PDA

View Full Version : did he do it or was he murdered???

jknight
01-21-2004, 10:20 AM
I was woundering if anyone here believes if Elliott Smith actually killed himself or if he was killed by his girlfriend. I finished reading the police report and autopsy from a link over at the pitchfork website. I am totally shocked by the facts. 1, he had defensive stab wounds on his arm, as if he were trying to block a sharp object, 2, there were no hesitation stab wounds on his clothing, were most people who kill themselves hesitate before going through with it, 3, the girlfriend pulled the knife out of his chest before any police or EMT's got there, and 4, she is not dealing with the cops. This were all facts that were stated on the police report, so it makes you think... yet I hope this dosen't offend anyone, I am just curious if anyone has thought about this.

floating norman
01-21-2004, 11:33 AM
yeah, i heard about that. it is very shady. it's hard to say. it's done though.

dolemites_sister
01-21-2004, 02:42 PM
I know I know! I read about all that on The Smoking Gun website... Its terrible..

Another question along the same lines....

Did Courtney Love kill Kurt Cobain? Another unanswered question.....

j

nervesandgel
01-21-2004, 03:07 PM
theres so many ways to kill yourself, i never thought as stabbing yourself in the chest as one of them. you have to be extra determined on that one.

as for kurt, go back and read his suicide note as a band resignation, it makes much more sence.

William
01-21-2004, 03:46 PM
My thoughts would be most likely Elliott Smith did it to himself. They should say if it's common or not that there are no "hesitation wounds" with self-inflicted stabbings.

Kurt Cobain as well most likely did it to himself.

But with Kurt Cobain's note it was way more obvious that he actually wrote it.

Miss Teen Wordpower
01-22-2004, 04:59 PM
well to be fair . . she did actually talk to the police. They even say that they sat down and talked to her at the kitchen table and that's when she noticed the post-it note.

Miss Teen Wordpower
01-22-2004, 05:00 PM
But even if it was proven either way . . . there will still be conspiracy theories. This case will never be solved, I can tell ya that. They didn't secure the "crime" scene.

[Edited on 1-23-2004 by Miss Teen Wordpower]

jknight
01-23-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Miss Teen Wordpower
But even if it was proven either way . . . there will still be conspiracy theories. This case will never be solved, I can tell ya that. They didn't secure the "crime" scene.

[Edited on 1-23-2004 by Miss Teen Wordpower]

when i said that she is not dealing with the cops, i meant that she is not dealing with them anymore. of course she would have to deal with them at the time of the incident, she called them. but why would you ignore something that to me, if my girlfriend stabed herself i would want to make sure that everything that can be done for her is done. and if the cops were to start asking me questions about a homicide, i would make sure that the truth be told, and that i did not become a suspect at all.

Miss Teen Wordpower
01-23-2004, 02:31 PM
She claims in her MTV interview that they haven't contacted her for the investigation. Unfortunately, the word is that police are trying to drop this case because they believe it's a suicide. It's a shame . . . there are many facts that are fishy . . even the coroner thinks so. We'll never know one way or the other. I don't think blaming her right now is going to solve anything though when we dont' have all of the facts.

jknight
01-23-2004, 08:18 PM
i know, i dont want to put blame, and actually i think she didnt do it, but i am a big old question maker.

perfectbrokenmirror
01-23-2004, 08:40 PM
Now we can spend years attempting to figure out if he was murdered or if he committed suicide (a.k.a. another Kurt Cobain).

Is life so dull that we purposefully create insolvable 1000 piece puzzles?

I don't know what to think of the situation. I like straight forward answers. I think one of the major problems is the stereotype that musicians will and/or have a tendency to commit suicide.

An enigma for music lovers to ponder…

c.s

c.s

dolemites_sister
01-24-2004, 04:08 AM
yes, and considering the mental state of both Cobain and Smith, its so easy to rule it a suicide......

Oh well... They are still both beautiful people who died before their time...

Stewart
01-25-2004, 12:48 AM
I bet Ian Curtis was murdered...

kartoonz
01-25-2004, 08:05 PM
Elliott sometimes resorted to self-mutilation to make himself feel better. Maybe the cuts on his arm started as that and he decided that wasn't enough to kill the pain. I dunno, it's too easy to jump on the conspiracy bandwagon when you don't want to believe what's probably the truth.