, I'm talking about the people that gush about Nader all the time. And just because someone likes 60's psychedelic and pop music, and music that is influenced by it doesn't make them a hippy. Everyone knows that when they hear the word hippy a specific image pops into their head, and that is what I am talking about.

funeralpudding
10-18-2007, 08:25 PM
Obama is the only one to cut through the bullshit talk about terrorism and say if Al Qaeda is hiding in Pakistan, we'll go into Pakistan and get them.

starman
10-18-2007, 08:28 PM
I think Obama is the best candidate for president based solely on his platforms. But his lack of experience is a little intimidating. It is great to think that he can just grow into the office, but I think that is a recipe for disaster. That is why I think Edwards (who also has a lot of good points)/Obama is the perfect ticket, with Obama running after getting some time in the White House under his belt.

CavortingChicken
10-18-2007, 11:12 PM
I think Obama is the best candidate for president based solely on his platforms. But his lack of experience is a little intimidating. It is great to think that he can just grow into the office, but I think that is a recipe for disaster. That is why I think Edwards (who also has a lot of good points)/Obama is the perfect ticket, with Obama running after getting some time in the White House under his belt.

The point is you and most americans do not know how bad a shape this country is in. Our dollar will collapse if changes are not made. We borrow over 2 trillion a year to police the world and according to head of US terrorist defense center we are technically not any safer now than we were before 9/11(i'll provide a link to the news report if anyone cares to see it.)

Do the democrats support the war in Iraq now....umm no. But didn't they vote for the war originally, they claim that is only because they were deceived or lied to by the Bush administration. Yet Ron Paul (republican) originally voted against it because it was an unnecessary war to get into and an irrational one as it turned out to be. Now wouldn't it be nice to have someone consistant in office? Why do you believe all these other top tier candidates or prefer them over someone you could trust just by looking at his record. He stands by his word. Everyone else will change his/her stance just to get yyour vote.(rudy guiliani) These are our lives do you wanna see another great depression...you know we fight each other like animals if that happened. Just like Katrina.

Do you wanna continue this wonderful war on terror as we begin to invade Iran(probably again without a declaration of war). Don't believe its going to happen, oh it will happen if Ron Paul isn't elected. Infact one of our retired generals on a news report said we already have some troops in Iran(again I will find these videos if you dont believe it)

Now who is going to stand up for hilary or obama and justify how we should keep this country going the way it is. Even the democrats say we may have troops across seas until 2013. We are smarter than this, USA was born out of a revolt from a country who was much like the one we are becoming today. History is a bitch, especially when it repeats itself in such small circles. Are we smarter than to let history repeat..fix our country now.. vote Ron Paul it our responsibility!!

starman
10-18-2007, 11:29 PM
Wow, where to begin. Obama wasn't even in the senate to vote for or against the war in 2002, so you can't fault him for voting for the war. Edwards did not vote for the war either. That ruins your tirade on hippocracy.

Secondly, the dollar wasn't that week until Bush came into office. Clinton had the deficit gone, and then this dumb ass comes into office and throws our economy into shambles. Ron Paul will do a better job at reviving the economy than Bush did, but so will many other candidates.

If Ron Paul gets elected into office do you honestly believe that the world will stop hating us, corruption in the senate and house will end, there will be no more violence, and he will run the new utopian society and everyone will have butt sex and sing kumbaya? You are an ignorant ass.

And before you go on your next rant don't tell me that I, or anyone else on this board, don't know as much as you about my country as you do. Do you think you are some high and mighty genius because you support a small party candidate that doesn't stand a chance of ever winning office. You are just a hipster prick who wants to be cool and support Ron Paul.

CavortingChicken
10-18-2007, 11:58 PM
you obviously have no idea what state our country is in. We are talking about a man who is bringing together reps, dems, and independants all alike, who the fuck else is doing that? Why are these people flocking to him? He had a rally after the last rep debate and had over 2000 people show, what other candidate gets that? His campaign money is significant and is being contributed by real americans not special interests, who the fuck are you to say he has no chance in hell to win? His odds were just cut from 8 to 1 to 6 to 1 favored over Romney.

If you think our economy will do great just because you elect a democrat your a fool. Our dollar has been in a decline and our system is doomed to fail. What is Edwards goign to do?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhglwvE50cg

It is still very early in this race and I dare say was't bill clinton pollin only around 2% at this time when he first ran?

