PDA

View Full Version : two amazing records

William
10-12-2007, 09:19 PM
just discovered battle of electricity and are you sleepy

excellent really nice records. thank you gerbils.

they seem a bit slept on in the elephant 6 canon

Harnk
10-13-2007, 03:05 PM
there was a time when I thought they were good, but I was all too caught up in discovering "elephant 6" that I wasn't really reading them against the billion bands out there who actually have made great records. Mucho eh.

eggcup
10-13-2007, 04:18 PM
true. they are not "great" but they still have some appeal at least for me. I try not to like them just because they are e six (there is so much e six that I can't get into at all) but I like the gerbils. they are just so sincere, I guess. They are one of the bands that just keeps playing in my head.

clickxclick
02-05-2008, 04:58 PM
I actually like the album "The Battle of Electricity" more than most other E6 bands. Lately I can't seem to take it off my turntable. Every time I go to put on a new record and see what's already there I figure I should just listen to that same album again.

plex
02-05-2008, 05:41 PM
i they are really great. Is She Fiona is kinda my song, i guess.

Akryllic Love
01-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Most music (at least the music I listen to) sounds better with some nice good headphones, but I enjoy The Gerbils more on cheap boom boxes than with headphones. I just wish they had thought of a better band name...

GlowRightIntoYou
01-06-2009, 10:06 PM
Some of the unreleased songs from the Holiday Surprise shows like "Two Skies" and "My Honor" are brilliant. Also, "Crayon Box" is one of my favorite songs ever (same with Glue).

hwanky
01-07-2009, 11:23 AM
I love both Gerbils records so much. I like to turn them up very loud and leap around. "The White Sky" and "Glue" are definitely favorite songs, but I really do like everything on them, which is unusual for me.

jdrawmeasheep
01-07-2009, 01:21 PM
"Crayon Box" is one of my favorite songs ever (same with Glue).

im so glad someone finaly said it. people always say their favorite gerbils song is glue (yes, it is amazing) and the occasional grin (yup) but really, when scott sings "i just dont undeeeeerrrstaaaaand" i yell and jump along no matter where i am.

GlowRightIntoYou
01-07-2009, 03:29 PM
im so glad someone finaly said it. people always say their favorite gerbils song is glue (yes, it is amazing) and the occasional grin (yup) but really, when scott sings "i just dont undeeeeerrrstaaaaand" i yell and jump along no matter where i am.

Yess! Such a brilliant song. I've been learning to cover this one, actually. It's just so overlooked. Amazing.

loveminuszeroCB
01-07-2009, 06:17 PM
at the holiday surprise show in rochester, he played crayon box. it was so good and i did jump all about! if anything, i seriously expected him to play grin (since he'd already played glue and lead). we asked him to do fluid, but he couldn't remember it apparently. haha, fluid is one of my favorites.

GlowRightIntoYou
01-07-2009, 06:39 PM
Ahh, that would have been awesome. No Crayon Box in Chicago, but it was still awesome.

aewofij
01-18-2009, 04:14 PM
i listened to are you sleepy for the first time in about three months today.

oh so good. oh so good. all of it is just so good. a bit like the way i used to think of the insides of people's bodies.

alltomorrowsparties
01-29-2009, 10:09 AM
at the holiday surprise show in rochester, he played crayon box. it was so good and i did jump all about! if anything, i seriously expected him to play grin (since he'd already played glue and lead). we asked him to do fluid, but he couldn't remember it apparently. haha, fluid is one of my favorites.

we got glue and snorkel in athens. man...if he'd played crayon box i would have gone crazy! god that must have been fun.

EllertTremorControl
01-29-2009, 07:01 PM

Aww No Fair!! I asked Scott to play Crayon Box in Boston and he said he couldn't sing that high anymore! How'd his vocals sound?

tito00
02-07-2009, 11:27 AM
I need to get Are You Sleepy one day.
They have an original (much more than it seems), unpretentious and very sensible sound.
Crayon Box is one of my favourite too, with Lucky Girl (which melodies and arrangements are just perfect), Fail To Mention and some other.

beeftown
02-08-2009, 12:13 PM
I've finally gotten around to listening to the Gerbils (I purchased Are You Sleepy? last night), and I was shocked. I usually don't love every song off of an album, but the whole thing was excellent. I was in a bit of a funk and it brought me out of it, I was smiling through most of the record.

Dihnekis
02-08-2009, 03:14 PM
I love the bullhorn on Grin.

loveminuszeroCB
02-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Aww No Fair!! I asked Scott to play Crayon Box in Boston and he said he couldn't sing that high anymore! How'd his vocals sound?

fine, i'd say! :)