PDA

View Full Version : Essex Green with The Shins

Apples and Oranges
01-21-2004, 05:20 AM
So did anyone of the UK correspeondents see the Essex Green with The Shins in London last night? What an amazing show.

First time in the UK for the Shins. The show was totally packed and they blew me away. They played a mix of both LPs and although "Chutes Too Narrow" isn't even out here yet people seemed to know the songs. I think they might be big news over here some day soon.

The Essex Green were also great last night. Perhaps the best they've been in the three London shows I've seen. They played a mix of the two full lengths, plus some Finishing School stuff and "Up The Country" by The Sixth Great Lake which was totally awesome. James William Hindle played too.

All in all a great night out.

Thanks for coming guys. Have a great time in Spain!

David

gedster
01-21-2004, 11:13 AM
They were indeed stunning, Mr Apples. I would have gone for the Spitz gig as my fave which had a long and wonderful set but that's just my humble opinion.

If I'm allowed a modest plug, we have a few reviews (and set lists) on www.soundsxp.com, and an interview with Sasha which will be joined by one with Chris Ziter as soon as I get my finger out. We also have some pics from Bob at www.underexposed.org.uk - can I commend his brilliant site which contains just about every interesting indie band to have played London over the last few years. It's not just comprehensive but fantastic quality too. Bob is David Bailey in a paisley shirt.....

Oh, and the Shins were amazing too! (btw, Rough Trade imported some early copies of 'Chutes...' which is why so many of us knew the tunes).

Apples and Oranges
01-22-2004, 02:44 AM
I enjoyed the Spitz show. I just thought the atmosphere at the Arts Cafe show made for a better experience. But they were both very good.

I like your site, Gedster. There's some nice stuff on there. The Sasha interview is great, and there's lots of other stuff on there we don't usually get to read about anywhere else. Excellent stuff. Keep up the good work.

D