PDA

View Full Version : Orange Twin Field Works

Imnsvale
10-12-2007, 06:38 AM
Is Volume Two still coming out?

And, does anyone know the name for the style of music that was recorded for this? I enjoy it and I'm trying to find more music like it, but I don't know what it's called.

Siah
10-12-2007, 01:13 PM
they are mixed field recordings, not really a style of music at all (not saying anything bad by that, it just doesn't really exist besides that that I know of)

dwightp
10-12-2007, 01:20 PM
I think you could safely call it Eastern European folk music, if nothing else.

Slyowl
10-14-2007, 03:58 PM
It's Bulgarian isn't it? If you're after something (slightly) similar, I found a recording called Rainy Night in the Bell Tent on the Internet Archive a while ago, and loved it - its a recording of some musicians in Cornwall sitting in a tent playing gypsy music while it rains. There are a few more good recordings of the same people and their friends on the archive - the Snailfriends ones are all kinds of awesome. Also there are some festival field recordings if you search a bit. I'd find them for you but the archive is stuffing up on me. Look for the Dongas Tribe, Children of the Drone, Sunrise Festival and Avebury Midsummer 2006, Fireside Jamming Beltaine Cresswell 2005, Sint-Niklaas Samhain 1995, and A Tiny Window - Interdimensional PixieThrash. They're all pretty cool.

Also, hej! I'm a Townhall tourist for today. You people have interesting conversations.

Imnsvale
10-16-2007, 01:02 PM
It's Bulgarian isn't it? If you're after something (slightly) similar, I found a recording called Rainy Night in the Bell Tent on the Internet Archive a while ago, and loved it - its a recording of some musicians in Cornwall sitting in a tent playing gypsy music while it rains. There are a few more good recordings of the same people and their friends on the archive - the Snailfriends ones are all kinds of awesome. Also there are some festival field recordings if you search a bit. I'd find them for you but the archive is stuffing up on me. Look for the Dongas Tribe, Children of the Drone, Sunrise Festival and Avebury Midsummer 2006, Fireside Jamming Beltaine Cresswell 2005, Sint-Niklaas Samhain 1995, and A Tiny Window - Interdimensional PixieThrash. They're all pretty cool.

Also, hej! I'm a Townhall tourist for today. You people have interesting conversations.

Excellent, thanks a lot!

Anyone else have suggestions?