CavortingChicken
10-18-2007, 11:59 PM
i anxiously await your reply sweet teeth!

CavortingChicken
10-19-2007, 12:01 AM
actually no im going to bed after i eat some cereal i reply tomorrow when i'm good and ready..thanks william

grammar_fbi
10-19-2007, 12:07 AM
your a fool

You're

starman
10-19-2007, 12:09 AM
Obama has more people flocking to him than Ron Paul does. He is preaching the same thing Ron Paul is of rising above political parties and doing what is best for the country, not what a certain party is supposed to do. I didn't say democrats would fix the economy, I said several candidates, not just democrats, so don't misquote me. Obama is only 4 million behind Hillary and accepts no money from lobbyists, and leads all candidates in money raised from grass roots. If you seriously think Paul has a chance at winning this election then I cannot have an actual debate with you because you are obviously delusional and unreachable. Enjoy your cereal.

starman
10-19-2007, 12:10 AM
Thanks for the correction Grammar. If you are going to be respected in any debate you need to be well articulated, and able to spell. Work on that first, and then come back.

CavortingChicken
10-19-2007, 08:03 AM
Thanks for the correction Grammar. If you are going to be respected in any debate you need to be well articulated, and able to spell. Work on that first, and then come back.

lol your such a dork.

well if you want big government, more taxation and welfare, amen brother!

Its time for a revolution old man...time for change...vote with your heart.

JoeJustJoe
10-19-2007, 09:50 AM
I love Grammer FBI. We've needed one around here for a while.

tackledspoon
10-19-2007, 10:44 AM
I don't support Ron Paul, but anybody who's going crazy over any other major party candidate is a stooge.

CavortingChicken
10-19-2007, 01:21 PM
why don't you support ron paul?

CavortingChicken
10-19-2007, 01:22 PM
btw i'm lurking

tackledspoon
10-19-2007, 01:57 PM
I'm not an economic libertarian. I respect him because I think that he feels that his policies are of the sort that would genuinely create positive changes and doesn't let partisian bullshit get in the way.

funeralpudding
10-19-2007, 02:06 PM

from ontheissues.org:

Voted NO on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines. (Jan 2007)
Voted NO on allowing human embryonic stem cell research. (May 2005)
Voted YES on banning Family Planning funding in US aid abroad. (May 2001)
No federal funding of abortion, and pro-life. (Dec 2000)
Voted YES on vouchers for private & parochial schools. (Nov 1997)
Abolish the federal Department of Education. (Dec 2000)
Supports a Constitutional Amendment for school prayer. (May 1997)
Voted NO on removing oil & gas exploration subsidies. (Jan 2007)
Voted NO on starting implementation of Kyoto Protocol. (Jun 2000)
Rated 5% by the LCV, indicating anti-environment votes. (Dec 2003)
Voted NO on establishing nationwide AMBER alert system for missing kids. (Apr 2003)
Voted NO on $156M to IMF for 3rd-world debt reduction. (Jul 2000)
Close departments of Energy, Education & Homeland Security. (May 2007)
Voted NO on requiring lobbyist disclosure of bundled donations. (May 2007)
Voted NO on campaign finance reform banning soft-money contributions. (Feb 2002)
Voted NO on banning soft money and issue ads. (Sep 1999)
Unlimited campaign contributions; with full disclosure. (Dec 2000)
Voted NO on restricting employer interference in union organizing. (Mar 2007)
Voted NO on increasing minimum wage to $7.25. (Jan 2007)
Voted YES on eliminating the Estate Tax ("death tax"). (Apr 2001)
Voted YES on making the Bush tax cuts permanent. (Apr 2002)
Voted NO on allowing telephone monopolies to offer Internet access. (Feb 2002)
Voted NO on establishing "network neutrality" (non-tiered Internet). (Jun 2006)

CavortingChicken
10-19-2007, 03:45 PM
That website really doesn't tell you much at all. What do the bills actually say that he voted for or against, what was the wording, were there any other bills or items piggybacked on the bills? Did he vote against a bill because it's not something that there is a constitutional basis for regulation of that particular issue on a nat'l level. Did he vote no on programs that would require unjust taxation to fund? You have to understand that no bill in congress is just a cut and dry, yes or no issue.The political process in this country is unfortunately not that simple. So the simple two word descriptions accompanied by a date don't really tell much of the story.

