PDA

View Full Version : E6 Tattoos!

tackledspoon
09-16-2007, 05:54 PM
SHOW ME YOURS!
I was playing around in photoshop trying to make a good NMH tattoo and this is what I came up with. This is nowhere near final, but I just wanted to get the basic idea down and then refine it. I'd love some suggestions, if you've got any. I was thinking of maybe getting lyrics running through the angels to fill it out a little:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/tackledspoon/tattoo002.jpg

tomatoesandradiowires
09-16-2007, 07:04 PM
That's a rad idea for a tat

dreamer27
09-16-2007, 07:53 PM
This picture blew my fucking mind. I assumed it was your left arm you were photographing since it was on the left side of the desk, but your thumb was on the wrong side. I was freaked out for a second. Nice tat tho.

tackledspoon
09-16-2007, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by dreamer27
This picture blew my fucking mind. I assumed it was your left arm you were photographing since it was on the left side of the desk, but your thumb was on the wrong side. I was freaked out for a second. Nice tat tho.
This picture always looked a bit funny to me, but I couldn't figure out why. I'm pretty sure that's it. I'm trying to figure out why I positioned myself that way.

tackledspoon
09-19-2007, 07:19 PM
So I've done a couple of much better drafts and converted one of Will Schaff's drawings into a possible design. I'd love some feedback. If I were to get the piano/flames one, I'd probably put it on the left hand side of my chest/side, right about where my heart is. I'd also probably get it filled in, eventually.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/tackledspoon/option2copy.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/tackledspoon/option1copy.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/tackledspoon/tattoocopy.jpg

tackledspoon
09-19-2007, 07:20 PM
I just realized what a shitty job I did on the little boy's left hand. Wow. I'll need to fix that one.

dreamer27
09-19-2007, 08:07 PM
I really like the piano and flames one, very original. If I was going to get the first one, I would get it on my shoulder blade probably though, I just feel like wrist tattoos look weird, lol. That's just my personal opinion though, do what works for you man. I can't wait till I decide what I want for my first tattoo.

tackledspoon
09-19-2007, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by dreamer27
I really like the piano and flames one, very original. If I was going to get the first one, I would get it on my shoulder blade probably though, I just feel like wrist tattoos look weird, lol. That's just my personal opinion though, do what works for you man. I can't wait till I decide what I want for my first tattoo.
I forgot to mention that the last design is by Will Schaff. I just "hollowed it out" and redrew some of the lines.

ﺶﻙﯔ
09-19-2007, 08:28 PM
not saying you shouldn't, but i would never get a band tattoo. what if you stop liking nmh? then it'll just be a constant, embarrassing reminder. like i probably would've got a smiths tattoo at one time and i still like them, but i'd be really embarrassed if i had fucking morrissey or some shit on a highly visible part of my arm. in fact, at this point i'd probably be embarrassed to own a smiths tshirt (and i am - i gave away a ringer morrissey tee to my friend, but more because i think ringers look ridiculous than anything).

tackledspoon
09-19-2007, 08:44 PM
^ well, none of them are really Neutral Milk Hotel tattoos unless I choose to put lyrics somewhere in them. They're just images that I enjoy and would like to have on myself. I'm also fairly sure that I'll never stop loving and listening to Neutral Milk Hotel. I'm twenty, which isn't too old, but it's old enough that I'm past the point of most major aesthetic changes in taste. Most old people I know are still listening to the same stuff that they were listening to at my age.

ﺶﻙﯔ
09-19-2007, 08:51 PM
yeah, i feel that. my tastes have changed pretty vastly since i got into music, but then again i'm only 18.

quixoticgoat
09-19-2007, 11:18 PM
david barnes' half bird half horses will be MIIINE.

i was also thinking of callin/emailin him up and asking to draw some quetzals for me. that would be pretty fuckin bitchin.

piaptk
09-19-2007, 11:34 PM
I saw a girl at a show once who had a GORGEOUS NMH drumhead lady tattoo. I was crushing REALLY hard. Not just because of the tat, but she had a crazy beautiful smile, wonderful eyes, and I'd been drinking heavily.

radiowires
09-20-2007, 05:45 AM
I've always liked the idea of that piano-filled-with-flames drawing as a tat. HERE (http://flickr.com/photos/samsa1973/286585834/in/set-1247659/)'s an example of it on a girl's upper arm. Looks great, I think.

tackledspoon
09-20-2007, 05:52 AM
^Ah, but I'd hate to ever run into a person who had the same tattoo as I did. Looks like that one's out of the question. It does look great, though.

radiowires
09-20-2007, 07:10 AM
Well, I think she lives in Tracy, CA, which is kind of where 580 meets I-5 east of Hayward. So you can calculate your chances of running into her. I understand your reasoning, but if you are interested in any artist's work, it is probably inked on somebody somewhere. To avoid that you would have to go with a totally original image. Or a re-imagined one, like what you've been showing us here.

quixoticgoat
09-20-2007, 07:42 AM
i emailed david barnes about the quetzals. wooohooooo

beans45601
09-20-2007, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by quixoticgoat
i emailed david barnes about the quetzals. wooohooooo

Good luck. My friend e-mailed him about a year ago about getting a tattoo and we still haven't heard from him