PDA

View Full Version : What next?

murphydog
01-20-2004, 02:41 AM
Hi everybody, I'm new to this board I've
fallen hard for Olivia Tremor Control(Dusk at Cubist Castle) and I
would like recommendations for further listening.

dolemites_sister
01-20-2004, 03:33 AM
I always have to reccomend Of Montreal... They are a really awesome band... I also love Dressy Bessy, Essex Green, Summer Hymns, Elf Power, Apples in Stereo, and Neutral Milk Hotel..

The next two e6 albums I would suggest that you purchase would be The Gay Parade by of montreal, and In The Aeroplane Over the Sea of Neutral Milk Hotel...

But there are so many good e6 projects you need to just dive in and then gradually you will be in love with all of them.

little wolf
01-20-2004, 06:47 AM
whoa whoa whoa, the first thing you need to do is get "black foliage" by olivia tremor control, if you've only heard dusk at cubist castle. black foliage is a masterpiece, you'll never listen to dusk again.

floating norman
01-20-2004, 07:42 AM
i would recommend otc's next lp, black foliage, and then circulatory system. of course every other band who has a moniker on this board is great, and if you like dusk at cubist's castle, i'm almost positive you'll gradually get into all these bands. also, beachwood sparks is a great, great band.

murphydog
01-20-2004, 08:44 AM
Thanks everyone theres obviously a lot of listening to be done!Black Foliage is already in my minidisc slowly yielding up it's secrets.I'm in the UK so its sometimes hard to source discs,can anybody recommend good online suppliers for E6 bands?

perfectbrokenmirror
01-20-2004, 05:37 PM
www.opalmusic.com

I would have thought that finding e6 stuff would be easier in the UK.

c.s

William
01-20-2004, 06:19 PM
The 4 other major Elephant 6 albums:

"In The Aeroplane Over The Sea" by Neutral Milk Hotel

"Tone Soul Evolution" by The Apples in Stereo

"The Gay Parade" by Of Montreal

"Black Foliage" by The Olivia Tremor Control (going to be re-released in March I'm quite sure)

Radiophobic Nate
01-21-2004, 12:47 AM
I'm going to be honest here, and I'll probably catch hell for this, but I haven't been able to get into any other E6 bands other than Neutral Milk Hotel and Olivia Tremor Control. Sad huh?