CavortingChicken
10-19-2007, 03:46 PM
Voted NO on increasing minimum wage to $7.25. (Jan 2007)

If theres no IRS is that kinda of like raising minimum wage by like 25%?

dust
10-19-2007, 04:05 PM
fuck politics

"Political conflicts are merely surfaced manifestations. If conflicts arise you may certain powers intend to keep this conflict under operation since they hope to profit from the situation. To concern yourself with surface political conflicts is to make the mistake of the bull in the ring, you are charging the cloth. That is what politics is for, to teach you the cloth. Just as the bullfighter teaches the bull, teaches him to follow, obey the cloth."

CavortingChicken
10-19-2007, 04:05 PM
Uh, yeah, we need Republicans to bring integrity back into the White House... And to the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport men's room.

I don't blame you for hating what the republican party has become, but you must realize Ron Paul is just as pissed. Look past the whole party thing man, don't you love our country because of what its based on...freedom...this is what this election is all about. This is election is a HUGE deal. How many more men must we send to their deaths over in Iraq/Iran for next 5 years?? Are we safer... nope. Actually we are losing more men and going further into debt. What happened to habeus corpus and whats with the president making it easier to declare martial law recently?? Do they expect public unrest?? Again wake up.

How do you expect Edwards/Obama to defeat the crimson witch Hillary herself? Shes already adopting some of Obama's policies because they appeal to the public. She will do anything and screw anyone to win...wanna watch something interesting about Hillary here...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7007109937779036019&hl=en-GB

What I'm getting at is...the Republican citizens are very unsure who they want as their nominee. Like I said Paul's odds are better now that ever before(anmd continue to be), an he is finacially secure to continue this race. Brownback actually just resigned from the race earlier today, thats more time to look at the other candidates including Paul(more coverage the better.) Ron Paul has a very very very good chance at beating out the neocons. The only candidate who can beat Hillary is Ron Paul.

CavortingChicken
10-19-2007, 04:10 PM
fuck politics

"Political conflicts are merely surfaced manifestations. If conflicts arise you may certain powers intend to keep this conflict under operation since they hope to profit from the situation. To concern yourself with surface political conflicts is to make the mistake of the bull in the ring, you are charging the cloth. That is what politics is for, to teach you the cloth. Just as the bullfighter teaches the bull, teaches him to follow, obey the cloth."

may you sleep comfortably in your hole of denial, but i will fight and die for my country if it comes down to a revolution how ever much it could be avoided.

"Be firm, my friends, nor let UNMANLY SLOTH
Twine round your hearts indissoluble chains.
Ne'er yet by force was freedom overcome.
Unless CORRUPTION first dejects the pride,
And guardian vigour of the free-born soul,
All crude attempts of violence are vain.
Determined, hold
Your INDEPENDENCE; for, that once destroy'd,
Unfounded Freedom is a morning dream."

-Candidus(pen name of Samuel Adams

Boston Gazette
Oct. 14, 1771

Ron Paul 2008

dust
10-19-2007, 04:23 PM
ron paul is a creep. they all are. anyone who puts faith into a politician is a fool. fuck politics and fuck people who burst veins over 'em.

but you are obviously a nut. there are lots of nuts. some hatch conspiracy theories, others look to politix.

peace nigga

CavortingChicken
10-19-2007, 04:32 PM
ummmm

dust
10-19-2007, 04:42 PM
where is your fire and brimstone now?

either candidate is going to end up being an asshole. why concern yourself about it? you nut. MEANINGLESS statistics that have no consequence on your life. it's like sports man. keep pretending to care. RAH RAH BENGALS. realize it's a great freedom to be able to invest yourself so emotionally in Candidate A whose policy is only slightly different than Candidate B. at least you're not being locked up. at least you have enough food. what more do you need?

