PDA

View Full Version : Darjeeling Limited Playlists

Spikyfred
10-16-2007, 06:51 PM
It's on Itunes in the Music section. It's worth checking out
It's got Playlists from Adrien Brody, Jason Schwartzman and Wes Anderson.

dust
10-16-2007, 09:13 PM
i don't even want to imagine what's on this. i will never understand the appeal of wes anderson. darjeeling limited seems like one of my nightmares put to celluloid from the cast to the story to the look of the film. yeah, i'm a negative nancy.

kuranes
10-16-2007, 09:22 PM
Looks like we got an Of Montreal song on there for Jason Schwartzman... Darjeeling was a fantastic movie.

pinocchio
10-16-2007, 09:40 PM
i don't even want to imagine what's on this. i will never understand the appeal of wes anderson. darjeeling limited seems like one of my nightmares put to celluloid from the cast to the story to the look of the film. yeah, i'm a negative nancy.

the movie was great man. not so good the first time - really good the second. wes anderson films are just another group of movies to sort aside by themselves. you have to be in a patient, tolerable wes anderson mood to enjoy them. i find that if you're in a really, really good mood, they're fun and awesome in a totally different way.

i have no idea where you're coming from with the darjeeling rip though. the "look of the film" is what made it. the setting, props, characters, and especially costumes were fucking on point and jaw dropping. the cast was good. owen wilson is out of his mind. the short i liked even more. but whatevs

tralala
10-16-2007, 09:55 PM
yep... the wes anderson movies are stylistically amazing, both visually and script-ually (hah). i fucking love them, and can't really see how anyone would strongly dislike them unless they're in a "everyone likes it? i FUCKING HATE IT" mindset (which a lot of people are, so i guess it makes sense).

haven't seen the new one, but have been watching all his other films a lot lately. a lot of the reason is because i'm working on a score for a film that is strongly influenced by his style, and i'm in love with the scores mark monthersbaugh makes

dust
10-16-2007, 10:30 PM
i just don't like his aesthetic. it kind of represents everything wrong with "independent" film to me. i won't deny that from an objective standpoint the look of the film is fantastic, but i still don't like it. i find his films very shallow and way too precious. to each his own. i couldn't care less about popularity. i dig harmony korine and vincent gallo, who a lot of people just dismiss for being overrated or trendy or whatever. i guess i just like watching unpleasant films.

tralala
10-16-2007, 11:09 PM
haha, fair enough... to each their own indeed.

theaddingmachine
10-17-2007, 05:32 AM
i mostly like wes anderson's font choices LOL
http://www.marksimonson.com/article/87/royal-tenenbaums-world-of-futura

pinocchio
10-17-2007, 08:18 AM
All Caps Please

pinocchio
10-17-2007, 08:19 AM
hey...

Musicalfusion
10-17-2007, 11:27 AM
you no what was another good movie, The Royal Tenenbaums. Darjeeling Limited kinda reminds me of that movie for some reason

theaddingmachine
10-17-2007, 11:53 AM
and the reason is WES

stompclapclap
10-17-2007, 03:23 PM
i mostly like wes anderson's font choices LOL
http://www.marksimonson.com/article/87/royal-tenenbaums-world-of-futura
oh man that's such a neat article!

patman?
10-17-2007, 03:28 PM
Futura is one of my favorite fonts.

uncle eggma
10-17-2007, 09:15 PM
i don't live in new york or california, do any of you know when this movie goes nationwide?

gwilym
10-19-2007, 03:27 AM
i wonder if this movie will every make it to india. i'd watch it.

DavidLeeRoth
10-19-2007, 08:11 AM
You can check the Fox Searchlight page for upcoming showtime. I don't think this one is going to go wide for some weird reason. I had to drive about an hour and a half into Philly to see it, but it was well worth my time and money.

uncle eggma
10-19-2007, 03:32 PM
found it about 45 minutes from me. well in a few weeks anyway, but at least i have a time line now.