personally i choose Candidate (#$9320490190~!!!!!324394

fUCK YOU

POOP
POOP
FUCK POLITICS

dust
10-19-2007, 04:47 PM
Oh Shit There's Gonna Be A Revolution Guns In The Street Oh Shit This Country Has Been Fucked For 100 Years (before I Was Alive) Oh Shit We're Headed For A Depression Oh Shit Waaaah Waaaaah I Need A Life Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

jkirkpleasant
10-19-2007, 05:15 PM
no one needs to burst a vein to stay informed and involved in the political process.
i can see why people are so apathetic, but to me, this guy (ron paul) really is different.
i'm a very liberal thinker and prefer kucinich over anyone else, but there's no way any democrat is going to beat hillary. however, if ron paul wins the republican nomination (he's finally being taken seriously be the mainstream media), he does offer an interesting position, especially in relation to hillary. it seems to me that she would be more of the same, while paul would totally revolutionize the system by bringing it back to it's original constitutional purpose.

CavortingChicken
10-19-2007, 05:26 PM
Oh Shit There's Gonna Be A Revolution Guns In The Street Oh Shit This Country Has Been Fucked For 100 Years (before I Was Alive) Oh Shit We're Headed For A Depression Oh Shit Waaaah Waaaaah I Need A Life Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

what is wrong with you man? if we choose to ignore history it is bound to repeat itself...have we not heard that a million times? why must we go with the flow? why do people like you choose not to care...you have grown so accustom to this country's bullshit policies that you're indifferent.......

dust
10-19-2007, 05:36 PM
no one needs to burst a vein to stay informed and involved in the political process.

there's a difference between being informed and being owned

yeah im indifferent. persuade me otherwise, but without all the bluster.

Mutineer
10-19-2007, 05:37 PM
ITT: LOTS OF BORING.

I'm voting for Obama because he's black and other than that I don't really care who wins. I don't care about politics because none of it affects me in the least. So yeah, fuck this thread.

CavortingChicken
10-19-2007, 05:53 PM
yea im done with this thread too, i don't understand what im reading from some of you.

jkirkpleasant
10-19-2007, 06:43 PM
the difference is finding out for yourself what the truth is. there are lots of legitimate news sources out there that aren't corporate controlled. try www.therealnews.com for instance. there is a growing interest in becoming informed and not being owned. to me, intentionally not being informed is being owned and unaware of it.

call this blustering... but perhaps we need to revisit our declaration and take heed:

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.-

Aqualad
10-19-2007, 06:55 PM
I think we've let things creep in and become numb to a lot of the problems. We're also extremely selfish if we're going to have "it doesn't affect me" as our motto. We don't understand that the current monetary policy is what causes a lot of our inflation, which causes everything to cost more, which puts more strain on everyday people like you and me. Also most of us are not thinking in long term about what letting any candidate win means. If the patriot is passed, if a national id card is issued, if more and more of these burdens are placed on the normal citizen(we know criminals aren't going to care about the national id card/forge copies, etc.), we lose more and more of our freedoms. I'm really surprised fp is supporting invading pakistan to find al quaeda when it's clearly violating another country, creating more problems. And cavortingchicken is right, even if he is pretty spastic when he types, that we are no safer than we were before 911. I haven't seen another candidate who has studied and understands as much about our situation in the middle east, as well. Reading this thread I realized that it's possible to have obama and ron paul nominated because, lol, different parties. I think if that happened the difference would become more readily apparent. But all in all, obama is fine. he'd bring four more years of blah to politics. But can you imagine the stir ron paul would make in politics if he was elected?

Aqualad
10-19-2007, 06:57 PM
wow what a cool back to back post.

also really cool videon on hillary clinton on there.

funeralpudding
10-19-2007, 09:29 PM
I'm really surprised fp is supporting invading pakistan to find al quaeda when it's clearly violating another country, creating more problems. And cavortingchicken is right, even if he is pretty spastic when he types, that we are no safer than we were before 911.

We are no safer because we haven't invaded Pakistan. Our National Intelligence Estimate, the combined reports of our 16 intelligence agencies in the US, is who is telling us we are less safe than before 9/11, and it's because Al Qaeda is stronger than ever. And I mean the REAL Al Qaeda currently (probably) in Pakistan, not the group creating a diversion of attention in Iraq. Our occupation of Iraq is what is creating more problems (and more terrorists). It seems pretty simple that actually going after Al Qaeda would help (however Bush admittedly "doesn't think much about 'em").

It's disconcerting that what's getting lost in all the talk about terrorism is the actual terrorists.

jefferoo
10-19-2007, 10:12 PM
First of all, fuck Ron Paul.

Obama is the only one to cut through the bullshit talk about terrorism and say if Al Qaeda is hiding in Pakistan, we'll go into Pakistan and get them.
I like Obama, but Kucinich is the ony one who is right. Create a department of peace and put an end to violent conflict on our planet.

Aqualad
10-20-2007, 06:51 AM
a department of peace will do what, exactly? unless it's something else than what I'm thinking it will bring about more conflicts. And since when do we need a department for peace, anyway? That's like saying we need a department of love or a dept. of goodwill. The entire government is supposed to be about maintaining peace, not a small division. Plus, that would creat a scapegoat for future government. Blame the department of peace for not keeping the peace.

and I agree that bush lost focus in the middle east oh-so-quickly, but I don't recommend us invading another country to find them. Plus they are in the lawless border of pakistan, making it even weirder. It's hard to say if us going in or advocating others going in would be the better deal.

quixoticgoat
10-21-2007, 02:35 PM
i feel like i havent heard enough about the dem. candidates to say which ones i really like or don't like...

i find it hard to vote most of the time because i'm 95% sure i'm a socialist

quixoticgoat
10-21-2007, 02:36 PM
First of all, fuck Ron Paul.

I like Obama, but Kucinich is the ony one who is right. Create a department of peace and put an end to violent conflict on our planet.

...also, i 2nd this

Aqualad
10-21-2007, 07:08 PM
i can't believe anyone is serious about this whole department of peace thing.

jefferoo
10-21-2007, 07:10 PM
I cant believe you're a republican. Oh wait... nevermind.

CavortingChicken
10-21-2007, 07:50 PM
ron paul is winning fox news debate poll as we speak with 35% huckabee behind him with 24%

jefferoo
10-22-2007, 08:01 AM
no logic + suicidal = voting republican

CavortingChicken
10-22-2007, 09:39 AM
jefferoo i think you are too smart even for yourself....may you prosper like the litter of a tibitan mountain leopard.

Aqualad
10-22-2007, 05:02 PM
when are you guys going to get over party lines? They don't matter.

quixoticgoat
10-22-2007, 05:27 PM
i just want to mention that FOX News is full of shit. they are severely slanted to the right. just take what they say with a grain of salt.

...... well.. maybe more like a pound of salt

Aqualad
10-22-2007, 06:30 PM
almost all media is slanted to the left or right. I don't watch fox, anyway.

jefferoo
10-22-2007, 07:53 PM
when are you guys going to get over party lines? They don't matter.

That's exactly what supreme court justices think, too.
It's kinda cute that you don't think so just so you can feel like your not a part of a fundamentally corrupt organization.
Keep it up.

dust
10-22-2007, 09:08 PM
democrats are whiney pussies
republicans are self-centered assholes

- every political discussion ever

funeralpudding
10-22-2007, 09:43 PM
democrats are whiney pussies
republicans are self-centered assholes

- every political discussion ever

I'd like to argue about the Democratic side, especially since the few genuine people's champs like Obama, Conyers, Leahy, and Waxman are there, but as a whole this latest Demo-controlled Congress is proving you correct.

Aqualad
10-22-2007, 11:15 PM
That's exactly what supreme court justices think, too.
It's kinda cute that you don't think so just so you can feel like your not a part of a fundamentally corrupt organization.
Keep it up.

I'm trying. It's tough, and I don't believe the government is fundamentally corrupt, unless you're referring to its current policies.

Aqualad
10-22-2007, 11:16 PM
if communism and socialism really worked, would we even need the government?

Aqualad
11-10-2007, 10:01 AM
http://withinempire.wordpress.com/2007/04/30/hillary-clintons-campaign-manager-and-main-policy-advisor-is-a-neocon/

I had to bring this up here, haha.

pinocchio
11-10-2007, 11:29 AM
your momma wears combat boots

Aqualad
11-11-2007, 11:59 PM
these boots were made for walking

Cecil
11-12-2007, 02:01 AM
Big Boi for Mayor of Atlanta.

jefferoo
11-12-2007, 10:14 PM
My vote is on Usher for Mayor of Atlanta.